Arthuriel

1:1 scale LMS Explorer (with file download)

138 posts in this topic

it would take ages to integrate it into the LeoCAD or MLCAD files (the LeoCAD files are slow or unloadable and I hate the MLCAD controls (maybe I'm just too stupid xD))

Maybe you should try one of the other alternatives... I'm currently using SR 3D Builder (I love how snappy it is), but there's also Bricksmith, LDCad and Konstruktor. Go try them all!

Good idea with using different programs. I think, that I even tried to use the SR 3D Builder, but it didn't really load (I guess, that it was a runtime error). Maybe/hopefully the other alternatives are better.

now i know that bricks are not as tall as they are long / wide

but no idea which way you got the lenght in bricks

so lets say a normal human is 180 cm

and a LEGO minifig is to scale, a minifig is 4 bricks tall

a brick is 9,6 mm tall, 9,6 x 4 = 38,4 mm

38,7 / 10 = 3,84 cm

180 / 3,84 = 46,875 cm per brick

46,875 x 975 = 45.703,125 cm / 100 = 457,03125 m  long

46,875 x 134 = 6.281,25 cm / 100 = 62,8125 m  wide

46,875 x 133 = 6.234,375 cm / 100 = 62,34375 m  tall

so a tad bigger then the largest carriers we have currently

its rough numbers, but best i can do with current information 

so yeah time to make this in Space Engineers

also i cant get the file to load

not with LDD and not with LeoCAD

Wow, a post after such a long time :D.

I think, that some user (I think, it was Tracker) also calculated the possible size of an actual spaceship and it was in the same area if I remember it correctly.

There were also discussions, if those calculations even make sense because there isn't really a reference in that game etc.

I got the ship's dimensions via an option in MLCAD, that shows you the length, width and heigth of the model.

The downloaded file actually works in LeoCAD (I tested it to make sure about that). The solution to your problem: just scroll into the model. After a while (a few seconds) you should see the ship since there is a view limit in that program (you can't see stuff beyond that limit). Why is that the case? I don't know.

If that doesn't work: Just wait. I remember that the loading times were ~1 hour (I don't know the exact number anymore) with an older computer and a hdd. Even the switch to a ssd brought it down to under a minute and with a faster computer it is only few seconds.

16 hours ago, Arthuriel said:

Wow, a post after such a long time :D.

I think, that some user (I think, it was Tracker) also calculated the possible size of an actual spaceship and it was in the same area if I remember it correctly.

There were also discussions, if those calculations even make sense because there isn't really a reference in that game etc.

The downloaded file actually works in LeoCAD (I tested it to make sure about that). The solution to your problem: just scroll into the model. After a while (a few seconds) you should see the ship since there is a view limit in that program (you can't see stuff beyond that limit). Why is that the case? I don't know.

If that doesn't work: Just wait. I remember that the loading times were ~1 hour (I don't know the exact number anymore) with an older computer and a hdd. Even the switch to a ssd brought it down to under a minute and with a faster computer it is only few seconds.

well thanks

but yeah that it strange that there is a veiw limit

anyways, now to make it in space engineers

3 hours ago, kris220b said:

...now to make it in space engineers

I wish you the best of luck. I'm intrigued by what it'll look like in that game.

Just now, Ben24x7 said:

I wish you the best of luck. I'm intrigued by what it'll look like in that game.

ye

going to take a while

and more people 

if i can a hold of any

not planning to to do much interior

just the bridge and mayby that hangar / teleport room you see in the intro

and mayby the lab / reactor room you see at the ending

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Arthuriel said:

For some reason I remember your username from somewhere else, kris220b, but I don't know from where exactly.

btw: Someone asked for help for a possible L.M.S. Explorer project in Space Engineers in reddit (over) a year ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/2a14sb/ship_request_lms_explorer/

well im active on G+ and steam

and i make workshop content for space engineers

rining any bells?

Actually not sadly : /  (Maybe I will remember it one day).

1 minute ago, Arthuriel said:

Actually not sadly : /  (Maybe I will remember it one day).

also got the ship to show itself

so much zooming

and god the programme does not like it

And now you know, why the ship isn't finished^^ (I could do it one day, but the task isn't that exciting).

On 12/4/2016 at 8:09 PM, Arthuriel said:

And now you know, why the ship isn't finished^^ (I could do it one day, but the task isn't that exciting).

not like its much more exciting to do so in SE either