The Books

STUDZ

Oh, would you look at that? McStudz finally posted a topic that's actually RELATED to LEGO Rock Raiders!

Anyways, according to the Wikipedia page I read a VERY long time ago on LRR (No doubt edited by one of RRU's own), there were three Rock Raider books (High Adventure, Deep Underground; Save the Spaceship; and Race for Survival).

Does ANYONE know where one could get scans of these books? Cy, Lair, anyone??? Does anyone even HAVE these books?

Not I. But I'm sure Cyrem, in his recent shopping spree for all things classic LEGO has probably encountered and obtained one...

I posess all three. I have lost Race for Survival, but its artwork isn't interesting aside from the crystal cache. I'll find it. Meanwhile HADU and Save the Spacethip (apparently also Rock Raiders - An Interactive Puzzle Book) (because it is) are in my reach.

• 1 year later...

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of "High Adventure, Deep Underground" dirt cheap. From all the digging that i've been doing, I thought it was pretty rare. I'll try to put up some scans of the pages, but its bound in a way where I might not be able to get it into the scanner....

• 5 months later...

What just happened? I see my thread bumped only to see Fett say it was stupid of him to post here?

What happened?

The Ace Railgun

Hmm...makes you wonder...then again you might not want to know...

Anywho back to the book topic I have two of the Rockraiders books. I forgot their titles though...

• 2 weeks later...

Would you be able to scan them? or at least part of them?

That was the whole point of me making this thread. :P

Not on RRU he won't.

• 1 year later...

Okay, so, with the clarified rules now in place, I thought it would be pertinent to link to this Brickshelf gallery with scans of the Rock Raiders books, uploaded by raidwhale.

I don't currently have any non-RR LEGO Media books (aside from the Ultimate LEGO Book), but I am planning on trying to track down the Adventurers ones soon, so expect scans of them at some point. In the meantime, Brickipedia has the first few pages of The Lost Temple. Interestingly, it's implied that Senor Palomar is working for Baron Sam von Hates "Evil Eye" Gluipstra (or perhaps it's just a convienient coincidence that the writer decided to have him working for "an art collector" who steals ancient artifacts).

Here's my uploaded stuff: Castle Mystery, Gold Robber, High Adventure, Deep Underground, Insectoids, and Jewel Thief

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/e6asf475dczxt,vh6w9kbp6wd4m,fj1nngyil6wq6,skr7h1ndanbyk,po59sjrti4c4j/shared

I think I also uploaded scans of the Space Port book somewhere. Off the top of my head, I have no idea where I put it. If Sadie or Alec has the link that I sent them, please post it here.

I don't currently have any non-RR LEGO Media books (aside from the Ultimate LEGO Book), but I am planning on trying to track down the Adventurers ones soon, so expect scans of them at some point. In the meantime, Brickipedia has the first few pages of The Lost Temple.

I have The Lost Temple... do you want me to scan it?

I don't currently have any non-RR LEGO Media books (aside from the Ultimate LEGO Book), but I am planning on trying to track down the Adventurers ones soon, so expect scans of them at some point. In the meantime, Brickipedia has the first few pages of The Lost Temple.

That would be great. My copy is missing the cover and first two pages. I'm also really interested in reading the Egypt one. I had it as a kid and lost it.

It turns out that the Space Port book was never uploaded for some reason or another (I believe it was due to a repeated failure to upload to mediafire). When I return home for Thanksgiving, I'll upload it if nobody else has by then. Hopefully it's still on my parent's home computer, but if not, I'll re-scan it. I also have Medieval Mischief and Mayhem to scan/upload, but I don't have it with me so I can't do it until Thanksgiving.

Question: How do you get good scans? The uploads on Mediafire were all pictures, except one (and the Space Port book), because scans never came out right.

Also, is anyone interested in scanned LEGOLAND California books? One is a visitor's guide and one is an activity book. As far as I can tell, there isn't any information about old themes, but it may be of interest to someone.

I'll echo BobaFett2's sentiments. That would be excellent.

Question: How do you get good scans? The uploads on Mediafire were all pictures, except one (and the Space Port book), because scans never came out right.

What kind of a scanner are you using? Books are kind of tricky because to get a good scan you have to press the page down flat and hold it, which isn't terribly good for the book spine, I don't think. You'd also want to make sure that the cover is as far down as possible, even though with a book it isn't going to completely close. If it's possible, it is good to preview a scan before going through with it to make sure the page is properly aligned and not off-kilter or anything.

