Si Files

Cyrem

The SI files found in Lego/Scripts/ are the files that store all the main game data such as audio, animations, models, video, texture etc.

The files use the RIFF format, which is just basically a file structure used for many different formats such as WAV files. Inside these files contain possibly the name ID of the resource the locations of the chucks of data and a file path to where it is located. There are some(though not many) RIFF file viewers that display the structure of the file. The best one I've found is this one: http://www.menasoft....pad/riffpad.zip

The viewer will show the chunks of the file, however only seems to go one level deep because I can see more lists inside of lists. Note that you will see the same stuff as you will in a HEX editor, but this structures it a bit better.

A first step for pulling these files apart would be making a tool to pull apart the RIFF files.

• Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake

I did notice the RIFF while looking into it one time, though I had no idea what a .RIFF file was. What you posted there is good to know. Yay for small progress on LI!

You knew this ages ago when I asked you to look into it. What took you so long?

I knew it was RIFF yes, but only yesterday did I find a decent RIFF viewer.

I don't really know anything about RIFF files but I've had a quick look at a few of the SI files with the viewer and the file paths reference a "Q:", for example:

q:\lego\media\movies\intro.smk[/CODE]

I'm assuming this is referring to some sort of archive file, but I can't find anything. Anyone know more about this?

On a side note it's interesting that the videos are smacker, but it's for space saving I guess.

I don't really know anything about RIFF files but I've had a quick look at a few of the SI files with the viewer and the file paths reference a "Q:", for example:

q:\lego\media\movies\intro.smk[/CODE]

I'm assuming this is referring to some sort of archive file, but I can't find anything. Anyone know more about this?

On a side note it's interesting that the videos are smacker, but it's for space saving I guess.

Q is just a drive letter. It's probably the drive they kept all the files on when they made the archives.

Yeah, I thought it was just using that notation but after looking into the file format a bit more I understand it a bit better, I guess Q would be the actual drive, or network drive or whatever.

So from what I've found it sounds like the files referenced in the SI files are contained within those files and not some other archive? I'm guessing they are judging by the difference in size of the SIs, i.e. the script for the intro is much bigger than the cdspin script :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.