Geology Of Planet U

Lair

gallery_47_16_13513.png

Here's inside Planet U. It seems rather... large... 20,000 miles? o.o

That's also a pretty big core. I mean it's not that big, but 7200 mines wide.

This brings up the question of how the Levels in LRR are alligned with all this. It seems absurd for Rocky Horror to be exactly at the center, though Chief says CLOSE TO, which still implies Inner Core. and the game adds in another layer to the mix...middle mantle or something?

1. What's your source for this?

2. Given that Planet U (based off the picture) has nearly twice the earth's diameter, it can be hypothesized that such a large solid planet could have more geological layers than earth does. I would imagine that either the RR's have some kind of anti-gravity device to reduce Planet U's gravity, or the planet is porous enough that its gravity would be similar to earth's (which would explain the numerous and expansive caverns).

3. Looking at the surface, it seems the planet has some desert continents (with edges that appear floral), surrounded by what looks like tundra or glaciers (how far away is planet U from the sun??) or perhaps a sea of some fluid mixture that may or may not contain a water-based solution.

4. Granite is a very hard rock; so if we made levels to reflect this, we'd need to make the majority of it with solid/hard rock.

1. What's your source for this?

2. Given that Planet U (based off the picture) has nearly twice the earth's diameter, it can be hypothesized that such a large solid planet could have more geological layers than earth does. I would imagine that either the RR's have some kind of anti-gravity device to reduce Planet U's gravity, or the planet is porous enough that its gravity would be similar to earth's (which would explain the numerous and expansive caverns).

3. Looking at the surface, it seems the planet has some desert continents (with edges that appear floral), surrounded by what looks like tundra or glaciers (how far away is planet U from the sun??) or perhaps a sea of some fluid mixture that may or may not contain a water-based solution.

4. Granite is a very hard rock; so if we made levels to reflect this, we'd need to make the majority of it with solid/hard rock.

2. hm...

3. Two pages later, the surface is shown as barren rock and lava. Race for Survival showed the true nature of Planet U's surface. Save the Spaceship was trying to do something with the surface, and I'm not sure what.

4. Level Idea lol.

The Earth has five layers too, so I do not see where you got the middle mantle.

Look at the level selection screen in the game. :|

A middle mantle has been therorized for earth, though it's sort of a fusion layer. Like this middle mantle.

Meh, last time I had a class about the geology of the earth, it had 3 layers. There was no inner/outer mantle or inner/outer core. But even so, what the theories say about each inner/outer layer aren't much different from each other. Planet U however has very distinctly different layers, with the surface being made up of various substances (like earth), then a hard dense rock in the outer mantle (pretty much like earth's supposedly), followed by a thick layer of EC rich rock (completely non-earthlike, unless there are giant floating crystals like what is in that one movie), the outer core is made up of magma (which wouldn't be much different from earth), and its inner core is made up of "LEGO Ore" which sounds to me like LEGO Ore is the new Iron. ;)

Doesn't the Mission Selection screen in the game contradict that picture? I mean, a whole layer made out of energy crystals?!? I think that if Planet U is that large in diameter, it must be immensely dotted with cave systems (which is plausible, given all the different caves in the game) so that its mass is similar to that of Earth's with a vastly different volume. The wiki page on Planet U talks about the different layers (crust, upper mantle, middle mantle, lower mantle, upper core, and inner core). Does anyone know the source of that information? It'd be obvious that the planet is very old and the mantle and much of the core have cooled and hardened to rock. And the wiki also states that the surface has Polar ice caps (with dotted lakes), lakes and rivers of lava, and geysers.

Doesn't the Mission Selection screen in the game contradict that picture? I mean, a whole layer made out of energy crystals?!? I think that if Planet U is that large in diameter, it must be immensely dotted with cave systems (which is plausible, given all the different caves in the game) so that its mass is similar to that of Earth's with a vastly different volume. The wiki page on Planet U talks about the different layers (crust, upper mantle, middle mantle, lower mantle, upper core, and inner core). Does anyone know the source of that information? It'd be obvious that the planet is very old and the mantle and much of the core have cooled and hardened to rock. And the wiki also states that the surface has Polar ice caps (with dotted lakes), lakes and rivers of lava, and geysers.

It didn't say the whole layer was made of crystals. They went to that layer in the book; It was rich, but still just lots of rock. I assume the Middle and Lower mantle were combined in the game. And hey, planet sizes in the Bionicle line are even more screwy than that.

I never heard of the surface having polar ice caps... certainly not in any book /:|

It didn't say the whole layer was made of crystals. They went to that layer in the book; It was rich, but still just lots of rock. I assume the Middle and Lower mantle were combined in the game. And hey, planet sizes in the Bionicle line are even more screwy than that.

I never heard of the surface having polar ice caps... certainly not in any book /:|

That certainly makes more sense. True, Spherus Magna is HUGE. But I always thought that biomechanical beings are strong enough to overcome the great gravitational pull. About the polar ice caps, I have no idea the source of that information, or if it is even valid, for that matter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.