Function Keys, Do They Have Settings?

JrMasterModelBuilder

JrMasterModelBuilder

So, I got a new laptop, and for the most part I love it. Faster, more powerful, you get the idea. The only trade-off is the key board. I found a way to emulate a number pad with AutoHotkey, but the F1-F12 keys act differently than they have on any other computer I have used, and it slows me down a bit. Basically, to get them to behave like regular F1-F12 keys, I have to hold down the fn (function) key. Otherwise, they are hotkeys for things like volume and screen brightness (thing I use way less than the regular useage). Since I've never encountered this before and Google results were very unrelated, does anyone know where such settings might be altered to say, require the fn key for the hotkey instead of the other way around? Unfortunately, I don't know how this is all handled.

JrMasterModelBuilder

Cool link! Maybe useful some day. After some more Googleing, I chanced upon the term "f lock" (a button also not present on my keyboard), but that term allowed me to find some docs on the manufacturer's website that told me how to invert that setting in the BIOS, and now I am happy with almost no complaints about my new laptop! :af:

I have a problem with the Explorer (a Inspiron 600m) that to most would be a little trouble to most since they don't use the affected component: The 9-pin COM. Since we are on a roll here with these "Little Things," and this won't be the last time someone will need a "repair" like these, I don't think this is worth a new topic. Here is the problem: it will not detect a Sypbotics cable. I have had the motherboard replaced and the system restored to no avail. To make matters worse, that COM port is the reason this model was chosen.

If it's not on the current topic and it hasn't been discussed before, it is worth a new topic. Buy a DB9-to-USB converter and make a new topic to discuss the problems you will inevitably have with it. That's not because of you, that's because I had a hard time getting one to work a few weeks ago.

Just trying to save space on the server.

There isn't a limit to how much space Cyrem uses as far as forum posts...and when posts get too old, they are "pruned" in some cases; the equivalent to deleting very old s*** you don't need any more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.