Rebuilt Rock Raiders Models + Other Errata

elrunethe2nd

elrunethe2nd
14 hours ago, aidenpons said:

I have absolutely no clue what most of these are made with or what you're planning to do with them...

... but they look nice l405G.jpg

Thank you kindly. They're made with Blender, a free 3D editing program. It's difficult for immediate gratification for people starting out, but pretty good and an appropriate choice for someone on a budget upgrading their tooling from simpler, worse tools like Milkshape.

As for why, well...

14 hours ago, The Ace Railgun said:

They do look nice, especially the lighting on the tool store.

Thank you kindly.

Today I imported and assembled the DDI Rock Monster. Not sure if it's what I want..

44hqqJ9.jpg

TheDiplomat
1 hour ago, elrunethe2nd said:

It's difficult for immediate gratification for people starting out, but pretty good and an appropriate choice for someone on a budget....

That might be the most accurate description of Blender I have seen yet. :P

Great work on all these models. The sheer speed at which you are creating these is enviable. For some constructive criticism, is there a reason the levers' stick portions so thin at where they fit into the bases? I only ask because everything else seems so realistic.

elrunethe2nd
16 hours ago, TheDiplomat said:

That might be the most accurate description of Blender I have seen yet. :P

Great work on all these models. The sheer speed at which you are creating these is enviable. For some constructive criticism, is there a reason the levers' stick portions so thin at where they fit into the bases? I only ask because everything else seems so realistic.

Thank you kindly. 

Blender's not the only swiss army knife you'll ever need in your life, but it has more tools then you could possibly want to ensure that your horses will never have things stuck in between their hooves.

As for my levers? Not particularly. The MK.1 Eyeball is a formidable weapon, but also sometimes makes mistakes. 

Here's my lever next to one from BrickOwl.

N9UngY2.png

Also, today, I made a Slimey Slug. 

T8qPMEz.jpg

• Like 4

aidenpons

Slimy Slug looks a bit thin... bit deprived of crystals maybe? l405G.jpg The body just seems a bit thin, but you've probably looked at them in more detail than I have - my detail was limited to 600x800 pixel cutscenes & zapping them with lasers (It's very fun to have one-hit-kill manual lasers & shoot them to bits).

elrunethe2nd
11 hours ago, aidenpons said:

Slimy Slug looks a bit thin... bit deprived of crystals maybe? l405G.jpg The body just seems a bit thin, but you've probably looked at them in more detail than I have - my detail was limited to 600x800 pixel cutscenes & zapping them with lasers (It's very fun to have one-hit-kill manual lasers & shoot them to bits).

It's thin compared to Lego's concepts and the videos, but proportional to the in-game model. I can make it fatter without much difficulty, though.

Today, transport truck.

oBVrEtp.jpg

• Like 3

elrunethe2nd

And the Rapid Rider. 

RuF2aXZ.jpg

PpsYoOe.png

I'm tidying up the thread after a request. After five years, it's a bit of a ruin. 

Also, as stated in the OP, I am still willing to share these on request. 

Edited by elrunethe2nd
Ready to be killed by the thrill!

aidenpons
16 hours ago, elrunethe2nd said:

And the Rapid Rider. 

<snip>

I'm tidying up the thread after a request. After five years, it's a bit of a ruin. 

Also, as stated in the OP, I am still willing to share these on request. 

porpoises

I didn't know you were a marine biologist teaching your pets tricks with lumps of plastic. Oh well...

It's thin compared to Lego's concepts and the videos, but proportional to the in-game model. I can make it fatter without much difficulty, though.

Ah yep, that'd make sense. I never looked at their in-game model much because I was too busy aiming for them l405G.jpg I always pictured the head being thinner than the body... but I never looked at them in all that much detail & you're probably right. l405G.jpg

Also, I don't really think anybody wants these because... well.. nobody has much of a use for them. l405G.jpg You may as well upload them to Oresome so they're not lost for the rest of time.

elrunethe2nd
On 5/3/2016 at 4:27 PM, aidenpons said:

Ah yep, that'd make sense. I never looked at their in-game model much because I was too busy aiming for them l405G.jpg I always pictured the head being thinner than the body... but I never looked at them in all that much detail & you're probably right. l405G.jpg

Also, I don't really think anybody wants these because... well.. nobody has much of a use for them. l405G.jpg You may as well upload them to Oresome so they're not lost for the rest of time.

I have a use for them..

Anyway. Finished this overdesigned useless thing.

BMZrtVQ.jpg

Old one's on the previous page if you want to compare.

• Like 2

aidenpons

Slightly too shiny... It's hard to tell behind the seat what's actually going on. Shadows, reflections, decals.... just too much.

IMAO.

• ShadowDraikana locked and unlocked this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.