~The Brony Herd~

Minifig9292

Fluffy Cupcake

-Worlds most cringiest event: Brony Convention-

It speaks for itself.

I went to one of those conventions once. I can confirm weird things happen (but not that extreme).... that video though.... just.... xD

Back on topic, here are my thoughts on the ep (I shoved 'em in spoiler tags, just in case):

Wow, the ending was rather unexpected IMO. This is what I expected to happen:

-this-

This is what actually happened:

-that-

So yeah, that was a rather pleasant surprise as I thought she was gonna be just a throwaway communist villain stereotype for the opening episode, never to be seen again. I really hope we see her again, her character really deserves some more backstory and development.

Yeah, it really was surprising that b) happened and not a) like usual. Perhaps it will happen if

she happens to make a return? That's what usually happens anyway to those that don't get friendship converted off the bat.

SPECULATION TIME: I've read the synopsis of the next coming episode (not sure if you have), and I have to say, I can't imagine an interesting episode out of it, but hey, this show has surprised me before, so it may very well do so again.

RANDOM FAN CONTENT: This video was... nice. :satisfied:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZbJaCNv7zM

Also, my prior avatar from a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY5J9YT9tUU

Have you seen anything interesting lately?

So I got round to watching last night's episode, Castle Sweet Castle... 

Wow dem feels tho.

That was a pretty good episode. At the start of that first song I thought the whole ep would be just about the mane 5 arguing about what to put in the castle, but thankfully they got through quickly and proceeded to try and make as many grown men cry at that ending scene with the tree on the ceiling (so many feels), although in a world full of magic and unicorns I still cannot work out how they got that freakin' tree to stay on that ceiling. 

Oh, and JESUS CHRIST PINKIE IS A MANIAC WHY PARTY CANNONS EVERYWHERE SO MANY CANNONS HOW IS THIS SAFE

But yeah, good ep. :P

Regarding the song...

"She'll need this and those"

Rainbow Dash: Purveyor of vague song lyrics since 2015 :P

:P

Fluffy Cupcake

Yeah, I thought it was going to last MUCH longer than that too, sure glad it didn't. :)

Indeed, RD is best singer.

:P

For some reason I can't stop listening to this

• 1 year later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Where are you my fellow bronies, don't tell me you've slid from the faith fandom already. Such heresy!

Anyhow, if you don't know of this old news by now, then perhaps you have? MLP:FiM's very first MOVIE is coming out in October 2017, that's 11 months from now! We recently got news that Rita Hsiao, the co-writer of several great films like Toy Story 2 and Mulan, will be writing for this movie! Incredible!

In other news, it looks like we will be getting animation from Toon Boom Harmony instead of Flash 8 animation, awesome! I definitely can't wait to see the changes!

Also hey, there was rumors that we may be getting seaponies in the movie; will we finally get them in G4 after all this time!? Who knows! I'm somewhat hoping a little bit that we do personally.

Speaking of Disney related films, just the other day a Disney-like animation of an old timer fandom song was released from Duo Cartoonist, and it was absolutely gorgeous. Have a look! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2PCNKlddJY

Anyhow, now that the season 6 finale aired a couple weeks ago, what did you all think of it for those who have seen it?

I thought it was...

SO AWESOME! All those 2ndary characters (and Glimmy) getting the spotlight was simply marvellous! And, and, Chrysalis' return? I never thought I'd see the day! It was quite the icing with cherry on top that we got to go INSIDE the changeling hive! As for the new design the changed changelings got at the end, I'm kinda "eh" with them. It's alright I suppose, though I did kinda like their old design a bit more. You know, Equestria got kinda lucky that a powerful unicorn such as Glimmer wasn't around when the changelings came in and took over wasn't it? Imagine the doom Equestria would have been in if she had stayed in Ponyville! Oh wait... I guess we kinda saw some of this 'what would happen if Crysalis truly took over' in the alternate timelines episode, didn't we? Heh. Oh what a fragile world Equestria is.

I dug the finale mostly for how they played Trixie off of the other characters. And the not-Mane 6 being jerks was really fun too.

Also without whatever filters they were using on Kathleen Barr's voice in Canterlot Wedding, Chrysalis sounded just like Roodaka which was pretty surreal. 

Dazzgracefulmoon

im actually kind of surprised mlp's got a feature film this late in it's series, sure there's equestria girls or whatever, but seeing a main series mlp film this late is....kinda weird

same. though I guess outside of transformers (which already has its film franchise going, obviously) hasbro doesn't have any bigger IPs, so if they're set on making a feature film ponies is probably the best route for them to go.

I'm not complaining either way. I'm wary of them making things too 'epic' for a show that does it's best with quiet character interactions (the season openers/enders have already struggled with this issue sometimes imo), but one way or another we get movie-budget quality pony animation and that's exciting in and of itself. 

i didn't even remember this show was still around. why is it getting 7 seasons. i don't know anything about it in the first place but i thought people were saying it was going downhill a long ass-time ago. how did it keep going while also fading into obscurity

Fluffy Cupcake

Sure the prime time of the fandom's early life is past, but the fandom got to be large enough to self-sustain itself like any other large fanbase such as Pokemon, Star Wars, etc. Bronies aren't going anywhere soon. Fan content is still being pumped out at large, like a 60 song collaboration album that was just released a some weeks ago for one example. The reason you just hear less about it is because people have other things to do than make a big deal about bronies now days, they're just old news now.

