• Large Mobile laser cutter
    • Chrome Crusher
    • All Large vehicles
    • All Drilling Vehicles
    • All Laser Cutters
    • All Of them
    • ????????
    • don't know don't care

In my Opinion the Hover scout is the most useless.

OK, you can move faster, but that's it.

The other Vehicles make sense, the can drill or defend the HQ.

But the Hover scout can't drill, defend or do something else.

It just costs energy crystals and makes your RR faster, but if you want to drill, you have to go out and drill, and after that you have top go in it and move to the next wall.

The small digger is very better than the Hover scout, I guess.

The chrome crusher!

WHAT DID YOU SAY??

The Chrome crusher is one of the best vehicles in the game, maybe the best ever!!

It is in the beginning slow, but it can be faster and have two drills.

And it can defend monsters.

Maybe slimy slugs, too, I don't try that yet^^

No vehicle can do all those things, I think.

• 4 weeks later...

I never found the small mobile laser cutter to be of any use. Right behind it the Hover Scout. Occasionally I'll make a really fast Hover Scout just to waste materials, but never the SMLC.

The chrome crusher!

BLASPHEMY!!!! -.-

The Chrome Crusher is ESSENTIAL in Frozen Frenzy, Air Raiders and Rocky Horror! Unless you want your Explosive Experts to kill themselves all the time and then run as soon as a monster or a bat comes within 100 metres of them. >_>

It's also fun to use it in other missions, like Lava Laughter. :P

Coulda told me this sooner, I played those like a million times and would take forever finishing them

The LMS Explorer. Thing gets sucked up into wormholes, and gets hit by meteors and crap. Very unreliable.

How ever it is very large and can travel through space. That's what kept it in the game I guess.

Hover Scout can't do crap though.

Drill Master

Definately laser cutters. I use more crystals trying to cut down an energy crystal seam than what it gives back. the only laser i use is the one on the Chrome Crusher which i use to attack monsters while im drilling. other than that, totally useless.

The LMS Explorer. Thing gets sucked up into wormholes, and gets hit by meteors and crap. Very unreliable.

How ever it is very large and can travel through space. That's what kept it in the game I guess.

Hover Scout can't do crap though.

At least the hover scout isn't getting sucked into worm holes.

Then again /:| ...

I never found the small mobile laser cutter to be of any use

I haven't found much use for any laser equipment. Drills and explosives do the job fine.

I never found the small mobile laser cutter to be of any use

I haven't found much use for any laser equipment. Drills and explosives do the job fine.

The only purpose lasers ever should have served is as a giant cannon for shooting monsters.

The only purpose lasers ever should have served is as a giant cannon for shooting monsters.

Yo dawg, I heard u leik shooting monsters with lazers, so lazer drain glitch.

Yo dawg, I heard u leik shooting monsters with lazers, so lazer drain glitch.

You won.

They could have made lasers useful for taking out solid rock or making it the only way to clear hard rock.

They could have made lasers useful for taking out solid rock

Defeats the purpose of Solid Rock...

Hard Rock would have been good, though.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont care what anyone says. The chrome crusher is the best vehicle. Once you upgrade it, its speed isnt a problem, and it can basically do everything except carry stuff, which is best left to transport trucks anyway.

From worst to best:

Hover scout

Rapid Rider

SMLC

LMLC

Granite Grinder

Cargo Carrier

Small Digger

Tunnel Scout

Transport Truck

Loader Dozer

Chrome Crusher

• 2 months later...

I go for that... hover scout thing?

(I played the Dutch version, so I dunno the English names -_-' )

Even the lasers have a greater chance to be used.

I go for that... hover scout thing?

(I played the Dutch version, so I dunno the English names -_-' )

Even the lasers have a greater chance to be used.

The majority agree.

Here's how I see it: as far as modding goes, you can turn the lasers into weapons.

The Hover Scout is just a fast Raider that can't do anything. It's useless.

I'm using the Baz's mod thingy and most levels have a recharge seam now (At least in the beginning).

Heck, I just pick LMLC because I could never use them! {Insert soundtrack from a star wars laser fight} :P

I'm using the Baz's mod thingy and most levels have a recharge seam now (At least in the beginning).

Heck, I just pick LMLC because I could never use them! {Insert soundtrack from a star wars laser fight} :P

Are you the one with the LP's about RR Baz's Mod?

Because he said exactly the same in his videos..

• 1 month later...

Wait, Tunnel Transport is an option? I guess it IS useless...

Whatever, definitely Granite Grinder. Pointless to put in there as it drills as fast through Hard Rock as the Small Digger.

