Mirrored Test Track

lol username

lol username

So, I copied all the files in the Test Track folder, and pasted them into the Rocket Racer Run folder (overwriting when asked), trying to replicate what Oboe Shoes did here. It kinda-sorta worked - the cars didn't sit in place like they did for Oboe Shoes, but instead flew around the track and through walls, following the path of Rocket Racer Run. But otherwise, it worked. Then I decided to try out the LNFRRRM cheat (to mirror the Rocket Racer Run track in Single Race mode), and got this:

gallery_61_52_63748.png

gallery_61_52_117725.png

gallery_61_52_106380.png

JrMasterModelBuilder

Lol, inverted text. :af:

So, I copied all the files in the Test Track folder, and pasted them into the Rocket Racer Run folder (overwriting when asked), trying to replicate what Oboe Shoes did here. It kinda-sorta worked - the cars didn't sit in place like they did for Oboe Shoes, but instead flew around the track and through walls, following the path of Rocket Racer Run. But otherwise, it worked. Then I decided to try out the LNFRRRM cheat (to mirror the Rocket Racer Run track in Single Race mode), and got this:

I bet if you were to delete the contents of the folder first, then paste the files in and rename the files matching the name of the old folder to match the new folder then they would stay put. It's probably still reading the old track path data.

Is that tire floating above his head?

I think it's just sitting on the ground.

Wait, so... it mirrors them in real-time? O_O

Also, yeah. I (after backing everything up of course) deleted the Rocket Racer Run folder, then copied/renamed the test track folder. It crashed and asked for a few files after that, so added only the ones it asked for back.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick little video.

Looks like the AI path is independent of the level data itself. AI modding, anyone (as soon as we can unravel the format)?

I tried that the best that I could a while back. I had not unlocked RR yet, so couldn't do it on that track, But, I was able to get Knightmare-athon to work on the test track. The racers were following their path from Knightmare-athon, but you could not see them unless you got your camera in a corner of a wall. Even then, you would have to be in a certain spot to see them.

I am thinking about trying this again, to see if I can repeat what Jamesster did.

Oh, I did figure something out about this. The track that you want the racers to follow must go in a circuit that is the first one in a race. (the first race of the game (can't think of the name right now), Knightmare-athon, and RR) If you put it in any other one, the game will crash. But for some reason, it game crashed on the first race of the game too. So, this mod will only work on Knightmare-athon and Rocket Racer.

But I did not test all the tracks, so if someone wants to test, please do and post the results here. I would like to see if this will work on any other tracks.

• 6 months later...
TrussROBLOX

I wish I had a copy of Lego Racers so I could get mods. I have two computers, but Lego Racers actually doesn't work on this.

I wish I had a copy of Lego Racers so I could get mods. I have two computers, but Lego Racers actually doesn't work on this.

First, welcome to RRU! Hope you stay a while! I'm le717, a big Racers fan, and creator of the LR Audio Modding Tutorial! origamiguy is our Racers expert, and if you need any help, don't be afrid to ask! Just look around the section to see if you problem is already stated. If it is, post on that topic, and if it's not, you can make a new topic. Someone should be able to hep you!

Could you explain what you mean by it "doesn't work"? WE can't help you unless we have some more info. ;)

If you have LEGO Racers, you could be having a problem with the videos. It's a known bug on newer versions of Windows, and a fix can be found here.

http://www.rockraide...o-racers-12-faq

If that isn't it, or your problem isn't on there, please let us know, and we'll help you fix it. We just still need info. ;)

Wait, so... it mirrors them in real-time? O_O

Yup. There's virtually no performance hit at all from doing it that way.

• 4 years later...

On 8/30/2011 at 2:29 PM, Terrev said:

Quick little video.

If we can modify the AI & the spawnpoints, then we could possibly make the test track a race!

Race Path: Starts off at the white line not far from the exit door, turns at the first banked left, goes into the dirt track and races through that, then comes back out again at the second banked left and the white line would be a lap.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.