Why Can't Youtube Be More Like This Place?

Goob

I like this place. Reasons:

NO CPU hogging ads :rruftw:

We have the founder/admin(s) that actually care about the user's opinions. :rruftw:

We have a close relationship with the founder/admin(s) :rruftw:

Unfortunately, Youtube just doesn't want to follow those tracks.

Youtube is all about $_$ $_$ $_$ $_$ $_$ $_$

Gimme your feed back. Agree? Disagree?

I like this place.

So do I.

We have the founder/admin(s) that actually care about the user's opinions.

He hasn't taken up my "LET'S BURN MINECRAFT" or "LET'S BURN LEGO" ideas yet?

Australia is such a small country...

Youtube is all about $_$ $_$ $_$ $_$ $_$ $_$

Oh don't you worry, Cyrem is secretly syphioning all your bank accounts...

Was that good enough?

LET'S BURN MINECRAFT

:(

Youtube is MUCH MUCH MUCH ZILLIONS AND BILLIONS times larger than this incredibly small but close community of people who all have at least one thing in common: Rock Raiders

I think if you never played LRR and come accros to it now you wil not play/buy/download it and if you gonne play it (again) you mostly have played this game in your childhood.

Thanks for the compliments.

Firstly, I hate ads. They ruin the user experience they reduce loading times, clutter the design and as said on 'the social network' make a 'cool' site 'uncool'. But this is not to say it's never going to be on the table, if I'm at lack of funds I may be forced to do something.

Unfortunately when you go 'big' you lose that communication simply because the founder doesn't have time to be in with the community, they are busy running things so other people can be in the community. Also there is no 'heart' in corporate companies, just greedy stock holders trying to get everything they can before things go down and people getting told what to do.

Fortunately, RRU isn't a corporate company.

The only possibility of RRU becoming a company is when DDI (or some other game company) decides that remaking LRR or making a sequel to it would benefit from recruiting this forum (for ideas and/or cheaper labor)....

The only possibility of RRU becoming a company is when LEGO decides that remaking LRR or making a sequel to it would benefit from recruiting this forum (for ideas and/or cheaper labor)....

fix't, because LEGO own the rights to RR, not DDI.

Remember when you go to your youtube page and there wasn't an advertisement at the top of the page?

Remember when music videos were uploaded by users and not VEVO

Remember when there wasn't advertisements that never go away?

Remember you couldn't have a limit to favorites?

Remember the famous yellow subscribe button?

Remember when we could rate stars not like?

WE MISS THE OLD YOUTUBE!

Just a little comment I found.

Wait, there's a limit to favorites?

Yea, i do understand that YT is a corporate company. I need to donate some time.

O.T.

Why did i post this here? I meant to post this at the general discussion. Gad, i'm such a n0ob. :'(

Yea, i do understand that YT is a corporate company. I need to donate some time.

O.T.

Why did i post this here? I meant to post this at the general discussion. Gad, i'm such a n0ob. :'(

You did post it in general discussion, but I moved it since it's about this forum.

I like this place.

Me too =)

NO CPU hogging ads :rruftw:

Is called "adBlock plus" ;)

We have the founder/admin(s) that actually care about the user's opinions. :rruftw:

I don't think youTube cares about the incoming comments in the first place. That means that the mods over here are infinitely better! :D

I don't think I ever saw a youtube admin, so that's probably true

Unfortunately, Youtube just doesn't want to follow those tracks.

Youtube is all about $_$

duh. :P

There ya go

Also compare content. RRU's monthly bandwidth usage is nothing compared to any video hosting website.

I know, I'm comparing user friendliness to both sites. :B

Remember when you go to your youtube page and there wasn't an advertisement at the top of the page?Remember when music videos were uploaded by users and not VEVORemember when there wasn't advertisements that never go away?Remember you couldn't have a limit to favorites?Remember the famous yellow subscribe button?Remember when we could rate stars not like?WE MISS THE OLD YOUTUBE!
Just a little comment I found.Wait, there's a limit to favorites?

Yes there is a limit to favorites. You can't have any more than 200 favs. :'(

O.T.

You did post it in general discussion, but I moved it since it's about this forum.

Thank you for telling me that. *takes a breath*

I remember Youtube in August 2005; and it looked and acted exactly like this site. Not much flash (if any), no ads, ~1000 users. A few years later, people relized that there was a really cool video hosting site called Youtube.

The thing about facebook ads is that most are made by the users of facebook.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.