Knightmare-Athon Glitches

AppliArt

Hey,

With the discovery of possible shortcuts in Knightmare-Athon and the release of a .jam extractor, this game finally pulled my attention back to it. Thanks to Jamesster who found all this info, I took some time and investigated those shortcuts.

I just discovered that there is possibily a fly and get stuck in the air glitch on this track. It is located right on the spot where the 1 possible shortcut of the track would end. I made a picture of it to clarify what I mean. I did get it right once, but I forgot to take a screenshot, but it is possible, that's for sure.

knightmare%20athon%20glitch.PNG

As you can see, there's a little ramp there. What you need to do is drive backwards, slowly to the point.

knightmare_athon_glitch2.PNG

If you do it right, you'll get catapulted into the air. It's not a long period of time, but you have an overview. Well, that was what I could get out of it. Now, back to the game. :)

lol username

Yeah, it jerks you into the air like that because they patched the tunnel exit of the shortcut in a hurry and it ended up somewhat glitched. I noticed it when investigating the area a while back. It's not the only place in the game where that happens:

3-2010-05-07-13-19-44.png

I've got a screen with an overhead view of the castle in KA somewhere, but can't find it at the moment...

Haha, great findings. :)

Also, I did found an interesting sound clip in the RACEC2R0 folder (which stands for Races 3, Track 0) => Knightmare-athon.

The sound clip where i'm talking about is BOULDOOR.pcm, which could stand for "Boulder door", which is maybe the sound which would have played when you shot at the boulder door shortcut in the Lego Racers beta track Knightmare-athon. Who knows?

Now we're getting somewhere! Probably yes. What does it sound like?

A bit like this. It does sound like it has to be repeated after time, like a giant boulder that rolls to the left or something like that.

EDIT: Tried repeating it, but it kind of sucked, so my guess is that it is actually just an explosion.

• 9 months later...

I know that this thread is long dead, but just as an additional note, the boulder above the castle in Knightmare-athon has been removed in the PSOne version. Despite this, the funky texture at the end of the shortcut is still there.

• 1 month later...
Modded Lego

Why would they remove the boulder in the PSone version but not the PC version of the game? Was it because the PSone version came out after the PC version? :?:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.