What Is Better Power Miners Or Rock Raiders ?

fun

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is better

• Power Miners
    • Rock Raiders
    • Rock Raiders duh power miners suck
    • Do not care
    • Power miners duh rock raiders suck
    • i like both of them
    • Power Miners is crap Rock raiders rock
    • there both crap
    • ???? What

It's funny how all the hundreds of polls on this site are about Rock Raiders vs Power Miners, instead of Rock Raiders... actually, any other LEGO theme vs any other theme. Is there some label around here saying that there's a war here between Rock Raiders fans and Power Miners fans? I just don't get it.

It's funny how all the hundreds of polls on this site are about Rock Raiders vs Power Miners, instead of Rock Raiders... actually, any other LEGO theme vs any other theme. Is there some label around here saying that there's a war here between Rock Raiders fans and Power Miners fans? I just don't get it.

Whenever there's two or more similar franchises/electronic devices/restaurants/bags of chips/video games/empty bottles of soy sauce out there that are aimed at the same target demographic, people are going to fight about it. Rock Raiders vs Power Miners is exactly the same as Ford vs Chevy, Firefox vs Chrome, PCs vs Macs, Lamborghini vs Ferrari (I side with Gumpert), MW3 vs Battlefield 2, Pokemon vs Yu-Gi-Oh, McDonalds vs Burger King, F-Zero vs Wipeout, Nintendo vs Sony vs Microsoft, and Traxxas vs hpi.

Just roll your eyes and ignore these things, they'll keep popping up and dying, like slime algae in an aquarium with no dissolved phosphate.

Very instresting that this topic comes up now. My brother and I are doing a LP of LEGO Indiana Jones 2 for PC, and this same subject somehow came up. I said that "Rock Raiders is probably better than Power Miners." After I said that, I corrected myself and said that I was going to get a lecture from some LEGO person on how RR is waaaay better than Power Miners. Good thing that video is not live yet (none of them are actually), so I can't get one yet.

Oh wait. I just quoted myself on a Rock Raiders forum. *faceslap* That means I'm going to get one now... :P

QUICK, I'M GONNA MAKE AN ADVENTURERS VS PHARAOH'S QUEST POLL!

/troll

Anyways, RR is COMPLETELY different from PM. Sure, they both have Energy Crystals and Rock Monster/Goblins and drills and crap, but what it's really all about is the creativity of the themes. RR had plenty of that, with a bunch of spin-offs, a video game, some other video game cameos, and this site.

Does Power Miners have that? No, all it has is some weak cameos in some weaker modern LEGO games and movies (I wince at the thought of Clutch Powers).

While Power Miners is made with more modern bricks, Rock Raiders has stood up to the test of time, and even has a somewhat followable story (a rarity in LEGO's terms.)

• 5 months later...

Allowing RRs to walk into the lava is also fun abuse, isnt it?

Anyways cant people just live with both of these series and whats so wrong with power miners? I mean they both have a good story and sets/parts. If you dont like eaither Pm or RR than dont buy them. Buy the one you like.

How about make a poll like Star Wars versus Rock raiders. That will be a better poll than PM v.s RR as it will be a new poll that wasnt made before.

I have sets from both of these series and am not disappointed in earthier of these 2 series sets(only disjointed at their expensive prices).

oops didnt notice the date.

Anyways cant people just live with both of these series and whats so wrong with power miners? I mean they both have a good story and sets/parts. If you dont like eaither Pm or RR than dont buy them. Buy the one you like.

GOOD STORY? ARE YOU s***ING ME?

LegoRR sets are hard to come by more than 10 years after it got canned...

How about make a poll like Star Wars versus Rock raiders. That will be a better poll than PM v.s RR as it will be a new poll that wasnt made before.

Stop it with your stupid Star Wars lust. No-one cares. This is a site about LegoRR, not Star Wars.

oops didnt notice the date.

Oops indeed.

It's never been made before because they have nothing to do with each other

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I remember back before we had 100 members we used to do this poll.

Yeah, fun times. We actually had a pretty good discussion of the good and bad differences between the two themes in that topic. Much different than the criticism in Fun's revival here.

The Ace Railgun

Ok seriously I agree with Mcjobless here don't infect us with idiocy although it'll probably just speared faster now that I posted this but still this is the same as a brony anti-brony war only with less bloodshed and more plastic shed(s)...

Ok seriously I agree with Mcjobless here don't infect us with idiocy although it'll probably just speared faster now that I posted this but still this is the same as a brony anti-brony war only with less bloodshed and more plastic shed(s)...

