Stunt Rally Crashes On Choosing Car.

Oboe Shoes

Alright, really bizarre problem I'm running into. I'm on Windows 7, and Stunt Rally installs and launches correctly, I was even able to import my old custom tracks. It runs fine, untill you change your car. It'll load the car select screen, and the first car's model, but if you change the car or color, the game crashes. It will even load a demo race correctly if you leave it at the menu for long enough.

I've tried a few compatabilty mode combinations, most did nothing, one made the game rash once you selected a racer, not a car. :/

Any help? D:

• 4 weeks later...
Ranger Snow

I'm having this exact same issue. It also crashes whenever I try to put a piece down in the track builder. I'm also using Windows 7 and tried every permission/compatibility combination i can think of.

Anyone have any ideas? I wanna relive my childhood and build some awesome tracks with a million mashers again.

Yeah I could never get it to work either. Tried several fixes including hooking up a printer, which is supposedly required, but that didn't work either.

^Not sure how I never noticed that file before, but it was the key to fixing it.

The game now runs for me, if I set both the stunt rally executable and _msr to run as admin, with windows 98/ME compatability mode.

Works for me, hopefully it works for all of you guys too.

• 9 months later...
Riegel2222

I tried out what Oboe Shoes said but it still had the same issue. Can someone explain it more detailed?

Oboe Shoes

I tried out what Oboe Shoes said but it still had the same issue. Can someone explain it more detailed?

I run on Windows 7, and All i did was change both the stuntrally.exe file and _msr.exe to run as Administrator, and run in "Windows 98 / ME" compatability mode. If you use a different Operating System, try different compatability modes and see if they work.

• 1 month later...

I run on windows 7, set _msr to executable, windows 98/ME compatibilty mode, and run it as admin. And I did StuntRally.exe with the same settings. But nothing changed, why?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.