Should I Get Lego Racers 2?

Pyro

It's good, though there aren't any normal speed boosters like LR1 has. The drill just doesn't cut it.

THe drill is awesome because you can glitch underwater.

What, there's no mega-rockets or teleports? Pfft, no way I'm buying it now.

Oh my goodness, you can't do crazy speed things, that game is stupid and horrible, forget that the rest of it is awesome it's the worse game in the world!

[/sarcasm]

Again. Get this game. It's win.

JrMasterModelBuilder

This game was awesome! I've probably spent more time playing this game that any other (except maybe LEGO Racers 1). The 2 player was, without doubt, my favorite part. Glitching out of bounds is fun too. The only thing I found disappointing was that the non-boss enemy racers all drive roughly the same. But for the price you can get it these days, it's well worth it.

Well, there are some mixed feelings about LR2. I think it's great: A decent story, you can explore a large environment (FOUR of 'em!), a la Diddy Kong Racing, And, like in LR1, you can BUILD ANY CAR YOU WANT!! Although you'll have to keep it for that world...

In my opinion, if you can find it, get it.

• 3 weeks later...

LR2 is a bit of a trade off. Lego Racers is a classic and its gameplay setup is flawless. Lego Racers 2 gives you tons more pieces and customizability for your cars and driver minifigs, and also has some nice open world environments sort of sandbox style with secret golden bricks and challenges to find and what not. Cars will lose pieces as they take damage (to the point of having to run with your minifig when its completely broke until you get to a pitstop), which is a nice dynamic. The trade off here is that the actual racing gameplay is a bit more dodgy. All the items are now randomly picked up mario kart style and the items themselves aren't all that great compared to the original and are again somewhat derivative of mariokart, though the debrickerizer and the bubble bomb are pretty fun, and the rest aren't bad. Graphically its a bit more detailed but less cartoony. It's definitely worth getting, just keep the differences between the two in mind. (Heck, even Drome Racers wasn't that bad even though you couldn't build your own cars which was kind of dumb).

• 1 year later...

I thought that I was a lot of fun and that u should get the game! Like prob the most coolest thing bout LR2 is that the tracks weren't half bad

It's amazing except for one crippling flaw: The AI is too easy.

Still, if you find a way to reduce your intelligence (ethanol consumption?), the other factors of the game shine.

Edit: Oh gad. I just realized this was a poorly bumped thread. Ehh... not my fault.

Fluffy Cupcake

It's amazing except for one crippling flaw: The AI is too easy.
Uhuh. All you need pretty much is one power and the CPU will be too easy (for me at least)... except for Rocket Racer, those who saw my LP ending will know how that went. (still won in the end though because how it kept giving the shockwave weapon)

Btw, this topic should be in the LR2 section, not LR...

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased this in a 2-pack with LEGO Racers 1, and I will say, I was disappointed in its lackluster effort for being a LEGO video game. I played it 5 times and I could not get into the vibe. I do not recommend LEGO Racers 2.

I'm tossed up between recommending it and not recommending it. On one hand, it's one of only a handful of racing games with some RPG elements. It's also, well, fun. One of the things I did was try and see how much I can break the tracks by taking ultra shortcuts and generally ignoring the course radar. Turns out almost every stretch between checkpoints potentially has a shortcut. Plus, multiplayer is a lot better than LR1.

On the other hand, the AI is abysmal. The AI cars only travel in one shared path as though they were on rails. Also, the vehicle builder is not as good as LR1's, and the game only has five venues (to use F-Zero terms). I know that there were only a limited number of themes at the time, but I'm sure they could have subdivided the themes into multiple locations.

I guess I have to give this game a 50% recommendation. It's a bit of a niche game and isn't for everyone, but if you're a hard-core LEGO game fan it's one of the stronger titles.

I highly recommend this game, It's the best lego game in the series. But the weird thing is that the AI Kicks my butt when I play! I am good, it's just that they shoot those stupid homing missles all the time! :rf: But then I get my revenge with the blow up brick powerup! :smug:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.