Trophies In Lego Racers 1

lol username

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I think we can come to the conclusion now that there is a 1999 version and a 2001 version. The 1999 version has copy protection and requires the disc, but it has the trophies. The 2001 version strangely doesn't have them, but it doesn't require the disc at all.

lol username

I think we can come to the conclusion now that there is a 1999 version and a 2001 version. The 1999 version has copy protection and requires the disc, but it has the trophies. The 2001 version strangely doesn't have them, but it doesn't require the disc at all.

Except Cirevam has the 2001 version and trophies... :/

I brought my LR1 disk from home to school, so I'm taking a look at that right now. The problem with this disk is that it's awfully scratched, so I might have problems installing it, but it is the original 1999 disk. I'll let you know as soon as I can confirm the EXE.

Edit: I just found out that I have a backed up installation with a 1999 EXE. I'm positive this is from my original disk. I'll compare the save files between this one and my 2001 version, because I think I may have migrated the save file when I got my second laptop. It would be interesting if the save file is the root of the trophy disappearance.

Double edit: I just confirmed that the save files are the same. Both have trophies. The EXEs are different, but the save file originated from a 1999 EXE game.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Well, there you go, case closed. There are two versions, one with trophies and one without.

Although, I wonder why they removed the trophies. Seems kind of pointless to me as to why they removed this small feature. I guess because they felt it wasn't necessary to keep track of an individual racer's Grand Prix status.

• 4 months later...
JrMasterModelBuilder

So could you guys upload the 1999 EXE file and play it with 2001 files?

or do you need the 1999 disk to play it with trophies? O_O

Not legaly I'm affraid.

@Modded Lego I'm looking for a 1999 copy too. ;)

The same night I was talking with rio about the no-JAM method, we talked about the trophies too. He also has an idea as to why it may have been removed from the 2001 version.

I don't have an analogy to compare it to. Sorry.

Rio thinks that the trophies were put into the game because the devs liked the idea. But the devs of the 2001 version didn't like it, so they removed it. But that still leaves us with the question of why they didn't like it.

I'm thinking that it may have been a beta item that was not removed by the launch date. So when the 2001 version was being built, they remembered that and removed it from the game.

• Like 1

I finnally got my hands on the old copy of Lego Racers 1 from 1999!!! :af: :af: :af:

Is there any way that I can get a copy of the Beta version of Lego Racers 1? :?:

Because then i could see all of the old stuff they ever created. :B

@Modded Lego Where did you find this 1999 copy? eBay? Bricklink? Where? And how much did you pay? Also, you know that the 1999 copy only has one design: Green with Rocket Racers face on it.

As for a beta copy, no. That it locked in the server farm at High Voltage and no IT will take it out and give it to fans, no matter how much we ask.

• Like 1

I checked it and it has the same graphics as you describe! :B

i got it from Bricklink for only TEN DOLLARS! And it's NEW! :lol:

Here is the llink: http://www.bricklink...p?q=lego+racers

Here is another link that talks more about it: http://www.bricklink...Item.asp?G=5704

I thought it was a pretty good deal. I checked it and it's a PERFECT COPY! :af:

And about the beta version, is there a way i could download it legally from somewhere else?

Even if i have the origional game?

@Modded Bricklink? Wow. I should have been checking there more.

No, you cannot legally download the beta copy anywhere even if you own the final version. High Voltage has the beta copies, and as I said, they will not relase it for a few fans, not for anything. Beta copies of games aren't released much, and if you found one, it would have had to been leaked from someone at High Voltage without them knowing. Besides, if there was one out there, it would have most likely been found by now.

• Like 1

Yeah pretty cool. I never knew there were any there either until I checked their site! And i checked the game, THERE ARE TROPHIES! I finished

one race and i got the trophie to come up. YES! :ilaser: so will you be buying Lego Racers from Bricklink? There are alot left, and don't worry about quality, there are no scratches or anything. It's completly a good deal. Hope you like the trophies as much as i am when you buy it. :af:

i just thought of something... ;)

if you can't get the beta version of lego racers then why are there screenshots of the beta version? :o

Did the beta testers realease the screenshots or did people play the version? :/

Here is the video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JQUER8XPLU

The whole thing makes my head spin. 8S

Early press releases to advertise the game and previews. And it's not like there's just one beta version, there's tons of various builds from when they first started to when they finalized the game, as with all video games.

• Like 1

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Do you know of anything else they changed? I do know of the copy protection and the full-size load screens (they shrank it to a box in the 2001 version), but do you know of any other differences that might exist?

i know that instead of bricks they had jewels for powerup pickups. :love:

If you want to see more go to this link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JQUER8XPLU

You know that's jamesster's video, right?

to mumboking: oh...well :gasp: i didn't know that. :P Thanks. 8S

to legoking831: I don't know that they have a version between 1999 and 2001? :S

does anybody know of a version between 1999 and 2001? ;)

Mr. Eight-Three-One

No, silly, I'm asking if they changed anything in the 2001 version other than the trophies, copy protection, and the load screens.

OHHH! :0 Gotcha! o) I haven't seen any new changes? D8

Except the things you have listed, but i'll keep playing and tell you any that I find. :E

@Modded Lego I'll be looking into buying a 1999 copy from Bricklink. My BDay is next month, so I'll see if I can get it after that.

@legoking831 Here are the known differences:

• Copy Protection
  • Trophies
  • Loading Screens
  • JAM Archive (My post with the pictures is where to start)

That last one and the trophies are good enough for me to buy a 1999 copy, even though I have a copy already (2001).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.