Welcome Guest!

Did you know you that by registering, you can gain access to new special powers? You’ll be able to reply to Topics, create your own Topics, talk in our Chatbox, message members, manage your profile, access extra content and much more! Best of all, this message & ads will vanish!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
le717

Loco Dev Found!

18 posts in this topic

And I don't mean crazy either. :P

A lot of people on here have been in contact with various LEGO game devs. Many have contacted Wes Jenkins (Please login or register to see this link. 1 day ago

A look at the user's channel reveals that they have uploaded only one video, and that comment was their most recent activity.

I know people will go out and say that they created a game when they did not, but I'm not too sure if someone would claim that they made LOCO, considering how it really didn't fly, and how IG was closed in 2002. From all this, I'm pretty sure we have a genuine LOCO dev here. (No pun intended).

Now the question is, what is this person's real name? The credits of LEGO LOCO don't list many people, and tahoomie can't be pulled out of list.

Now all we need to do is find the loco SSM voice actor and see if they did Irena's voice in LIJ2. :P

1 person likes this

Contact him on YouTube and find out who he is? :o

As LegoEssence said, contact him and see if he really did work on the game.

This could turn out interesting...

@ Cyrem and LegoEssence How would I do that? I mean, really? "Hey, I saw your comment on this video, and I was wondering what part of the game's design you worked on? I've looked at the credits, but I couldn't figure out who you might be."

That would be extremely awkward. I'll PM him, but I will have to figure out how to word it...

@ Cyrem and LegoEssence How would I do that? I mean, really? "Hey, I saw your comment on this video, and I was wondering what part of the game's design you worked on? I've looked at the credits, but I couldn't figure out who you might be."

That would be extremely awkward. I'll PM him, but I will have to figure out how to word it...

You just say "hey i'm a fan of the game, what did you work on in the game?" from that... take a look at the game credits: http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=17782&tab=credits

If he says programmer, that narrows it down to 5 people. I don't see how that is awkward.

Full Motion Video by Full Fat Productions

Haha

• This guy says he designed LEGO Loco and worked at Intelligent Games.
  • Intelligent Games also created LEGO Stunt Rally.
  • A Playstation version of Stunt Rally was planned, but canceled.
  • This guy might know something about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U39kfgjuie4

1 person likes this

I just PM'ed him. Hopefully he'll reply soon.

I PM'ed the dev on YT Saturday, and he hasn't replied back, nor has there been any other activity on that account. It may have been one of those "Oh! I didn't know I had this still!" thing, logged in and some how found the video and commented on it. Even if it was, I am still hoping he replies.

Topic bump!

I've just looked at the dev's channel, and there has been activity within the last 3 months. Yet he has not replied to my PM. Unless he is contacted again and we can get him to talk, I don't think we will ever know anything from this LOCO dev. :(

Also, someone can move this topic to the LEGO LOCO section. It used to be there, but Cyrem moved it here in order to redo the forum, and it was never moved back. ;)

If he ever responds, this would be the best thing ever.

(Yes, I'm back :P)

(bump)

Any update?

Nope. The newest activity on the channel was 10 months ago, when they subscribed to a Minecraft channel. In fact, they only did two more things after they commented on the video. I think it was as I said:

It may have been one of those "Oh! I didn't know I had this still!" thing, logged in and some how found the video and commented on it.

Bumping to show this.

Please login or register to see this link.

1 person likes this

Bumping to show this.

Oh wow, great find! Looks like he worked on other LEGO stuff too.

If only Stunt Rally actually looked like that image.

If only Stunt Rally actually looked like that image.

IDK, the visual style of The jungle mockup appeals more to me...

You guys need to think a bit more!
I did a quick google search of the terms "tahoomie", and the second result was this:

"Dee Jarvis" also in game design
He was the team leader, according to the link given by le717 ( Please login or register to see this link. )

bam

2 people like this

Nothing

Edited by LEGOPerry