LEGO.jam File Extractor

JrMasterModelBuilder

You've switched around Imperial Grand Prix and Dark Forest Dash :)

And yes, i tried renaming the track folders' name, and for some reason none of the tracks would work, so my guess is that there is some kind of protection mechanism built in.

About the bitmaps, I opened they with a hex editor and found out that they are indeed headerless. This makes it quite complicated, as you have the same problem as wirh the audio files, as these are also headerless. I tried opening them in any possible photoviewer, even Irfanview didn't open them. I'll do a bit research on this today and I'll report my findings here.

The tga files could be opened with Irfanview, so that rules out corruption due to extraction.

I swear I posted somewhere about using 11500Hz to get the original sound... Maybe I just said it all in chat and never posted it. :|

Yes the bitmaps are headerless, without that information no programs will open it.

Well couldn't we replace that header with the header of an image with similar dimensions?

Problem is that we do not even know how these images look like, even it's dimensions are unknown.

BMP files usually have a footer that has a secondary dimensional measurement...

Hmm, my guess is that these images don't even have a footer, but I'm not that good with these type of files, so i'm not sure. Let me find that out.

I was thinking that if these files can be read by the .exe then why can't someone take a look at how the .exe handles it?

Perhaps it has a list of headers/footers in it or something.

I was thinking that if these files can be read by the .exe then why can't someone take a look at how the .exe handles it?

Perhaps it has a list of headers/footers in it or something.

That would involve reverse engineering the exe.

So?

You don't have to tell people how something got done as long as it gets done in the long run.

No sonic, that's not how it works. Reverse engineering an exe is as illegal as decompiling one. That's why we can't and haven't done anything (much) with the LegoRR exe.

So?

You don't have to tell people how something got done as long as it gets done in the long run.

No sonic, that's not how it works. Reverse engineering an exe is as illegal as decompiling one. That's why we can't and haven't done anything (much) with the LegoRR exe.

But we wouldn't be doing to hack the game.

We would be doing it to fix and refine a "programming error" in the Lego.jam File Extractor.

I say the end justifies the means.

So?

But we wouldn't be doing to hack the game.

We would be doing it to fix and refine a "programming error" in the Lego.jam File Extractor.

I say the end justifies the means.

Regardless of intent or final product, it's still illegal. So no. No one's going to do it, and I'm sure you most certainly can't do it.

Reverse engineering an exe is as illegal as decompiling one.

Decompiling is a type of reverse engineering, kthxbai.

Also, it's not necessarily illegal (though distributing the results of the decompilation/disassembling/whatever is).

Also, using any form of RE would probably get us nowhere, seeing as the most common result is assembly code, from which it'd hardly be easier to extract file format information than from the images themselves.

It's always worth a try.

kthxbai

It won't make a difference I think, because the LegoRacers.exe is just a loader, and not the real executable.

JrMasterModelBuilder

I can't get the TUN files to open with the meathod for the PCM's, anyone else had any luck?

You've switched around Imperial Grand Prix and Dark Forest Dash :)

And yes, i tried renaming the track folders' name, and for some reason none of the tracks would work, so my guess is that there is some kind of protection mechanism built in.

About the bitmaps, I opened they with a hex editor and found out that they are indeed headerless. This makes it quite complicated, as you have the same problem as wirh the audio files, as these are also headerless. I tried opening them in any possible photoviewer, even Irfanview didn't open them. I'll do a bit research on this today and I'll report my findings here.

The tga files could be opened with Irfanview, so that rules out corruption due to extraction.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I was able to replace the RACEC0R0 folder with TEST folder by duplicating all the TEST.* files named RACEC0R0.* . The main files need to be named the same as the folder they are in. Doing this resulted in the opponent racers being on the dirt track and completing the race playing the winning music. I tried to get a video, but CamStudio didn't work worth a darn.

"Well couldn't we replace that header with the header of an image with similar dimensions?"

Problem is that we do not even know how these images look like, even it's dimensions are unknown.

More importantly, what kind of bitmap they are.

BMP files usually have a footer that has a secondary dimensional measurement...

Really? Every bitmap I've looked at just ends in hex: "00 00"

Hmm, my guess is that these images don't even have a footer, but I'm not that good with these type of files, so i'm not sure. Let me find that out.

Every LR BMP I've looked at ends in hex: "00 00"

It's always worth a try.

Reverse engineering an native executable is nigh on impossible.

"It won't make a difference I think, because the LegoRacers.exe is just a loader, and not the real executable." - AppliArt

Then where is the real executable?

On copies of LEGO Racers with SafeDisc V1 copy protection, the main executable decrypts the LegoRacers.icd file (the true executable with some of the bytes ciphered or something) then runs it. Versions that don't have copy protection run discless and don't have a .icd file. Off course, SafeDisc V1 copy protection can be removed. . .

.tun files can be opened the same way as the .pcm files, only you'll have to use a sample rate of 44100Hz. The main problem then is that you get noisy music, which I don't seem to understand why.

Tauka Usanake

I'm wondering on these header-less files, can't you just edit in the header after extraction? I have no knowledge of this but that would make the most sense to me.

I didn't read this topic much. Any word on the race tracks and if those are moddable?

I'm wondering on these header-less files, can't you just edit in the header after extraction? I have no knowledge of this but that would make the most sense to me.

I didn't read this topic much. Any word on the race tracks and if those are moddable?

They are moddable, once we get to know how to understand all these files. From my research, it seems that all tracks are divided in seperate pieces, along with one big collision file, which controls all of the collisions, ofcourse. One particular file (which's name I forgot), controls the tracks' shape, which what other cars need to follow, aswell as the teleport thingy.

About the bitmaps, as these headers are generated by the form and size of the images, it is hard to recreate these, as we don't know the right resolution, size, etc of these images.

Addictgamer

About the bitmaps, as these headers are generated by the form and size of the images, it is hard to recreate these, as we don't know the right resolution, size, etc of these images.

The game needs to know that info to use the bmp.

Maybe there's information in a central cfg file of sorts, or perhaps the model stores the properties of all its textures? Maybe it's even all hard coded?

The game needs to know that info to use the bmp.

Maybe there's information in a central cfg file of sorts, or perhaps the model stores the properties of all its textures? Maybe it's even all hard coded?

A bitmap cfg, interesting...

What format are the models in?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.