• Small spider
    • Bat
    • RockMonster
    • IceMonster
    • LavaMonster
    • SlimySlug
    • Hate them all
    • ???? huh

For me it,s Slimy slugs those things are so annoying they drain your Energy :rf: :rf: and they are non stop on back to basics and even worse no recharge seam on back basics. they are hard to kill they cant get hit by the electric fence unless we modded it so they can be hit by it sonic blaster do not even help one bit GRRRRRRR :rf: :rf: :rf: so which one do you hate the most have fun :)

Bats, because you can't get rid of them.

This. I don't see the issue with spiders (which are really stupid in the first level however) and slugs because at least those die and don't scare Raiders. Bats are just stupid stupid stupid stupid...

The Brigadier

It's between Small Spiders and Bats for me. But, you can't get rid of bats; at least Spiders die when a Raider steps on one. Although, I've found that bats are attracted to noise. Mabye putting down some Sonic Blasters in a deserted cavern would lure them away. Hmm...

Bats definitely!

Because during one mission, my rock raiders somehow managed to get stuck at a bottleneck with bats that do not leave. So they kept on picking up and dropping the ECs at the exact same spot since those darn bats wouldn't leave. I was half-crying half-laughing....

I think that it is very strange how most people hate bats rather then slimy slugs but you do have a point folks bats can be very annoying.

I think that it is very strange how most people hate bats rather then slimy slugs but you do have a point folks bats can be very annoying.

Slimy Slugs are a real enemy and meant for challenge, bats are just annoying.

I've failed countless missions from bats

Going to have to kill them myself... :whistle:

well i know this may be ironic but try this

Change  CanScare From   TRUE to FALSE

Should look like this Bat {

Levels	1

RouteSpeed   1.0

TrackDist   10.0

CollRadius   10.0

AlertRadius   10.0   ; Alert radius (causes attack mode)

RandomMove   TRUE

;	 GrabMinifigure   TRUE

randomMoveTime  10

CanScare   FALSE

In the CFG File

The Brigadier

I've failed countless missions from bats

Going to have to kill them myself... :whistle:

well i know this may be ironic but try this

Change  CanScare From   TRUE to FALSE

Should look like this Bat {

Levels	1

RouteSpeed   1.0

TrackDist   10.0

CollRadius   10.0

AlertRadius   10.0   ; Alert radius (causes attack mode)

RandomMove   TRUE

;	 GrabMinifigure   TRUE

randomMoveTime  10

CanScare   FALSE

In the CFG File

Been there, done that. Also stopped Small Spiders.

All hail the Wad Tool and PSPad. ;P

The Brigadier

All hail the Wad Tool and Notepad.

Repaired for you, my maximizing friend.

also lol @ captrex

Erm. No. Notepad is crappy and featureless. ;P

All hail the Wad Tool and Notepad.

Repaired for you, my maximizing friend.

also lol @ captrex

Erm. No. Notepad is crappy and featureless.

I think you mean PSPad is crappy. It's big and ugly and confusing. Notepad is nice and simple and gets the job done right. No crappyness there.

DDI used Notepad while developing LRR, so it's really the choice tool for modding the game :P

My most hated creature is the Slimy Slug because it's impossible to make it look scary:

The Brigadier

DDI used Notepad while developing LRR, so it's really the choice tool for modding the game :P

My most hated creature is the Slimy Slug because it's impossible to make it look scary:

gallery_27_60_20337.png

That's pretty scary.

It's like creepypasta Slimy Slugs :0

The Brigadier

I think you mean PSPad is crappy. It's big and ugly and confusing. Notepad is nice and simple and gets the job done right. No crappyness there.

Notepad might be tidier, but it doesn't have a nifty search feature like PSPad. Just saves you scrolling down millions of lines. I find it easier.

Plus there's the HEX Edit Mode. Yes, it's used sparingly, but it's there.

And at the risk of going even more off topic... :lol:

Cireedit: No search feature? Press Ctrl+F. Unless your definition of "search" is different from "jump to the next instance of the string you inputted", Notepad still works fine.

Edited by Cirevam

For me, it's the small spider. Bats aren't too much of an issue unless they randomly wander into the area you're working in (and they eat small spiders in the background text), Monsters aren't a threat, and Slimey Slugs can be dealt with much easier than you'd expect (Sonic Charges, anyone?).

The small spider (which looks to be bigger than a bird-eating spider, so small is only a reletive term), on the other hand, gets in the way, can be found behind almost every wall you drill, causes serious delays, and can't be fought off. Oh, did I mention they're behind almost every wall you drill?

It's bad enough that on some missions you're stuck to a strict time limit until you get a support station built, now you have things that make that time limit even shorter.

Sonic Charges, anyone?

Oh, you mean those useless things that are only used in the training mission and never touched again because they don't work/crash the game? I remember those...

Also, spiders die off pretty quickly. Bats are there forever D8

Notepad might be tidier, but it doesn't have a nifty search feature like PSPad. Just saves you scrolling down millions of lines. I find it easier.

I think you should actually know about the other product before saying something else is better than it :|

Oh, you mean those useless things that are only used in the training mission and never touched again because they don't work/crash the game? I remember those...

Also, spiders die off pretty quickly. Bats are there forever D8

An interesting thing about those is that if the slugs are already feeding they don't care about charges. You have to use them before they reach your base. As for the crashes, well, I admit I never ran into that. Maybe some of the later releases fixed them for the NT kernal?

An interesting thing about those is that if the slugs are already feeding they don't care about charges. You have to use them before they reach your base. As for the crashes, well, I admit I never ran into that. Maybe some of the later releases fixed them for the NT kernal?

Actually, for almost my entire RR life, I've never experienced a sonic blaster crash. The only times it happened for me was on a laptop with an ATI Radeon grpahics card.

[/blarg]

The Brigadier

Now this is very interesting no one seams to have any thing to say about the 3 Monster types which is wacko .

Monsters are almost completely handled by the game's AI with a single click of Action Stations, and are no threat whatsoever as long as you put up Electric Fences. That's probably why no-one hates them. They're just too easy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.