Website Where I Can Buy A Cheap Original Copy Of Lr1?

le717

Yes, I already own LR1, but it is a 2001 re-release. I noted a couple of things that are different in the 2001 copy (the trophies are one), and I really want to have an original release in my hands. Amazon, eBay, or Bricklink won't work because they all show generic icons for the game. (When I bought my copy, all I had to go by was the generic icon.) There is no retro game store nearby. In fact, the closest LEGO Store is a good morning's drive away, and a retro game sho that might have it might be there too. But we don't go there much (I haven't been there in a few years). So a website is my only option.

So does anyone know of a reputable retro game website where I know I can get a original copy of LR1? And for cheap?

So you are looking for the big box version?... if Amazon, eBay, and Bricklink are out of the picture it doesn't leave you with much at all. I've found big box versions of RR on ebay (yes I know you want Racers, just say'in), they come up now and then... but not cheap.

I got no ideas man, those would be the 3 I'd direct people to.

JrMasterModelBuilder

I'd say eBay is probably your best bet. The original release I got had a green cd with a closeup of Rocket Racer and came in a box. I assume that's the only one that's original. Also, it will have copy protection on it, just so you know.

On iPod right now, can't talk much.

@Cyrem if by that you mean the green disc JMMB was talking about, then yes that's what I'm looking for. I bought my copy from eBay and all I had to go by was the blue cover art. It seems all copies on there have that and the stock game description. Nobody adds their own pics nor a description of the disc shape/design. I will look there again, but unless someone does the opposite of the norm, it will be hard to spot.

@JMMB I know that. I've seen a pic of it online, and you've said before that was what you had. I also know there will be copy protection. I saw a thread on here somewhere that said what it is and there are programs that can remove it. I believe it's called SafeDisc V1. ;)

JrMasterModelBuilder

Yep, that will work, at least on Windows XP. Optionally, you can also remove the tag it adds to the hex saying it was unsafedisked by setting those bytes back to 0x00.

Anyway, I was looking at BrickLink, and if you click the name of the store that's selling it, you can click "Contact Store" and ask them for more information.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.