I Found These Lego Disks...

mumboking

I was looking in my room for something, when I came across these:

A BIONICLE (BIONICLE Vakama) mini CD and a Racers 2002 CD 2 (Racers2002JUNGLE) CD.

I believe that the BIONICLE disk came with my Toa Vakama BIONICLE. I don't remember where the Racers disk came from, but it does have NESTLÉ written on it.

Does anyone have any information?

Here's a rather bad picture I took of the Racers disk with my phone. (Click for larger view)

th_DSC00389.jpg

I have uploaded the contents to mediafire.

BIONICLE Vakama (Plain .zip file)

Racers2002JUNGLE (Part 1) (Split 7-zip archive. You'll need 7-zip for these)

Racers2002JUNGLE (Part 2)

Racers2002JUNGLE (Part 3)

• Like 1

I remember mini cds coming in some packs of Bionicle enemies that my brother had. They are long gone now.

As for the Racers 2002 disc, perhaps you can take a picture and link it on here? I've seen a pic on Jamesster's Brickshelf of a demo cd with the Nestle logo on it but that was a LEGO Sports disc. I personally would like to see the cover and the contents. Some demo cds have game demos on them, and I believe Jamesster told me that one such disc had a long version of a RR trailer. While the Racers one certainly wouldn't have that, it might still have cool stuff on it. (Like maybe a LR2/DR demo. :D Yes, I've been told many times that they are not real, but hey, I can dream can't I? :P)

Unfortunately, all the batteries I've tried in my camera don't have enough power left. I'll look for more batteries later.

I can upload the contents somewhere though. I have compressed them into a 378MB zip file. Could you suggest a site to upload it to?

I suggest compressing each cd into it's own zip and uploading them to mediafire. Free uploads only allow 200 MB tops, plus it would be easier for everyone to download them.

mediafire. Free uploads only allow 200 MB tops

That's the problem, the Racers disk is 378MB zipped.

The BIONICLE Vakama disk is only 155MB zipped so that can be uploaded fine.

I am zipping the contents of the disk.

Ah, 7-zip. I was going to use that to start with, but more people can open .zip files.

Hmm... It only compresses it to 359MB. I guess I could use split archives. :D

Also, I added a (rather bad) photo to the first post. :)

Hmm... It only compresses it to 359MB. I guess I could use split archives. :D

No! Don't use the split archive function! At least for .7z files anyway. I have used that before, and I could only extract it once before it became corrupt. Plus, it added .partx to the extension of the archive, and that may have been why it broke.

Since it doesn't compress enough in .7z format, switch back to .zip, but still use 7-zip, use best compression settings and split archives that way.

Well, the split archive I've just made with 7-zip has .7z.001, .7z.002 and .7z.003 as extensions.

I've already uploaded part 3 and part 1 is currently 35% uploaded.

I guess we'll see how it goes. :/

Download links added to first post.

Let me know if they're corrupt.

Ugh not 7-zip. Now I have to go get the program...

...Cyrem, you're meant to be the ultimate modder on this site. Y U NO 7-ZIP?

Ugh not 7-zip. Now I have to go get the program...

...Cyrem, you're meant to be the ultimate modder on this site. Y U NO 7-ZIP?

Because I'm not on dailup and don't care about downloading an extra few mb's. Plus .zip is more common.

Looks like some sort of PROMO game. It ran once after installing, then I quit by accident... and now it reckons it can't run because quicktime isn't installed properly, even though it is.

It probably was like one of those flash games on the LEGO website, but distrobuted as promotional material for Nestle.

There are also trailers in the files.

Downloaded, extracted, and installed the Drome Racers disc. It's giving me two errors when I try to run it - the first, it says QuickTime has not been installed (it has), and second, it says I may be running out of memory (hahahahaha)... Help? D:

Downloaded, extracted, and installed the Drome Racers disc. It's giving me two errors when I try to run it - the first, it says QuickTime has not been installed (it has), and second, it says I may be running out of memory (hahahahaha)... Help? D:

Same error, but it ran once for me. It probably can't handle newer versions of QT.

The quicktime error is also a known issue for the LEGO spybotics line. My best recommendation is to find a computer with an earlier version of windows - I really don't know of a fix right now.

Allright, so I installed it and started the game. It works fine for me, as I didn't have any Quicktime version installed at all, so I could install 5.0. I can't get the race to start though, as it exits to the desktop as soon as I click it. There seems to be another CD with a different race too, as there's a track "off limits" and I should "look out for the other CD". Have you got that as well? I will experiment some more tomorrow, going off to bed now.

There seems to be another CD with a different race too, as there's a track "off limits" and I should "look out for the other CD". Have you got that as well?

Unfortunately not. :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.