Wait, Tunnel Transport is an option? I guess it IS useless...

Whatever, definitely Granite Grinder. Pointless to put in there as it drills as fast through Hard Rock as the Small Digger.

The tunnel transport, once its full capabilities are modded back into the game, is basically a cargo carrier that can travel over all surfaces, making said cargo carrier obsolete. It's still not that useful, though it's essential in a handful of custom levels.

• 9 months later...

I think all of them.

The Hover Scout: No function whatsoever. Only useful in Run the Gauntlet, and even then, only just. There's a Small Digger there.

Transport Truck: Ok, this is handy-ish, but there's so many other STUPID VEHICLES anyways.

Small Digger: Takes AGES to get through hard rock.

Small Laser Cutter: Why the crystal drain? And slow mining? AND useless drill upgrade?

Rapid Rider: When do you ACTUALLY need to cross water?*

Tunnel Scout: ^see above^

Loader Dozer: So slow... and it goes from one side of the cavern to the other shovelling rubble... it takes the same time as a RR to shovel... And upon being hit by a monster, it is doomed.

Granite Grinder: Moves too slow to be an alternative to the Chrome Crusher. Drills anything too slowly.

Chrome Crusher: WAY too slow. Even when upgraded. Useless laser on the top. And when do you actually need to drill through large amounts of Hard Rock?

Cargo Carrier: ^see Rapid Rider^

Large Laser Cutter: ^see Small Laser Cutter^ Does no damage to monster either. <_<

Tunnel Transport: See Cargo Carrier.

I think that's all of them.

*With Water Lot Of Fun, there are fifteen crystals in your Tool Store side of the lake. Just don't build anything.

When do you ACTUALLY need to cross water?

Fire n' Water. It's the only mission where you have to actually move your base to get the required crystals. Also, Search n' Rescue certainly requires it. Run the Guantlet technically counts but gives you a free Cargo Carrier.

Transport Truck: Ok, this is handy-ish, but there's so many other STUPID VEHICLES anyways.

That is not a reason. How is that a reason?

Small Digger: Takes AGES to get through hard rock.

(Later on...)

Chrome Crusher: When do you actually need to drill through large amounts of Hard Rock?

You, sir, just defeated your own argument. Bravo.

(But there is, you know, Frozen Frenzy, Rock Hard, etc. that do involve drilling a lot of hard rock. And using a vehicle ensures Raiders don't kill themselves.)

I could argue further, but I don't want to spend all day here.

That is not a reason. How is that a reason?

I was saying that because of one vehicle that was useful, but the ~10 others weren't. So it made more sense (for me (but as far as anyone who has talked to me, sanity is a distant memory))

Fire n' Water. It's the only mission where you have to actually move your base to get the required crystals. Also, Search n' Rescue certainly requires it.

Got me there.

And using a vehicle ensures Raiders don't kill themselves.

You sure about that? When drilling a wall which has the trigger right in front of the wall you are drilling, at 200% game speed there's barely enough time to turn on Action Stations before... kaboom.

Though dynamite is probably worse.

But there is, you know, Frozen Frenzy, Rock Hard, etc. that do involve drilling a lot of hard rock.

True. There's not too many though... *boots up RR*

Explosive Action (Not really. You can get away with one wall being destroyed.), Breathless (this time there's two), and the one's you've said already.

But do notice that as you go deeper into Planet U, where the levels are SUPPOSED to get 'harder,' there's very little/none Hard Rock obstructing your way.

I don't want to spend all day here.

But I do. :P

Thanks for pointing out these to me.

I always want to imporve my agruments... so that I can hit you harder next time... :P

You sure about that? When drilling a wall which has the trigger right in front of the wall you are drilling, at 200% game speed there's barely enough time to turn on Action Stations before... kaboom.

Yeah, but that's pretty rare. And it's one of the rare uses for the Chrome Crusher's laser.

Though dynamite is probably worse.

Believe me, it is.

Explosive Action (Not really. You can get away with one wall being destroyed.), Breathless (this time there's two), and the one's you've said already. But do notice that as you go deeper into Planet U, where the levels are SUPPOSED to get 'harder,' there's very little/none Hard Rock obstructing your way.

Yeah I can't argue with that. In most missions you can get away with reinforcing all the hard rock you see and drill everything else to win.

Still, I think it's a bit silly that this argument hinges on what you "need" to do. Most of the fun of Rock Raiders is in the stuff you don't need to do but you can. Strictly speaking all you "need" to do in frozen frenzy is blast the hard rock in one direction and shoot the occasional monster. But anyone who isn't speed running it obviously isn't going to do that!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.