Terraria

lol username

lol username

http://www.terraria.org/

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/17/terraria-launch-a-huge-success/

So, yeah. Kind of interesting. A 2D Minecraft-RPG-ish sort of game that seems to be getting a bit of attention. Discuss.

Addictgamer

I've seen it. It looks interesting, but when I tried it...ugh, another game with bad jumping.

Better than most games out there though, it's been added to my world sims list :D

• 10 months later...

minecraft done right... but sadly in 2d so everyone hates... but yeah haters gonna hate

also my appoloigies this topic was dead... but seriously this is the only Terraria topic?? wow...

Fluffy Cupcake

It sucks that they stopped developing Terraria. D:

I don't know if anyone else knows about this, but HERO (the guy makes the videos for the Terraria wiki), and his team made a mod for Terraria called Reborn Mod. It adds quite a few cool stuff.

• 1 year later...
Fluffy Cupcake

So who here has heard and is excited about the upcoming epicly LARGE update?

For more info/spoilers see here: (As for screenshots, there aren't just chat ones, but some ingame too. ;))

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/official-terraria-irc-plugdj-spoilers-thread.96063/

and here (new [somewhat] biome screenshots!):

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/something-about-one-of-these-new-biomes-from-jim.98890/

and you can put your own suggestions here:

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/something-about-a-possible-pc-update.95324/

• 3 weeks later...
Addictgamer

I'm excited about it.

Hope somebody does a decent Linux hackport of it very soon after release so I can start playing.

• 1 year later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Hope somebody does a decent Linux hackport of it very soon after release so I can start playing.

Addictgamer, I think your dream will soon be fullfilled.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/first-screenshots-of-terraria-running-on-linux-ubuntu.158059/

Yes I know I already mentioned this to you a few weeks ago Addict, but I just thought I'd say it here for the record. :-P

Anyhow, anyone think we should start an RRU server for this eventaually? A lot of us do own this game (and I have 570 hours on record :P).

lol username

I've played this game for a whopping 0.6 hours. Maybe I wouldn't be so turned off from it if the jumping/gravity didn't feel so floaty and weird, especially after playing Spelunky so much lately... I'd still likely grow tired of it fairly quickly though, as did happen with Minecraft. I might check out a RRU server though, at least once or twice.

Fluffy Cupcake

You guys (jamesster and Addict) really have a problem with the physics in this game huh? Either I've just become immune, or I never cared in the first place (I don't remember caring). You can't say this game's phyiscs is the worst around that you've played with (LR2 anyone? :P I know, bad comparission because Terraria is 2D and LR2 3D, though still. It isn't unbearably afwul though.)

I actually haven't heard Addict complain about it in all the hours I've played with him though oddly, even though he complained about it here.

• 4 weeks later...
MisterGryphon

I've played this game for a whopping 0.6 hours. Maybe I wouldn't be so turned off from it if the jumping/gravity didn't feel so floaty and weird, especially after playing Spelunky so much lately... I'd still likely grow tired of it fairly quickly though, as did happen with Minecraft. I might check out a RRU server though, at least once or twice.

I hate how the blocks fall...they start clipping all over the place. Starbound has similar graphics but it handles movement a lot better for a 2D game and it's in alpha

• 2 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Hey guys, so I JUST NOW started playing this game with Drill Master. PM me if any of you want the IP addres if you want to join in! We are using new characters, world, everything!
If it becomes popular enough, I may just make it offical and keep it up 24/7.
I have three rules at the moment, no greifing, and don't build your home within the same screen as someone else, and keep the language clean (this includes saying gosh or goodness instead 'my god' for those that get offended by the sake of those that get offended by the later.)

Edit: EoC was defeated (unwillingly). I guess that's what I get for reaching 200 HP on my first irl day. :P

• 3 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Since it wasn't publicly stated anywhere that can be seen in the long-term, we do have a server running currently, and we play in sessions so no one misses out on anything.

If you want to join in, just let one of the current players know, those players would be RobExplorian, Someswedish, Drill Master, or I.

Preferably, like the RRU server, you will have been a member of RRU for a considerable amount of time, and have had at least a few posts. Skype is also recommended, as we do voice chat the whole time. Even if you don't have a microphone to speak in, you'd be missing out if you can't at least listen to us.

Fluffy Cupcake

Alright, since no one seems to be adding you (and I asked if anyone had your Skype with no answers), what is your Skype name? You can reply in a PM if you like.

Edit: Note to self, check profile fields before asking such things next time.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'd like to carry out my member title point out that Terraria has an amusing glitch of sorts which allows for near-instantaneous travel.

So this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnVOilNAidQ

And if you want to know a bit more about item "hoiking" as it's called:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSFFvl0uZM.

Even if you don't have a clue what's going on they're fun to watch l405G.jpg

• Like 3

I play Terraria...however rarely now at this point. It's not bad, just not quite up to par.

Oh hey, I wonder what the official merchandise for this game looks lik-

CAj8xn8WwAE1zBc.jpg

Um. Okay.

^^ As for that...ummm..

Oh hey, I wonder what the official merchandise for this game looks lik-

<snip>

Um. Okay.

??????

[rant]

I'm looking up the rest of the merchandise, and I haven't made Silver/Gold armor yet so I can't judge on those.... but those NPCs!

They're completely the wrong colour!

The Goblin Tinkerer (light blue) is very clearly green in-game. And is that wizard supposed to be Tim? ....??? The guide's hairdo is ghastly

Skeletron is incomplete! Okay, so they include all the really rare drops from him but they don't include his main attack form?

And it should be impossible to screw the Eye of Cthulu up but NOPE! Green, of all things!

.... and the plushies are scarcely better l405G.jpg

• 5 months later...
Fluffy Cupcake

For anyone interested in joining next round, we (the players of last round) have been discussing starting up it sometime soon (within this or next month or so?), and likely on the new expert mode this time that came in the most recent big update. If you're new to the game, don't worry, we'll help you get cozy regardless of difficulty.

Joining requirements will likely be the same as the MC servers in regards to post count + time registered here on RRU.

For anyone interested in joining next round, we (the players of last round) have been discussing starting up it sometime soon (within this or next month or so?), and likely on the new expert mode this time that came in the most recent big update. If you're new to the game, don't worry, we'll help you get cozy regardless of difficulty.

Joining requirements will likely be the same as the MC servers in regards to post count + time registered here on RRU.

I rather enjoy Terraria and wouldn't mind stepping in if you'd have me. :)

Fluffy Cupcake

Alright. I'll keep you posted for when we do actually start. Got Skype? We usually like to voice chat while we play, and you don't need a microphone to join the calls.

I do happen to have Skype, it should be on my RRU profile. I don't have a $500 microphone or anything, just a Logitech headset, but I think the sound quality is OK for voice chat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.