The Issue With Lego Island 3

Lair

So IXS won't run on my computer(s). The only one it works on is a Windows XP Desktop that's slow as frost. I want to get it to work on my Windows 7 machine (compatibility fails me). I thought dual boot, but then I wondered: is it Win7 it hates, or my computer itself? Can anyone else run it on 7 and if so what's your computer stuff?

JrMasterModelBuilder

I don't own the game, but here's some ideas:

At one point, Cyrem posted how the game can be player discless. You could try that (fixed LEGO Racers for me). If I remember right, it involved editing the shortcut to find the folders on the CD it loads files from, copying those folders to the hard drive (somewhere like the program folder) and changing those paths in the shortcut.

Speed up your Windows XP machine by disabling any services, scheduled tasks, and unused network connections (if you haven't done so already).

Also, exactly how doesn't it work? Any errors or does it just crash?

1. At one point, Cyrem posted how the game can be player discless. You could try that (fixed LEGO Racers for me). If I remember right, it involved editing the shortcut to find the folders on the CD it loads files from, copying those folders to the hard drive (somewhere like the program folder) and changing those paths in the shortcut.

2. Speed up your Windows XP machine by disabling any services, scheduled tasks, and unused network connections (if you haven't done so already).

3. Also, exactly how doesn't it work? Any errors or does it just crash?

1. Ok, I'll look for that.

2. Uh... I can't, this XP machine is terrible and nothing fixes it, and it's uncomfortable to sit at and can't be transported.

3. Just what I said: It freezes on the main loading screen and doesn't start the game.

At one point, Cyrem posted how the game can be player discless. You could try that (fixed LEGO Racers for me). If I remember right, it involved editing the shortcut to find the folders on the CD it loads files from, copying those folders to the hard drive (somewhere like the program folder) and changing those paths in the shortcut.

It didn't work. Can anyone help please?

Fluffy Cupcake

Ah, I see you get the same problem I have. I have Vista, and it freezes for me as well. (though I did try it on a W7 as well, so don't go tell me it's just because I'm using Vista.)

Btw, you might want to change the 3 in the title to the actual game name, because some might get it confused with the fangame called Lego Island 3.

Ah, I see you get the same problem I have. I have Vista, and it freezes for me as well. (though I did try it on a W7 as well, so don't go tell me it's just because I'm using Vista.)

It's just because you're on vista.

Windows 7 is much, MUCH worse with this game, believe it or not.

My bro actually got it to sorta work on his W7, the problem is it crashes after playing for a few minutes.

HOW did he get it to work?

• 10 months later...

lol the title says it is Lego Island 3. Mind blown. Never would thought of that, 3rd LI game. I AM BEING SARCASTIC, AND I STOLE YOUR FACE.

I have it and the No CD "Patch" (lol) works perfectly.

Still there is one issue for me though,

GAHHH It won't load the save I made, It loads perfect when you save and load it while still running it, after I close it and go again, and then I load it, the game crashes when Pepper appears, HELP!!

lol the title says it is Lego Island 3. Mind blown. Never would thought of that, 3rd LI game. I AM BEING SARCASTIC, AND I STOLE YOUR FACE.

this is how not to make a post

this is how not to make a post

Thanks, pal.

Fluffy Cupcake

My bro actually got it to sorta work on his W7, the problem is it crashes after playing for a few minutes.

HOW did he get it to work?

Well, I finally got that far myself (as I have W7 now, and did for a while, just never tried). I used the troubleshoot compatibility tool on Game.exe.

Btw, you might want to change the 3 in the title to the actual game name, because some might get it confused with the fangame called Lego Island 3.

Yeah, I got confused too. I mean, how could a person NOT get confused by the title. Or for the matter, have problems with that game...

Yeah, I got confused too. I mean, how could a person NOT get confused by the title. Or for the matter, have problems with that game...

It's the third LEGO Island game. Even if you view it as its own series and say they could make an Island Xtreme Stunts 2, it's still the third game to feature LEGO Island. It's not like they ever made another entry.

• 1 month later...

So IXS won't run on my computer(s). The only one it works on is a Windows XP Desktop that's slow as frost. I want to get it to work on my Windows 7 machine (compatibility fails me). I thought dual boot, but then I wondered: is it Win7 it hates, or my computer itself? Can anyone else run it on 7 and if so what's your computer stuff?

Try doing the No-Cd trick and put it in 98 compatibiliy and run with admin rights. :infomaniac:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.