Extreme110's Traveller's Tales Game Research Blog

McJobless

On 18.11.2014 at 0:39 AM, Sluicer said:

And here is a new version of the tool: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/88

This version extracts the images and converts the contained meshes into .obj files (only positions - no normals or uv map) from the pc.ghg files of the game LEGO Star Wars The complete Saga.

You will get a file that contains all meshes and one separat file for each single mesh.

I hope it works.

Hi. I want to use yo tool , but there is no list of comand, how to use it. Can you help me please, i want to extrct mesh *.obj from this game

Anyway i found how to export, but thi is real mess. I exported darth vader helmet from gungun directory. Is anyway how to find right files?

2 hours ago, Angmarec said:

Hi. I want to use yo tool , but there is no list of comand, how to use it. Can you help me please, i want to extrct mesh *.obj from this game

Anyway i found how to export, but thi is real mess. I exported darth vader helmet from gungun directory. Is anyway how to find right files?

I used drag and drop.

I do not know why you are looking for a darth vader helmet in a gungan directory (at least I think you ment gungan), but I used the file DARTHVADER_PC.GHG from the folder [...]\CHARS\DARTHVADER\. The result of the tool were 39 files with single parts and 1 file with all parts together. In the 30th file (DARTHVADER_PC0029.obj) there is the helmet:

7Z8NgZn.png

In some files legs and arms (for example) seems to be mixed, but I do not know why. Maybe there is a assignment I did not found or some confusing reason. But the helmet is availabe as single mesh.

I found the problem. Script unpack archive wrong, and mixed up there everything. So left one quastion, is there any tool to convert models from Harry Potter to *.obg?

You obviously did not read the post he linked to. It says right there the tool ONLY works with star wars TCS and batman 1. Any other games, including Harry Potter, will not work.

• Like 1

On 28.12.2015 at 0:06 AM, Fushigisaur said:

You obviously did not read the post he linked to. It says right there the tool ONLY works with star wars TCS and batman 1. Any other games, including Harry Potter, will not work.

I think this is my fault but in the post I wanted to say that the noesis script is only for TCS and Batman 1. But there are three tools, that can handle files from almost all tt games depending on their file extention.

So Angmarec got it right.

On 5.12.2015 at 1:38 AM, Sluicer said:

This script is only for LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga and the first Batman game.

The ExtractPcGhg Tool is only for *pc.ghg files.

The ExtractNxgMesh Tool is for *nxg.gsc and *nxg.ghg files.

The ExtractDx11Mesh Tool is for *dx11.gsc and *dx11.ghg files.

All tools do not cover everything. So you have to inform me, when you detect a file that is not working.

I already experimented with lego worlds a bit, but I have no access to Lego Dimensions.

And he found a file that is not working. I tested it. So I have to fix the tool. Looks like it has a problem with a counter (due to additional relative vertex-lists).

I will investigate.

Update: Here is a new version: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/305

It should be able to handle many more files from the requested games.

Fluffy Cupcake

Heads up to all, the current version of QuickBMS (0.7.2) breaks the ttgames script (and reportedly others), so use 0.7.1 or older for the time being. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Xiron said:

Heads up to all, the current version of QuickBMS (0.7.2) breaks the ttgames script (and reportedly others), so use 0.7.1 or older for the time being. :thumbsup:

I?ve already reported the issue to the Author of QuickBms he says he will release a new version with this bugfix

bye

Cris

• 10 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Models are ghg files and for some games can be extracted using this (this doesn't work on some of the newer games, you'll have to use Ninja Ripper for those)

The textures I believe are the .tex files and can be opened by some image editor programs just by renaming the .tex  extension to .dds.

• 2 weeks later...

I extracted several games, but noesis doesn't open any  file, what is all I have to do with it? What is the script I need? Or can I find another programm?

Fluffy Cupcake

The script I linked is the only script you need.

An alternate method to using the ghg script in noesis is to use NinjaRipper along with the noesis script provided with it to view/converter the .rip files it produces. You'll have to do a bit of fiddling around with NRipper to get it ripping though, especially if it is a Steam game. Some games require you to run NRipper as admin, some don't. Some require the x64 version of the program, while some are content with x86, and then there is the different injection methods you have to try.

Edit: This was my 5000th post, weeeeee.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.