Pirate Skull Pass Shortcut Revealed!

LegoEssence

On iPod right now can't talk much.

@moddedlego if there was tools for modding lr1/2 why would origamiguy be creating all the tools he is? Why would bartvbl have had some much trouble with the audio and it took me coming along a year and a half later to break it? Why would have jmmb created the jam extractor and Cyrem working on the lr2/dr gtc?

We wouldn't. These games would have been modded years ago and we would know everything we can/cannot do just like lrr.

*goes and adds this to my list*

• 10 months later...

LEGO Media should have finished these shortcuts...Basil and Gypsy Moth would have been much easier to beat when I was younger...I still have troubles beating them today.

LEGO Media should have finished these shortcuts...Basil and Gypsy Moth would have been much easier to beat when I was younger...I still have troubles beating them today.

Please read the other posts on this topic. The shortcuts were not left unfinished, they were removed and these are the leftover pieces from the removal.

Yes. Probably should have worded better...one of my many flaws is not thinking before speaking. My political views certainly earn me a bad rep where I'm at because I rant a lot. What I mean was, the shortcuts should not have been scrapped before 100% completion.

What I mean was, the shortcuts should not have been scrapped before 100% completion.

The only reason they were cut is due the fact it gave the player a huge advantage over the AI.

Yeah...that would have been good for younger people though, people who find Basil and Gypsy to be really tough (and they are - you don't get a boost start, you are SCREWED).

So far, that seems pretty close to improbable (however, it MIGHT be possible), seeing as the came uses complex and modified formats of simple formats we use every day (BMP). Not to mention the TUN files.

• 1 month later...

can someone look hero? 

Faster than a speeding whale!
More powerful than a charging whale!
Able to smash tall buildings in a single bound!
The amazing creature from Planet U, Superwhale!

Oh, er... the image? What's odd about it?

The wall between the main castle and the more rounded tower bit is really awkward, it lacks the gray battlements normally seen on top of the castle walls in the track and is just generally weird looking. The size and location of it seems about right for a shortcut... But where might the exit have been, if this is yet another dummied out shortcut?

Looking at the track in the GBD viewer, there are no hidden/unused power bricks of any kind. We can also rule out those last two screenshots you posted - that just simply wouldn't work, try tracing it out on a map of the track and you'll see why. The only exit I could really see working would be somewhere around the area in the first screenshot.

Either that, or this is just a case of the 3D artist slightly messing up and there was no shortcut whatsoever. :P

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.