LEGO Mars Mission.

Devestater

Lego mars mission  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know what LEGO Mars mission was?

• Yes,
    • What is that?
  2. 2. Did you like LEGO Mars mission?

• Hell yes!!
    • Nope.
  3. 3. Should LEGO mars mission be brought back or rereleased?

• Yes, its the coolest space theme ever?
    • Not today.
  4. 4. Do you like the aliens or astros better?

• I like the Aliens better.
    • Nope, astros rule!
  5. 5. Which commanders better?

• Alien commander.
    • Astro leader.

LEGO Mars Mission is a line of LEGO toys, which is set on mars, featuring a war between astronauts and aliens over a valuable power source known as "energy crystals". The line started in 2007 and ended in 2009, although the last sets were released in 2008. The fight between the astronaut and the aliens intensifies over time in the story, as the astronaut's technology becomes more battle-ready, and more alien forces are discovered. Despite that the aliens appear to be martians, they are not, they are not even from this solar system (which they have named "gamma"). :bandit:

:docs: Story

The story begins with astronauts landing on mars, where a newly discovered power source appears to be the solution to the energy crisis. However, once they begin mining, they are attacked by the aliens, who steal their crystals. These attacks continue, and the astronauts (shortened to "astros") modify their technology to be more battle ready.

:sparks: Full Sets:

7649 MT-201 Ultra-Drill Walker (2008)

7644 MX-81 Hypersonic Operations Aircraft (2008)

7645 MT-61 Crystal Reaper (2008)

7646 ETX Alien Infiltrator (2008)

7647 MX-41 Switch Fighter (2008)

7648 MT-21 Mobile Mining Unit (2008)

7699 MT-101 Armored Drilling Unit

7690 MB-01 Eagle Command Base (2007)

7691 ETX Alien Mothership Assault (2007)

7692 MX-71 Recon Dropship (2007)

7697 MT-51 Claw-Tank Ambush (2007)

7693 ETX Alien Strike (2007)

7694 MT-31 Trike (2007)

7695 MX-11 Astro Fighter (2007)

:axle: Impulse Sets:

5617 Alien Jet (2008)

5619 Crystal Hawk (2008)

5616 Mini-Robot (2008)

:chief: Games

There were two games released on LEGO.com to support the line, CrystAlien Conflict, and Martian Chase.

:ilaser: CrystAlien Conflict

CrystAlien Conflict is a one-player strategy game, where you can control either the astros are the aliens in their battles againts each other. Each campaign (astros and aliens) consists of ten main levels. In addition to the main game, quite a few extra levels were released, including the special ops levels.

:jet: Martian Chase

Martian Chase is a simpler, arcade type game where you play as an astro running away from an alien who is chasing you, and will eat you if you lose. You have to avoid red LEGO bricks on the ground (if you hit one, you trip, and the alien gets closer to you), which come faster and faster as the game progresses.

LEGO Mars mission should be brought back as its the coolest space theme from LEGO ever.

Info for this page came from: http://marsmissionwiki.wetpaint.com/page/LEGO+Mars+Mission or, the mars mission wiki.

I liked it. I seem to be the only one who actually liked the aliens and didn't care that their arms weren't movable which 99% of everyone else who knows about MM has to Power Miner about. I also liked how they were mining Brickonium, a reference to LRR. Power Miners soon ruined this.

Despite that the aliens appear to be martians, they are not, they are not even from this solar system (which they have named "gamma").

WOW, someone who actually gets this! You wouldn't believe the noobs on the LEGO forums who-

:bandit:

:docs:

:sparks:

:axle:

:chief:

:ilaser:

:jet:

Oh, nevermind.

To contradict you. Lair... I KNEW ABOUT THE MM ALIENS NOT BEING FROM THIS SOLAR SYSTEM. No one ever asked, so I never said anything.

Also, I wasn't into LEGO until after MM was close to being done, so all I have is the Claw Tank... Although I'd LOVE to have the Crystal Reaper!

To contradict you. Lair... I KNEW ABOUT THE MM ALIENS NOT BEING FROM THIS SOLAR SYSTEM.

You wouldn't believe the noobs on the Lego forums

So you admit that you're a noob on the LMB. Nice going.

Also, I wasn't into LEGO until after MM was close to being done, so all I have is the Claw Tank... Although I'd LOVE to have the Crystal Reaper!

