Pirate Skull Pass Shortcut Revealed!

LegoEssence

Maybe. But we cannot mod the tracks yet as origamiguy hasn't written a convertor. Whenever he gets around it it, we just might be able to add back this and the Knightmare-Athon shortcuts.

Now wait a moment. They put these things in the block these shortcuts off but removing them to get to the shortcuts might have some problems. Like what it they removed those segments of the track that make up those shortcuts? You would drive into them thinking you could use them and fall off the map.

Now wait a moment. They put these things in the block these shortcuts off but removing them to get to the shortcuts might have some problems. Like what it they removed those segments of the track that make up those shortcuts? You would drive into them thinking you could use them and fall off the map.

Which is exactly why they blocked it off.

Wait you actually agreed with me? I didn't expect that at all.

Wait you actually agreed with me? I didn't expect that at all.

You didn't expect him to agree with an obvious fact?

They were blocked because they didn't want those shortcuts anymore regardless of whether the geometry was still there for them. If the geometry was removed, you'd fall off the map... or at least float on a plane(no not the winged one) depending on how the game was written.

True, there doesn't seem to be anything there anymore besides the blocks. Now if we were able to actually re-make the shortcuts ourselves...

If the geometry was removed, you'd fall off the map... or at least float on a plane(no not the winged one) depending on how the game was written.

You'd fall through the map. I know it's got horizontal out-of-bounds detection which spawns you back on the track if you leave the area, but I'm not sure if it has any vertical out-of-bounds detection.

If the geometry was removed, you'd fall off the map... or at least float on a plane(no not the winged one) depending on how the game was written.

You'd fall through the map. I know it's got horizontal out-of-bounds detection which spawns you back on the track if you leave the area, but I'm not sure if it has any vertical out-of-bounds detection.

Is there a way to check what detection methods the game uses?

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Looking at the evidence for the removed short-cut, it seems to have been removed due to time constraints, since it has little planned beyond pointless power ups.

Also, thanks to the Cutting Room Floor, I'm now irritated at the misuse of the word "beta" >_>

It does have vertical out-of-bounds detection. Go watch the video in the first post starting at 1:25.

I don't have lego Racer, but where can I find the cut Knightmare-Athon shortcuts?

If by find them in-game, you won't unless you have a copy of the game, extract the JAM, get the GDB Viewer and enable the power-ups, and checkpoints, and view the Knightmare-Athon track. But since you don't have a copy, you can watch my video on it:

http://youtu.be/IcQBamdTANo

Or if by find them you mean actually race in the shortcuts, you can't. They were removed in the beta, and there is not (and probably never will be) a beta for fans to play. And added them in with modding may be impossible, thanks to how the game is coded.

I'll say that. But the thing is, that video is from a 2001 version, and that version removed the running-without-JAM development feature, among other things. If they were removing development stuff, you think they would have removed the checkpoints and power-ups too, but they didn't, just as they did with Pirate Skull Pass (which is the topic of this topic):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_GxFOpgOb0

• Like 1

Yeah and guess what, even the 1999 version has the checkpoints and powerups still there. I checked it with origamiguy's viewer. I agree with you, i think that they should have removed this but diddn't for some reason. Must have been lazy. :af:

Mr. Eight-Three-One

It was probably a last-minute decision, while the game was in its beta stage (the one where they do all the last-minute testing before releasing it). Several prototype shots show that it got very close to complete before it was scrapped. Thus, they probably lost the time to take out everything, and they didn't really feel like fiddling with it. I doubt the guys who reissued the game in 2001 felt like fooling with it again, so they just didn't bother.

Besides, none of us would have even known the checkpoints existed had it not been for modding. That's not something you're supposed to know even exists.

true. But I would have removed it if I would have made the game. But I wold have also made it easier to mod things. :P Because modding is auesome! :lol:

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Go back to the year 1999 and try to tell one of the developers that a bunch of teenagers will uncover everything a decade later, so they should make it easy to mod. Then tell me the kind of response you get.

HAAAAAHAAAHAHAHA! :0 Thats funny! :cry:o) Yeah i guess your right, it's a nice thought but it will never happen. But I think that it's better to work for our modding. :E

Some developers give out development kits so that people that play their games can mod them easily. It's good for the developer because more people are likely to buy the game if they know they can make their own fun with it.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.