Enhanced Original Biomes

Cyrem

The problem with running the game in full screen on a high resolution screen is the textures look terrible. This is exactly the same as the original Rock Raiders biomes however I've enhanced them by up-sizing the textures to 256x256, carefully smoothed and sharpened the textures to give it a much cleaner, less pixelated look.

Comparison:
gallery_1_1_286203.jpg

That image doesn't really do it justice due to image compression, but it looks a lot better on big resolutions and in FP mode.

Downloads:
Cafeteria Patch (0.9.3+)
Manual Install Files

Looks Neat. I always kinda thought those textures were that grainy on their own, so there was little hope for making them look any better. Guess not though.

Anyway, yeah you should definatley do Lava and Ice to match this one. Looks great.

So does the game use more system resources when using this texture pack?

And are you going to do this with all the textures in the game at some point.

Tauka Usanake

Ehh I kind of like the rugged look that the standard rocks have. These are cleaner looking though and still good. I guess it's to whoevers tastes in rocks.

I'd use this, but it doesn't match with the 128p images of Amauros's and other peoples' custom biomes.

Or I could just install it and not care what the player thinks.

Nice, this is awesome, you should so do the same thing to lava and ice.

Oh, I just had an awesome idea, after you finish the lava and ice biomes, you should ask everyone that has made a custom biome texture if you could update them and make them up-sized and stuff.

I would love to see that.

Added Ice biome to the package. Unfortunately, the fact that the game runs in such a low resolution stands out more on the ice biome, possibly due to the lighter colours and stretching to my resolution. Because of this it doesn't make the texture look as smooth as the rock biome when viewed far away. However it still looks cleaner and better in FP mode.

Finally, the Lava biome has been enhanced and added to the package above. The lava looks pretty good.

Enjoy :)

Finally, the Lava biome has been enhanced and added to the package above. The lava looks pretty good.

Enjoy :)

Can you add a before/after shot of Lava and Ice like you have for Rock?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Cyrem changed the title to Enhanced Original Biomes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.