No idea if any of that's helpful to whatever problem you experienced, but that's the advice that comes to mind from my experience scanning LEGO magazines.

I've got Knights' Kingdom: Medieval Mischief and Mayhem, Castle Under Attack (Knights' Kingdom 1), Rocket Rescue (Space Port, Boba's already got that one), Secret at Dolphin Bay (City Center), and three classic Pirates books: The Royal Visit, Adventure on Shark Island, and Captain Roger's Activity Book. Not sure if I'll have access to a scanner for a while though.

JrMasterModelBuilder

I've got 6 old DK books that are, er..., somewhere.

• Race for Survival - Rock Raiders - Level 4
  • Mission to the Arctic - Arctic - Level 3
  • Castle Under Attack - Knights Kingdom - Level 2
  • Rocket Rescue - Space - Level 2
  • Trouble at the Bridge - City - Level 1
  • Secret at Dolphin Bay - City - Level 1

Their condition may not be the best, but if you need me to, I could try to find and scan them.

BTW, if anyone has any of the BIONICLE "Young Readers" or "Guides" books listed here, I'd like to hear about it! I have a few, but I'm missing most of them.

• Like 2

The Ace Railgun

BIONICLE "Young Readers"

I've got one of these It's the Young Reader's Level 3, Journey of Takanuva. Then i've got both the Bionicle Encyclopedias, and one other Bionicle Guide.

I've got one of these It's the Young Reader's Level 3, Journey of Takanuva. Then i've got both the Bionicle Encyclopedias, and one other Bionicle Guide.

The rules state we cannot link to books less than ten years old, so I believe for the time being Journey of Takanuva and the encyclopedias are out.

Their condition may not be the best, but if you need me to, I could try to find and scan them.

If you have the time, it would definitely be great to get scans of the ones that BobaFett2/jamesster don't have.

I've got 6 old DK books that are, er..., somewhere.

• Race for Survival - Rock Raiders - Level 4
  • Mission to the Arctic - Arctic - Level 3
  • Castle Under Attack - Knights Kingdom - Level 2
  • Rocket Rescue - Space - Level 2
  • Trouble at the Bridge - City - Level 1
  • Secret at Dolphin Bay - City - Level 1

BTW, if anyone has any of the BIONICLE "Young Readers" or "Guides" books listed here, I'd like to hear about it! I have a few, but I'm missing most of them.

That would be excellent. I actually used to have all but one of those, but now I only have two.

I have BIONICLE World (I think), BIONICLE Rahi Beasts (pretty sure), the Official Guide (may be missing pages/some are loose, but it's mostly complete and more than 10 years old). I may have another hidden somewhere, but I can't look until I go home for Thanksgiving.

Is anyone interested in the LEGOLAND books?

JrMasterModelBuilder

The rules state we cannot link to books less than ten years old, so I believe for the time being Journey of Takanuva and the encyclopedias are out.

No worries, I won't link them here, at least until the get a little older.

If you have the time, it would definitely be great to get scans of the ones that BobaFett2/jamesster don't have.

Hmm, where did I put them...

Is anyone interested in the LEGOLAND books?

Sure!

Excellent. I'll put the BIONICLE book, LEGOLAND Books, and Medieval Mischief and Mayhem on my to-do list, and I'll also upload the Space Port book if nobody else has by Thanksgiving.

By happenstance, I have recently begun collecting LEGO books, and purchased a variety of Bionicle books at local thrift stores. Do you require any of the following?

Bionicle Chronicles

• 1 Tale of the Toa
  • 2 Beware the Bohrok
  • 3 Makuta's Revenge

Bionicle Adventures

• 1 Mystery of Metru Nui
  • 3 The Darkness Below
  • 4 Legends of Metru Nui
  • 7 Web of the Visorak
  • 9 Web of Shadows
  • 10 Time Trap

Bionicle Legends

• 10 Swamp of Secrets

Bionicle Guides

• Metru Nui - City of Legends
  • Dark Hunters

Misc.

• LEGO Curse of the Mummy
  • LEGO Ninjago Official Guide

Afterthought: It's possible I could also find some of the yet-uncatalogued books at a library.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.