10 hours ago, Ringtail said:

i thought people were saying it was going downhill a long ass-time ago

Sure there's been a few bumps here and there, but nothing unrecoverable. In the end people will always say that about anything that isn't new anymore. I just came back out of a slight haitus with the fandom a few months ago and I kinda thought that for a bit when I first returned, but after sticking around for a bit I realized how that was so wrong. Now that I am hanging around I also see other people bringing up such topics (even on brony forums) and I just have to chuckle at it. Really, this is what happens when you get out of touch and don't keep up with the times. Sure some may say "but things aren't like they use to be", and while this may be somewhat true, this is isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean I'm not like I use to be right? I'm no longer a child. To have something grow and mature, changes do need to happen, nothing abnormal there. I as one of the early members of the fandom wholeheartedly agree that things aren't like they use to be, but it really isn't as bad as the loud drama mouths make it out to be.

12 hours ago, Ringtail said:

i don't know anything about it in the first place but i thought people were saying it was going downhill a long ass-time ago. 

like pretty much any long-running show, it isn't the same with the original creator gone and unable to maintain a consistent vision for everything, but to be honest there's still fun stuff even 6 seasons in. It's not like Spongebob or something, where there's a complete radical shift in tone and content.

The bigger issue I have is how the gender dynamics of the writing staff have shifted, from 27% men to 89% from season one to season six. I don't have anything against the dudes writing the episodes, but this is a show for little girls after all, and I have a difficult time not finding issue in the reality that women are losing their voice in it.

• Like 4

Fluffy Cupcake

Ummm, wow. I just came across this song from the fandom that says these words backing up some things that I said:

"When the stories don't feel the same anymore
Remember all the good times we've shared before
Always changing, it's not a bad thing

We're all glad to have been a part
We understand (We understand)
Now what is next for you?"

That first line sums up what I said about "prime time" gone; with most of the hypers having gone and left and us being less hype ourselves, things aren't quite the same as it use to be. The 2nd line is a call out to those who left for one reason or another, to come back for a moment and remember all the grand times we had when the fandom was first getting started. The third line, "Always changing. It's not a bad thing" pretty much sums up exactly what I was saying about that matter. For the next part "We're all glad to have been a part" its saying that all of us still around are glad to have made the fandom grow into what it has become today, with all the happiness, joy, and good times that surround it. And as for the last two lines we understand why those left why they did, but we are also questioning them in such a way that while it saddens us to see them go, we're also wondering what they will do now that they're gone, because we care (they were like family to us).

Here's the song for those wondering. The title "Acceptance" is likely meaning that we accept what the fandom has become, and we respect and accept whatever reason those who have decided to leave did why they did.

• 3 weeks later...

I had no intention of making this until Xiron commented on my "dashroni" render (consisting of an unfinished texture of Dash from Alpha Team), and... well, it is here,

"Dash Roni"

...in his/her(?) glory;

eipkKPE.jpg

For those interested here are some facts when making this image;

Spoiler

1. I've now uploaded this poster twice, TWICE. Because apparently when I first uploaded it, I lost connection to Rock Raiders United. Thanks a lot...

2. I felt it'd be safer to post the image here instead of the 'LEGO Game renders' topic, 'cause other than Red Greenbase in the foreground, this poster isn't exactly... well... LEGO(-y)

3. This is the first time I've ever posed a Pony model in Source Filmmaker, so if the pose or face looks weird... that is because I don't know what its meant to look like

4. This isn't actually a Rainbow Dash model. This is apparently a model for Daring Do*, I just replaced most of the textures with Dash's (except for the hair/tail, which is from Carrot Top*, and the shirt which I reskinned myself)

5. The pizza model isn't from Xiron. I mean sure, Xiron made a Pizza model but the shading on it is a bit... off (watch my 'Papa cannot juggle' here for a better look). The model I used instead is from somebody's GMod LEGO Island map which works pretty well shader/shape-wise

6. I just realised the palm tree in the background has incomplete lighting...

...well, not much I can do about it now. Time to get some sleep.

* - Thanks to Xiron for pointing out 'Daring Do' and 'Carrot Top's correct names

• Like 3

Fluffy Cupcake

Ah yes. I saw that earlier!

I personally have no beef with K'nex, as it was one of the things I played with that wasn't LEGO when I was younger. Althooooooough, I still would have preferred LEGO have a deal with Hasbro instead of K'nex, but we all know how that got rejected when it reached it's goal on Cuosoo Ideas.

• 1 month later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Their updated looks for the movie look pretty neato! They've got shading and lighting now aaand not too much more new, nice.

• 5 years later...
On 11/9/2016 at 8:37 PM, Lair said:

i didn't even remember this show was still around. why is it getting 7 seasons. i don't know anything about it in the first place but i thought people were saying it was going downhill a long ass-time ago. how did it keep going while also fading into obscurity

well this post aged poorly.

i was gonna just shіtpost here because ded site but it's honestly surreal seeing the way people talked about this show when it was new. only one season when this topic started, no one knew it would last for nine seasons with so many spinoffs and comics and that it would stay beloved for so long even after it ended. also really regret taking part in being an asshole in here (and the shіt in here is another example of the toxic bullshіt this site bred). shouldn't have done it in the first place, even more embarrassing considering how i feel about it now. 

anyway uh funny hors

mLfTfMr.jpg

Edited by Lair

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.