- McStudz

McStudz , i can sell you my LMM Crystal reaper at a resonable price. Mines in very good mint condition except it doesnt have the box. The Crystal Reapers now worth about 300USD but, i can sell it to you for only about $200 USD + shipping.

The Crystal Reapers now worth about $300USD but, i can sell it to you for only about $200 USD + shipping.

The Crystal Reaper was sold for $50.

I am starting to think you are trying to turn this site into Mar Mission United.

With one topic? Seems to me you're just trying to troll him. That was Ben10 and such you're thinking of.

Sonic322 on28 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

I am starting to think you are trying to turn this site into Mar Mission United.

Sonic, this is in "LEGO Themes" disscusion so, it is not turning into Mars mission united as there is already a mars mission wiki.

And, Lair, go on amozon, ebay or brick link and youll see the crystal reaper now costs $300USD.

No it does not. Some silly kid may sell it for such, but the pricing for it is $50. It varies by condition, but there's no way it's going to cost as much as a 2500 piece set. Ever.

I have to agree with Lair on that one.

I've seen a small LEGO Space Police set (From 1993) UNOPENED, IN THE BOX for about $50 USD. I then saw a Classic Pirates set IN THE BOX for about $150. I kind of doubt that a LEGO set that came out a couple of years ago would sell for $300, even in the box.

Mcstudz, go to brickset and bricklink.com to see what i said is true.

Nope.

It's $50 there. And everywhere else except eBay, and the only people where who would sell it for $200 are little kids thinking they can get money.

Seriously, the set only has 500-600 parts, it's going to cost about a tenth of that. $200 = 2000 piece set. Does this set have 2000 or 3000 parts? Nope. It's not and never will be that much unless money has serious issues.

Mars mission was, by far, my favorite LEGO series... i had almost every single set in the series... includeing the crystal reaper... so yeah...

just sayin

:)

O.T.

please, don't ask me what my second favorite LEGO series is... i will be kicked off the site ;P

the dude, ill give you my entire rockraiders collection for eaither LMM Eagle command base, and or mohtership assult or for the Hypersonic operations space craft.

The dude, also what is your 2nd favorite LEGO series?

I had all of the old power miner (not the new stupid alien hive ones) but they all fell off my table because the stupid dog was trying to get into my trash can.

Devefailure, if you want them so bad, get a job and buy them yourself.

please, don't ask me what my second favorite LEGO series is... i will be kicked off the site ;P

I honestly don't care how many Power Miner sets you have.

I had all of the old power miner (not the new stupid alien hive ones)

Most massive typo ever.

Also, STUPID Alien Hive ones? /:|

Devestater

I had all of the old power miner (not the new stupid alien hive ones) but they all fell off my table because the stupid dog was trying to get into my trash can.

aLPHA, are you blind? If you had an IQ of at least 60, you'd see that this topic is calLed : "LEGO MARS MISSION"

NOT POWER MINERS MISSION! you Cant even afford a IMAX movie ticket for Transformers 3!!!

And in other news LAir, can you please tell me where i could get a new sealed 7690 MB-01 Eagle Command Base for $90USD or less?

Also since you find vintige LEGO sets at original prices, where can i find a new sealed 7691 ETX Alien Mothership Assault for $50usd or less.

in conclusion Lair the price of LEGO expert, where can i find a new sealed 7644

MX-81 Hypersonic Operations Aircraft for only $90usd or less.

aLPHA, are you blind? If you had an IQ of at least 60, you'd see that this topic is calLed : "LEGO MARS MISSION"

NOT POWER MINERS MISSION! you Cant even afford a IMAX movie ticket for Transformers 3!!!

Devestater, he was answering your previous question. Have some respect.

Back on topic, never heard of this one? Was this the one featured in LEGO Racers 2, or is it a later series?

Edited by Cyrem
No need for that language.

Back on topic, never heard of this one? Was this the one featured in LEGO Racers 2, or is it a later series?

Here's some info on it.

Thank you, Lair...I was trying to avoid opening another tab, but WHATEVER. ;P

2007-2008. It was the remake of Life on Mars, a 2001 system that was on LEGO Racers 2 and had ACTUAL Martians

Hiya, I'm Joev14 (as my username states), I'm new to the site, and just noticed this so I thought I would post here, as many of you know there was an online game of Mars Mission called Crystalien Conflict. A friend of mine is currently working on a map maker for this game as well as possibly a multiplayer feature for Crystalien Conflict. Just something I thought I would mention. all the info on the game can be found here at this link ->Here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.