LEGO Racers 2 Cheat Engine Hacks

kajeuter

Fluffy Cupcake

Spent the last 1 1/2 days looking for pointers, and finding new things to hack (would of had more than there currently is, but the reason why I don't is mentioned in #3 of the readme)

http://www.mediafire...84zlek3nkni403c

(Message for Modded Lego: The address/pointer I used to fly away in the Arctic bonus game is included in here)

I also broke the game during this time, video probably coming Monday. Meanwhile, have a picture of 2 other things I broke that I forgot to film.

Water

iaccidentallythewater.png

and lights

iaccidentallythelights.png

(I was attempting to find a way to disable the arrow, but failed)

Modded Lego

Thanks For all of your hard work on these cheats, now could you find the pointers for the powerups. I was thinking that if we found those pointers we could have infinite ammo. You already found lots of cool stuff! THANKS! :love:

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm going to take a look into weapons. I tried using the order of the tga files in the exe

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\timer 06.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\timer 05.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\timer 04.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\timer 03.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\timer 02.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\timer 01.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\stealth.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\thunderball.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\slizer disc.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\corkscrew.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\bloodhound.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\shockwave.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\nemesis.tga

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\no weapon.tga

as a guide hoping it would help, it didn't. (I did try including/excluding the timers as values as well). Guess I'm gonna have to take guesses and hopefully I will eventually get it right.

Aaaand video as I was mentioned.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

"Hey buddy, you need some help?"

I think the only help he needs is on trying stop the frequent acid trips.

• Like 1

Modded Lego

I'm going to take a look into weapons. I tried using the order of the tga files in the exe

Game DataHUDWeapon icon targastimer 06.tga

Great! Hope you find something! :af:

• 3 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Game Data\HUD\Weapon icon targas\timer 06.tga

Great! Hope you find something! :af:

I was only able to find the address for the weapon images, not for what weapon you are currently holding unfortunately. :(

I found a few more things though, like unlimited brick boost :af:. An update will be coming soon.

In the mean time, have a nice compilation of weird, funny, and cool breaks of the game.

I was only able to find the address for the weapon images, not for what weapon you are currently holding unfortunately. :(

I had the same problem with finding the weapon values. I finally found them and it gives you the weapon again except, like for example the drill. If you press the button again it will spawn back to your car and not make another instance of the weapon. So there must be a pointer that you must find that fixes that. Sorry that i can't make a trainer because the values are different when you go into the game. I also found the value for flying! You can turn using the values I found bt agin the values are diferent every time you start it. I found a simular speed value that makes you go very fast in any direction! Can't make it too fast though. Again I can't make a trainer because I have not yet found the pointer! :zzz: Great job with the cheats! :af:

P.S. by the way how did you get a cursor to be on the screen while you are playing? were you able to switch to cheat engine while the game is still in fullscreen?

Fluffy Cupcake

So you've taken up using Cheat Engine as well? Yay! So, mind giving a brifing on how you found those things? I tried all the methods, like giving an exact value guess with the icon images as a reference for the order, unkown initial value with change/unchanged values, as well as giving a guess with increase/decreased values.

As long as I have a CE file, I'm fine, don't need a trainer. :P

I recorded in windowed mode because this makes it way easier when using CE.

Well i used unknown initial value on the flying cheat. First I would drive up a hill, then I would use increased value. Then drive down the hill, decreased value. Then after that I would do unchanged value when I am at an even ground. then I get about 49 values! I change each one to see what they do. Most of them do nothing (that you can see anyway) then the forth one down is the value of flying. I also used the same method for the weapons, and speed. I'll try and see if I can make a Cheat engine file for you. :axle:

• Like 1

your welcome! Just keep narowing them down and freezing the values you think the weapons are in. By the way the value for the weapons had 8 numbers! it was like 30943212! This is just an estimate because I do not now the real value. Good Luck! :)

Fluffy Cupcake

Alright, knowing it has 8 should help a bit. Thanks again. :)

I'll get on this tomorrow, don't really have time today. Btw, you did do a 4 byte search right?

Next day Edit: Still can't find weapon even when only using "changed value" for search (and starting with unkown initial), and I still maganged to get down to only 2 which were icon related again. >_>

Hmm, well earlier I easily found the x (or z) position. Though I lost it because CE crash and am having trouble finding it again :/. And I still am having trouble finding height. I don't know why I'm having such trouble with these.

Yes I did a 4 bit search. Make sure on the weapons you only use unchanged value when you don't have the weapon you are trying to find the value to. Do NOT use cahnged value, you could use it but it's easier to use increased and decreased value for the weapon. Get the weapon you want. Then push increased value. Once you shoot it off press decreased value. Then when you don't have the value for the weapon press unchanged value. Likewise if this doesn't work don't use unchanged and changed value. It might be just one value for all the weapons that is very very long!

Though I lost it because CE crash and am having trouble finding it again :/. And I still am having trouble finding height. I don't know why I'm having such trouble with these.

Yeah I had trouble with this as well. I suggest finding a pattern in finding the values for flying. Like find 49 values for the flying cheat and write down which ones do which. so if it is the forurth one then write on a peice of paper flying forth value. As long as you don't make any mistakes the values should be in the same order. This worked for me, see if it works for you! :lol:

Good luck and do this whenever you can, no rush! :)

Fluffy Cupcake

Alrighty, I'll try that.

