LEGO Racers 1 Textures

RocketRacer

I was messing with an old N64 emulator i had and loaded LEGO Racers 1. The one i have doesnt work right, lots of bugs and glitches. But after messing with it i found out some cool stuff. I didnt spend much time but i did see some of the textures used in the game, here:

I could have spent more time finding more stuff, but this is just an example.

I ripped some textures out of the N64 game, which I uploaded here: https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/LR1TexRipSamples_974125.zip

Edit: Fixed link.

" I doubt they would help much with research, but they're neat nonetheless."

These will be incredibly valuable in my quest to figure out the compression. Much appreciated.

• 1 year later...

I ripped some textures out of the N64 game, which I uploaded here: http://rrubucket.s3....ples_974125.zip
Should I rip textures from the rest of the tracks on the N64? Or is there not much point in that because the PC version is (possibly) different?

They are different. I can rip the PC textures, I just haven't got around to going throught them one by one.

Well, how do you rip the PC ones? Perhaps I can get around to doing that instead.

To do it I used 3D Ripper DX, convert the DDS files, flip the texure, then figure out which files they are in the game. It's a somewhat slow process since I have to run the game many times, I probably spent an hour or so on the TEST track.

Tada! ;)

Fluffy Cupcake

..I gave that a try yesterday without even know that was how he did it. Though it didn't work for me, nothing ripped. D:

Also, I'm using version 1.8 and not 1.8.2, as well as using global system monitoring (with UAC disabled... because it requires to do that when doing that), because any other way it crashes otherwise before it even gets to the menu.

Also, I'm using version 1.8 and not 1.8.2

Well there's your problem! 1.8 added basic DX6 support and doesn't work, 1.8.1 works to a point, and 1.8.2 works correctly. ;)

Fluffy Cupcake

:|, any idea why 1.8.2 doesn't work for me? When the game crashes it doesn't tell me any reason why other than it stopped working, so no help there. Don't know if it means anything but I'm using Win 7, 32-bit (x86). Also, I don't know if using the 98 or 2001 version makes a difference, I believe I have 2001 version.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.