• Large Mobile laser cutter
    • Chrome Crusher
    • All Large vehicles
    • All Drilling Vehicles
    • All Laser Cutters
    • All Of them
    • ????????
    • don't know don't care

As this topic says what vehicle do you think is the most pointless. for me it’s the hover scout because it cannot cross water it cannot carry anything also it has very poor upgrades. Have Fun :)

this topic if it were a vehicle I hardly view the vehicles in my game as being the actual vehicles so I don't know.

:lol: my topic was not named right so i fixed it :)

The Brigadier

Laser cutters are pointless in the original; we have Chrome Crushers, Dynamite, Rock Raiders, Small Diggers etc.

They eat crystals which then have to be recharged, which is time-consuming.

Laser cutters are pointless in the original; we have Chrome Crushers, Dynamite, Rock Raiders, Small Diggers etc.

yeah i know if only there was a way to make them useful :?: in the original game.

The Brigadier

yeah i know if only there was a way to make them useful :?: in the original game.

Well, there wouldn't be, because it would be modding, which would make the game not-original. :P

Radar Truck

The Hover Scout since it does even less than a manually-controlled raider. It can move on land and that's it. At least the laser cutters can be used for defense.

The Brigadier

Radar Truck

The Hover Scout since it does even less than a manually-controlled raider. It can move on land and that's it. At least the laser cutters can be used for defense.

Maybe it was included to either:

1. Provide continuity from the sets, or

2. To get a Raider somewhere faster? Maybe to help out with defending the base, drilling etc?

Honestly, I don't really see a point in the Small Transport Truck, since the Small Digger DOES have a bucket on the back. Really, you could actually get everything done with just the Small Digger and the Tunnel Transport, if the Small Digger's bucket could carry anything. Granted the Small Digger is kind of slow drilling through Hard Rock...

Otherwise, I would definitely say the Hover Scout is the least useful. Even for scouting, the Tunnel Scout would be a better option (Although it does require more crystals).

Chrome Crusher... because I always finish the levels before I get upto using it.

Just because you try to speedrun levels doesn't make it useless overall.

Definitely the Hover Scout. The only way it would be useful is in early missions with easy energy crystal quotas for a player who uses first person/second person mode a lot. Even then you're better off with an upgraded small digger.

The Chrome Crusher would also qualify in some missions with very few energy crystals for building, but it's still a good vehicle for when you need to drill through a lot of hard rock like Frozen Frenzy.

The Small Mobile Laser Cutter is redundant. In my overhaul mod I'll be replacing it with a mobile long-range radar and nerfing the Geological Center's scanner.

I rarely use the Large Mobile Laser Cutter, but I've found it useful as a tank for missions with a lot of monsters, especially after upgrading it.

The Granite Grinder, like the SMLC, is redundant. It's not much faster than the small digger when drilling through walls and costs a lot more. Upgrades are not worth the cost.

List from worst to, er... least bad:

Hover Scout - Useless

SMLC - Redundant, Situational

LMLC - Situational

Granite Grinder - Redundant

Chrome Crusher - Powerful but Inefficient, Situational*

Footnotes:

*Play style dependent rather than mission dependent - there are very few missions where you can't bring at least one of these down, but very few where it's basically mandated.

I would say that the SMLC was the most useless, because it is very slow and not very powerfull either. Also i like the Hover Scout, so I would not pick that, though it is not very usefull.

Chrome Crusher... because I always finish the levels before I get upto using it.

Sorry I thought the topic was about stating which vehicles we think are useless. I don't have 20 minutes to waste waiting for a chrome crusher to move around the map when I have explosive experts at my disposal.

The Brigadier

Sorry I thought the topic was about stating which vehicles we think are useless. I don't have 20 minutes to waste waiting for a chrome crusher to move around the map when I have explosive experts at my disposal.

But what about levels that require multiple dynamite? The Chrome Crusher is then faster (albeit when upgraded) than using Explosive Experts unless you move the Tool Store.

The disadvantage of dynamite is that if a raider carrying dynamite slips on a spider or is scared by something, he'll drop the dynamite and the Use Dynamite command on the wall will be instantly canceled. Vehicles never have to worry about that, but the Chrome Crusher is still slower than raiders even when upgraded (innit?) so it's not much better.

Both sides have a point. Dynamite beats the Chrome Crusher on levels where the hard rock is in thin layers like in Explosive Action, while the Chrome Crusher is almost mandatory for Frozen Frenzy and Dynamite won't really get you anywhere.

Then of course there's the issue of said Dynamite exploding in a rock raider's face.

Then of course there's the issue of said Dynamite exploding in a rock raider's face.

He blows up, he blows up, HE BLOWS UP?!!! :P

:lol: i love that video Cirevam uploaded :D :lol:

But I don't think the Small Digger automatically goes to pick up ore & ECs on the ground unlike the Small Transport Trucks.

That's what I meant. It has a bucket, so why can't it carry anything? It seems like a waste to have a whole separate vehicle to carry crystals/ore when the Small Digger should be able to do so.

I find explosives experts useless. They bumble around and drop stuff, and then either set down an unloaded pack or blow themselves up. The Chrome Crusher is far superior, as it is able to reliably bash down any wall type quickly. Speed means nothing, as Rock Raiders was never about being fast aside from a few levels (that's the whole point of giant caves you can strip mine). 20 minutes for a Chrome Crusher is much better than an hour for some clumsy Rock Raiders.

The Brigadier

The chrome crusher!

BLASPHEMY!!!! -.-

The Chrome Crusher is ESSENTIAL in Frozen Frenzy, Air Raiders and Rocky Horror! Unless you want your Explosive Experts to kill themselves all the time and then run as soon as a monster or a bat comes within 100 metres of them. >_>

It's also fun to use it in other missions, like Lava Laughter. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.