I'm not sure when I'll next update my CE file, should I just do an update now? Because I have no idea how long I'll be on this. It has brick boost and a few other new stuff.

I found something out the other day for more player customization. You can use peices of NPC characters when making your character (have to lock the values in CE though, and it won't show during creation either). I can finally make myself look more... like myself. :P

One thing though, it will only work in adventure mode, trying to use it anywhere else will crash if you go to character selection screen (hmm, maybe I can make a bypass for that).

I also found the value for flying! You can turn using the values I found bt agin the values are diferent every time you start it. I found a simular speed value that makes you go very fast in any direction! Can't make it too fast though. Again I can't make a trainer because I have not yet found the pointer! :zzz: Great job with the cheats! :af:
In the case the pointer changes still after closing/restarting the game, it might be a multi level pointer. So try finding the pointer the points to the pointer, that helped me out once when I got stuck. :) Also, another tip is try "find what accesses" instead of "find what writes" if you can't find anything good for writing. This just worked now for me now.

• 1 month later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Update! New things in release!

Download here.

Hacks Include

1. Adventure Mode

------------------------

Adventure Event

Can Speak to NPC?

Collectable Golden Bricks

2. Bonus Game

----------------------

How Many You Got

How Much You Need to Get

How Much You Can Carry

Time

3. Menu

---------

Enable/Disable Non-Menu sfx

Game Paused

Menu TL/TR/BL/BR Background

Which Part of Menu You Are On

4. Misc

------

Crazy Game Time/Speed

Which Game #

Character Creation

4. Race

------

Amount of Racers

Checkpoint

Current Lap

Starting Light

5. Vehicle Stuff

----------------------

Auto/Manual Drive

Brick Boost

How Wreaked is Car

For more information on any of these, read the included readme.

• Like 1

THATS SOO COOL! :love:

so with the ammount of damage to your car cheat, can that give you infinite health?

Great Job With the cheats I love it! :love: :love: :love:

Fluffy Cupcake

so with the ammount of damage to your car cheat, can that give you infinite health?

Great Job With the cheats I love it! :love: :love: :love:

Yes, yes you can. Just lock it when you start a race (or whenever the value is avaliable and not a ?).

Glad you like it!

I had some free time so I tested the Character Creation thingy and made a list of characters and their IDs:

ID Name

0 Sparky

1 Mr.Cunningham

2 Gail Storm

3 Baron Rosso

4 Frankie Solido

5 Mac

6 Johnny Thunder

7 Sam Sanister

8 Rocket Racer

9 Workman Fred

10 Mike the postman

11 Fireman Gavin

12 P.C.Bobby

13 Workman Rob

14 Workman Jon

15 Professor Voltage

16 Foreman Stu

17 Doctor Dave

18 Nurse Nikki

19 Captain Geoff

20 Jan

21 Gillian

22 Suzie

23 Steve

24 Jimmy

25 Jay

26 Ben

27 Pauline

28 Laura

29 Rachel

30 Tony the coastguard

31 Fisherman

32 Slyboots

33 Achu

34 Morat

35 Bungo

36 Alexia Sanister

37 Mike

38 Frosty

39 Chilly

40 Captain Ross

41 Crystal

42 Cosmo

43 Scooter

44 Doc

45 BB

46 Doc

47 Default character for character creation

48-55 things you can get in normal builder

56 and more-crash

It is really awesome. I built a guy with Sam Sanister's hat, Mike's face and Johnny Thunder's clothes.

• Like 2

"Cat Head" is Baron Rosso and "Super Harry" is Frankie Solido. The names you listed there aren't official. If you want proof, watch this video:

The green arctic guy is named Scooter and the dude with gray clothes is the defaul character for character creation, try making a character and you'll see what I mean. Other than that this is a really nice list, thanks!

WAIT WHAT PROFESSOR VOLTAGE I THOUGHT HE WAS REMOVED IN BETA HOW IS HE STILL IN THE GAME SCREENSHOT NOW PLEASE :0

Fluffy Cupcake

Thanks CG I'll be sure to add this list in the readme next update (with credit). Though there is one thing incorrect about it, if I recall 56 gives you blank (white stuff), so a white face, torso, legs, etc. Btw, anyone notice the martian pieces are missing from customization?... Just an observation. (because on choose a character on Kajeuter's hack, martians were included)

Clearly I missed something, because there is a windowed mode for LR2, hint hint.

The parameters, specifically /windowed. THOUGH, to get the resolution you want, you have to set it in the game's ingame options first while not windowed and save it. (at least that's how I do it... I thought I got resolution through parameters as well once before...)

There's a cheat code built into the game itself that changes the player character to Cassieopea, try experimenting with that to see if you can figure out how it works.

I know next to nothing about what you guys are doing to test this, but maybe trying to display Martians in character create causes white textures/game crashing and it works fine in the game itself?

Fluffy Cupcake

Doesn't do anything, as the values only update while you are customizing your character. *tries it* Yup, confirmed for not affecting anything with it.

I can always try and look more into it though.

You did actually give me an idea to find the address for in game cheat codes... heheh. *binds for himself keys to disable/enable the wide-angle cam at will* (and it actually changes without game pausing. :D)

Edit: On top of that, this time around I managed to pull off finding vehicle stats (so you can have for example, 10 power, shield, and grip.)

"Cat Head" is Baron Rosso and "Super Harry" is Frankie Solido.The green arctic guy is named Scooter and the dude with gray clothes is the defaul character for character creation.

Ok I fixed that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.