Rr2

Croza

Otherwise, open RR2.py in the game subdirectory (".../game/RR2.py") with python.exe which is found in the python directory (".../python/python.exe")

It's to show progress, and if you look you don't need to download the complete panda library - everything needed at the moment is in the .zip (hopefully) - like it says in the post. Admittedly the file is a bit on the larger size - but that's just the way it is at the moment (since py2exe doesnt work with my PC).

And, as it says in the file description, the main purpose of this is to demonstrate the .cfg system, and how it could later be modded (read all the descriptions, fool :P ).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Croza

• je007

• Phoenyx

• Anonymouse

More stuff done, walls are now smooth, as in there are corner tiles and stuff, and mining and second person camera stuff are also working. Here's a little video to show mining off:

(from thread 'RR2 vidz')

Update:

Here's a more recent video, finally there is something to do (moving and mining).

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cobPSdrbapM

This is looking good now. Save for the textures and scale, it looks like it could almost perfectly replicate LRR.

This is looking good now. Save for the textures and scale, it looks like it could almost perfectly replicate LRR.

And for most of the rest of the features, but it's getting there.

Addictgamer

I am very pleased to see you are putting time and effort into this project.

Congratulations, this is coming together :)

• 3 weeks later...

"python is not a recognized command, executable, or batch file"

Should I delete the python line in runX.bat or is there something else going on? I do have Python installed.

EDIT: Fixed that issue, but now it can't find the panda.PandaModules.py file. I installed Panda3D using the installer on the Panda3D site

EDIT2: Never mind...

"python is not a recognized command, executable, or batch file" Should I delete the python line in runX.bat or is there something else going on? I do have Python installed. EDIT: Fixed that issue, but now it can't find the panda.PandaModules.py file. I installed Panda3D using the installer on the Panda3D site EDIT2: Never mind...

Everything working now? :P

There's just been a little update that makes things a bit more fun, you can now select units, move them, and walls 'drop' their resources when mined.

The flying crystals/ore will be dealt with in the next update.

"python is not a recognized command, executable, or batch file" Should I delete the python line in runX.bat or is there something else going on? I do have Python installed. EDIT: Fixed that issue, but now it can't find the panda.PandaModules.py file. I installed Panda3D using the installer on the Panda3D site EDIT2: Never mind...

There's just been a little update that makes things a bit more fun, you can now select units, move them, and walls 'drop' their resources when mined.

Everything's working now.

You updated the pre-alpha on the download pages since my last post? Or should I download it from the repository?

EDIT: Repository gives me a 404 error...

Everything's working now.

You updated the pre-alpha on the download pages since my last post? Or should I download it from the repository?

EDIT: Repository gives me a 404 error...

ah, try this repository https://github.com/croza/RR2

ah, try this repository https://github.com/croza/RR2

I can't download it via SVN. I keep getting the following error in Tortoise: "OPTIONS of 'https://github.com/croza/RR2': 200 OK (https://github.com)"

EDIT: I just downloaded it as a zip. Any chance you might post an SVN link so that the files can auto-update?

EDIT 2: It's giving me a ton of errors. Something about not being able to load textures.

EDIT 3: It's needing a file called selected.png, which doesn't exist.

EDIT: I just downloaded it as a zip. Any chance you might post an SVN link so that the files can auto-update?

EDIT 2: It's giving me a ton of errors. Something about not being able to load textures.

GIT is similar enough to SVN that i'm sticking with it for now (there are ways of auto updating with GIT, using GIT bash, if your interested, have a look here)

Ah again, that's because I didn't commit the new texture, I shall do that now. :)

Edit:

All done ^_^

You can download the texture by browsing to data/models/game/selected.png and placing it the the same folder of your own version

Finally got it to work. Unfortunately the units aren't following orders and won't move if I tell them to go somewhere.

Are you using right click to move?

Finally got it to work. Unfortunately the units aren't following orders and won't move if I tell them to go somewhere.

Are you using right click to move?

Oh, it's like DoW2 where you have to right click to move...

EDIT: I just tried that, it works pretty well. I can't wait for mining and units to be added.

EDIT2: I tested the converter, it's apparently broken. Lines 183 and 25 are causing errors.

EDIT2: I tested the converter, it's apparently broken. Lines 183 and 25 are causing errors.

That could mean quite a lot of things... Did you have all of the .map files?

And if so, they all need to be called as stated in the above link, not 'Surf_24.map' but rather 'Surf.map'

And if so, they all need to be called as stated in the above link, not 'Surf_24.map' but rather 'Surf.map'

I made the map in Map Creator, so everything is set. It seems to be calling an error about the way the "cannot find map files" error is called.

I made the map in Map Creator, so everything is set. It seems to be calling an error about the way the "cannot find map files" error is called.

Hmm, odd...

I would suggest making sure that the directory you entered into the converter is correct, and that it has a '/' at the end, and if that isn't working, open mapConverter.py with notepad and replace it with this file

Hmm, odd...

I would suggest making sure that the directory you entered into the converter is correct, and that it has a '/' at the end, and if that isn't working, open mapConverter.py with notepad and replace it with this file

The patch you gave me made it worse. Now it's giving a syntax error at line 22, though one that would be easy to correct. Permission to try and repair the file? I don't know much at all about Python but it could give me a chance to learn.

EDIT: Never mind... It was wanting the full path in the first place.

• 1 month later...

After having a break for a while the project is back on track - a nice untextured LEGO model to show for it, as well as priorities :D

It's great to see you return. The priorities was an unexpected improvement, so nice work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.