Lego/marvel Rock Raiders Sweepstakes?

emily

I found this bizarre listing on eBay.

It appears as if the winner of the contest was to be visited by "The Captain" (the Chief?) during a Halloween party and given a full Rock Raiders collection, in addition to a $1000 savings bond. If the description is accurate, then the contest would have been advertized in some Marvel comic.

Kind of strange, isn't it?

Very interesting...

A "visit" from "Captain" and the PC game and all of the sets and $1000 savings bond? Almighty Kcor they never have contests with prizes of that kind of value anymore ever. It's usually just "W00t, you won, here's a hundred dollar gift card thing!"

Also, the next prize is a keychain? Really? Overall, I am quite skeptical of this.

Also, the next prize is a keychain? Really? I am quite skeptical of this.

Not really, most of Lego's contests have a giant grand prize, 100 decent first prizes, and 200 not-so-great second prizes.

This also shows me that there were THREE keychains. MUST KEEP LOOKING.

LOL I bet that all three keychains were destroyed. Either someone used it for a real keychain (LEGO keychains always seem to get wrecked easily for me), or they were locked away in "The Cathedral", LEGO's archive of sets they've done (Some of them WERE NEVER RELEASED).

This also shows me that there were THREE keychains. MUST KEEP LOOKING.

Looking at the ad, it seems to me like the image of the keychain may just be edited together - I feel like I've seen that exact image of the Chief somewhere else. It could be they just didn't want to bother to finding an image of the actual keychain. In that case, there would only be two keychains.

It just seems odd to me that they would produce 200 keychains specifically for the contest, but then again, the entire premise of the sweepstakes is very strange...

Unless I'm mistaken, the RR minifigs were never actually made with the leg printing. The Chief keychain shown has leg printing. I've also never seen LEGO have legit pictures of minifigs in which the minifigs have a limb(s) positioned in an impossible way.

• 4 months later...

I've been looking around lately and I can't find the existence of the Chief keychain on the net.

If they did make it, it must have been very limited quantity... probably like the LRR mouse mat.

I've been looking around lately and I can't find the existence of the Chief keychain on the net.

If they did make it, it must have been very limited quantity... probably like the LRR mouse mat.

My teacher in Year 4 had one.

Weirder still, I have a DIFFERENT Chief keychain and can't find proof of it either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.