Loco Dev Found!

le717

And I don't mean crazy either. :P

A lot of people on here have been in contact with various LEGO game devs. Many have contacted Wes Jenkins (LI), Jamesster has contacted Jeff James (LR dev), and he knows the YT username of someone who worked on the music from LR2/DR. And I've heard there is a LRR dev floating around here somewhere. But in most, if not all of these cases, someone went out and found the dev. Well, a LEGO LOCO dev just found us.

Well, my brother at least.

I will explain more after this short video, which you should watch before reading the rest.

Of course, the main star of the video above is Super Station Master. And we all know that SSM (or his non-superhero counterpart anyway) is the minifig that gives you help around LOCO, while at the same time speaking in such a strange language that LEGO had that in their FAQ of LOCO. (And admit it, we all like to mock SSM's voice. :P)

Well, just yesterday, my brother (called rioforce, or rio for short), was checking his YT inbox and he had some comments (Not surprising, it seems he always has some). I was standing beside him, and he had one on the above video. We quickly read it, deleted it, and moved on, But I got him to read it again, and when we did that, I was surprised. Quote the comment:

LOL. I designed this guy (and the game) in 1998 when I worked for Intelligent Games. (creators of the original Lego Loco game) Really enjoyed this vid. Thanks :D

tahoomie 1 day ago

A look at the user's channel reveals that they have uploaded only one video, and that comment was their most recent activity.

I know people will go out and say that they created a game when they did not, but I'm not too sure if someone would claim that they made LOCO, considering how it really didn't fly, and how IG was closed in 2002. From all this, I'm pretty sure we have a genuine LOCO dev here. (No pun intended).

Now the question is, what is this person's real name? The credits of LEGO LOCO don't list many people, and tahoomie can't be pulled out of list.

Now all we need to do is find the loco SSM voice actor and see if they did Irena's voice in LIJ2. :P

• Like 1

@ Cyrem and LegoEssence How would I do that? I mean, really? "Hey, I saw your comment on this video, and I was wondering what part of the game's design you worked on? I've looked at the credits, but I couldn't figure out who you might be."

That would be extremely awkward. I'll PM him, but I will have to figure out how to word it...

@ Cyrem and LegoEssence How would I do that? I mean, really? "Hey, I saw your comment on this video, and I was wondering what part of the game's design you worked on? I've looked at the credits, but I couldn't figure out who you might be."

That would be extremely awkward. I'll PM him, but I will have to figure out how to word it...

You just say "hey i'm a fan of the game, what did you work on in the game?" from that... take a look at the game credits: http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=17782&tab=credits

If he says programmer, that narrows it down to 5 people. I don't see how that is awkward.

Full Motion Video by Full Fat Productions

Haha

• This guy says he designed LEGO Loco and worked at Intelligent Games.
  • Intelligent Games also created LEGO Stunt Rally.
  • A Playstation version of Stunt Rally was planned, but canceled.
  • This guy might know something about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U39kfgjuie4

I PM'ed the dev on YT Saturday, and he hasn't replied back, nor has there been any other activity on that account. It may have been one of those "Oh! I didn't know I had this still!" thing, logged in and some how found the video and commented on it. Even if it was, I am still hoping he replies.

• 8 months later...

Topic bump!

I've just looked at the dev's channel, and there has been activity within the last 3 months. Yet he has not replied to my PM. Unless he is contacted again and we can get him to talk, I don't think we will ever know anything from this LOCO dev. :(

Also, someone can move this topic to the LEGO LOCO section. It used to be there, but Cyrem moved it here in order to redo the forum, and it was never moved back. ;)

• 6 months later...

Nope. The newest activity on the channel was 10 months ago, when they subscribed to a Minecraft channel. In fact, they only did two more things after they commented on the video. I think it was as I said:

It may have been one of those "Oh! I didn't know I had this still!" thing, logged in and some how found the video and commented on it.

• 2 months later...
ProfessorBrickkeeper

If only Stunt Rally actually looked like that image.

IDK, the visual style of The jungle mockup appeals more to me...

• 1 year later...

You guys need to think a bit more!
I did a quick google search of the terms "tahoomie", and the second result was this:

https://www.elance.com/samples/student-handbook-cover/23982131/

"Dee Jarvis" also in game design
He was the team leader, according to the link given by le717 ( http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=17782&tab=credits )

bam

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.