Photo

Extreme110's Traveller's Tales Game Research Blog

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

McJobless

I was never able to crack the .ghg format. Somebody else did on Xentax, but they never released their work to the public.

That's quite frustrating, but you might be able to find a .dds ripper or injector?

Sluicer

Sluicer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

So does that mean that the .dds files are actually inside the .ghg files?

Yes, they are included in the .ghg files. In the *pc.ghg files they use in the 'The Complete Saga' the .dds files are stored at the beginning of the files. I can imagine, that it is possible to exchange them, but I do not know if there are checksum or somthing like that. Best would be to create a .dds file with the same size and the same mipmap count etc., replace the content in the .ghg file and give it I try. I can not do that currently, I have no running installation.

Btw, i used the .ghg files to create the meshes for soccer mania :satisfied: (http://www.rockraide...bk/#entry107385).

bartvbl

bartvbl

g33k

• Platinum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

So does that mean that the .dds files are actually inside the .ghg files?

Yes, they are included in the .ghg files. In the *pc.ghg files they use in the 'The Complete Saga' the .dds files are stored at the beginning of the files. I can imagine, that it is possible to exchange them, but I do not know if there are checksum or somthing like that. Best would be to create a .dds file with the same size and the same mipmap count etc., replace the content in the .ghg file and give it I try. I can not do that currently, I have no running installation.

Btw, i used the .ghg files to create the meshes for soccer mania :satisfied: (http://www.rockraide...bk/#entry107385).

I can imagine there being some sort of offset defining where the mesh content of the file starts somewhere in the header.

Sluicer

Sluicer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
I can imagine there being some sort of offset defining where the mesh content of the file starts somewhere in the header.

The first 4 bytes represent an integer (little endian) that is the size of an area that contains the textures, the vertex lists and the indices. I did neither found an absolute nor a relative offset to the beginning of the vertex lists. So you have to run through all textures, before you reach the interesting data.

The next 2 bytes are something like the numberOfTextures (sometimes there are less).

foreach numberOfTextures:
    int height;
    int width;
    byte[12] meta; // I ignore them
    int sizeOfDds;
    byte[sizeOfDDS] ddsFile;

The next 2 bytes are something like the numberOfVertexLists

foreach numberOfVertexLists
    int sizeOfVertexList;
    byte[sizeOfVertexList] VertexList;

The next 2 bytes are something like the numberOfIndixLists

foreach numberOfIndixLists
    int sizeOfIndexList;
    byte[sizeOfIndexList] VertexList; // The values are short

And so on. Maybe more later.

Windows98

Windows98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Well to be honest, I wouldn't mind some custom models if and when the ghg format is cracked.

Also I was wondering how to change the character icons (they are in GSC files).

But I would rather figure out the ghg textures before anything.

Sluicer

Sluicer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

But I would rather figure out the ghg textures before anything.

So, if I get it right you are looking for a tool to extract the textures out of the ghg and gsc files? Give me a day or two. I have to root throught my archives.

Sluicer

Sluicer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Here is the tool: http://oresome.rockr...com/download/76

It should extract the images from the pc.ghg files of the game LEGO Star Wars The complete Saga.

I hope it works.

Sluicer

Sluicer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

And here is a new version of the tool: http://oresome.rockr...com/download/88

This version extracts the images and converts the contained meshes into .obj files (only positions - no normals or uv map) from the pc.ghg files of the game LEGO Star Wars The complete Saga.

You will get a file that contains all meshes and one separat file for each single mesh.

I hope it works.

Windows98

Windows98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Thanks, that's really helpful. But what can I do to replace the ingame textures? Like, is there a way to re-insert them into the .ghg file?