This was over a year ago. Fun isn't active much anymore, and when he is he just posts maps or status updates. And it's not like that exactly, because previous topics have shown we can have a good discussion about this subject. The rage here is because we've already had that discussion, and because the topic is extremely poorly made.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, yes.  This poll.  Coming from a forum where polls are completely anonymous, I did not hesitate to choose a silly answer that was an obvious exaggeration of my true feelings.  However, I see things are a little... different here, and you can see who voted what.  Now, everyone can see that I voted "Rock Raiders, duh, Power Miners suck", which is a laughably immature answer that I chose only because I thought it was silly and I would be anonymous.  Since I'm not anonymous, I do feel it is necessary to explain that my true feelings towards Power Miners aren't so immature.

Instead, I feel that, design-wise, the Power Miners sets are much better than Rock Raiders.  Yes, I prefer the sci-fi futuristic style of Rock Raiders, but as a LEGO fan, I cannot ignore the fact that Rock Raiders sets consist primarily of big, chunky, specialized pieces that do not leave much room for a truly engaging building experience... in other words, Rock Raiders is "juniorized".  Power Miners, on the other hand, was released ten years later, and it definitely shows.  Compare the build of, say, the Chrome Crusher to the Thunder Driller; the Chrome Crusher is basically cockpit, rollcage, drill, laser, four wheels, and some other bricks slapped on a chassis, whereas the Thunder Driller uses much more versatile LEGO elements and even includes gear functions.  While, again, I prefer the color scheme of Rock Raiders, Power Miners uses its colors in a much more streamlined fashion while Rock Raiders seemed to almost haphazardly throw in tons of different colors.  Power Miners has other things I like as well.  Multiple sizes of Rock Monsters (ranging from Rock Goblins to Crystal Kings), Lava Monsters, Energy Crystals of all colors... things that would appeal to a Rock Raiders fan such as myself.

But, at the end of the day, I still prefer Rock Raiders.  As mentioned before, I enjoy the more futuristic designs of Rock Raiders vehicles, and the grey and teal color scheme looks much cooler in my opinion than the lime and orange color scheme of Power Miners.  I also find that the characters in Power Miners are far less memorable than those of Rock Raiders; while they were given bios on the official website, they always seemed generic and interchangeable in comics and other media.  The goofy depiction of the Rock Goblins (toilet humor and all) did not appeal to me, and while their concept art looks awesome (seriously, that concept art resembles the mental image I had when first hearing that Power Miners Rock Monsters would be a blend of rock and crystal), there was something about the physical appearances of Rock Trolls in the final products that made them look just plain odd to me.  Personally, I also prefer the Rock Raiders storyline over that of the Power Miners; while "stopping Rock Monsters from creating earthquakes and destroying the planet" should have been engaging, I think the combination of unmemorable characters and goofy antagonists made it hard to feel like there was anything to invest yourself in.  And, of course, there's the Rock Raiders PC game, the very game that this forum is founded on, and Power Miners had no contender with that.

So, at the end of the day, even though I acknowledge that Power Miners has far superior set designs and is a decent theme in its own right, I'll still personally prefer Rock Raiders.  However, Power Miners does not "suck", and if you prefer Power Miners, I'm happy for you.  Much of the above paragraph, after all, is based upon my mere opinions rather than actual hard facts.  It's just my opinion, and my opinion is that Rock Raiders is better than Power Miners.

Why?

I might as well ask whether Pirates is better than Life on Mars.

Well, CITY Mining is mining, it is almost related to Power Miners (except for the Rock Monsters and that all Energy Crystals are made from Gold).

• 1 year later...

I love both, but I prefer LEGO Power Miners.

Rock Monster. I'm going to assume you're both young and new, so I'll try and be a bit gentle with this.

For whatever reason, you keep going through the very, very old topics (some are more than 3 years old, this one is one year old) that have been completely shut down, and you manage to bump these for reasons unknown to me or anybody else, with very little content.

At RRU, we frown upon bumping without some kind of important purpose. For example, you might bump a topic for a mod if you add some progress to it later down the track. Bumping all of the topics with "Power Miners" in it is not an important purpose. Really, you should have started a new topic to show your opinion, and then given us points for and against why you think Power Miners is better.

I don't care if you like Power Miners or Rock Raiders more. I just don't want old topics that have been forgotten to suddenly be bumped, pushing back new, active topics with discussion that might be slightly more important.

In future, please look at the time and date of the last post, and if it's more than a few weeks, unless you have something REALLY important to say, leave the topic without posting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.