Ore

Pyro

Also, I like how you allcaps words as if you think I'm too stupid to know plastics are organic and not metal.

Which is why plastic can't come from ore, which is a metal + its impurities (which are also non-organic).

Also, I like how you allcaps words as if you think I'm too stupid to know plastics are organic and not metal.
Which is why plastic can't come from ore, which is a metal + its impurities (which are also non-organic).

Ahem.

It's made of some kind of metal/stone material that can be refined into plastic, conductors and other things.
Plastics are NOT made of METAL. Plastics are made of polymers which are are made of multiple monomers which are most commonly strings of carbon and hydrogen, i.e. NON-METALS.
I didn't say the plastic was made of metal. I said whatever's in the ore can be refined into plastic. No one ever said what kind of plastic. The base of the buildings could be anything, the plastic buildings themselves are teleported in.And there's all sorts of Plastics in Lego World: Lego people/animals appear to be made from some plastic that's organic enough to be flesh.Also, I like how you allcaps words as if you think I'm too stupid to know plastics are organic and not metal.

You just reaffirmed my own point.

Beginning:

It's made of some kind of metal/stone material that can be refined into plastic, conductors and other things.

End:

You just stated that you can get plastic from metal/stone, which is half false in that you can't get plastics from metals. Stone is also made of non-organic materials which may or may not be metals (such as earth-alkaline metals), making the other half of your statement also false.

You just reaffirmed my own point.

Beginning:

End:

You just stated that you can get plastic from metal/stone, which is half false in that you can't get plastics from metals. Stone is also made of non-organic materials which may or may not be metals (such as earth-alkaline metals), making the other half of your statement also false.

His point was that, is the LEGO universe, plastics make up both organic and non-organic materials. Furthermore, your point is moot, because no matter you look at it, we get plastic from ore.

You two, quit bickering about plastics and metals. It's lego universe. No wonder those lego universe characters were looking for pure imagination. I mean seriously.

You just reaffirmed my own point.Beginning:

End:

Ahem.

Plastics are NOT made of METAL. Plastics are made of polymers which are are made of multiple monomers which are most commonly strings of carbon and hydrogen, i.e. NON-METALS.
I didn't say the plastic was made of metal. I said whatever's in the ore can be refined into plastic. No one ever said what kind of plastic. The base of the buildings could be anything, the plastic buildings themselves are teleported in.And there's all sorts of Plastics in Lego World: Lego people/animals appear to be made from some plastic that's organic enough to be flesh.Also, I like how you allcaps words as if you think I'm too stupid to know plastics are organic and not metal.

I've had to repeat myself twice. I don't know where you get "both halves of my statement are false". I've repeated myself twice now. The ore is made of some kind of metals and materials that can be refined into some kinds of plastics and whatever power paths are made out of.

I've had to repeat myself twice. I don't know where you get "both halves of my statement are false". I've repeated myself twice now. The ore is made of some kind of metals and materials that can be refined into some kinds of plastics and whatever power paths are made out of.

Exactly; there might be organic components in ore, or maybe 'plastic' in the LEGO universe is made of non-organic components. You're being quite stubborn here, Amauros.

Heck, who even said the buildings had to be made of plastic?

Ore doesn't have anything in it to make plastics with. Plastics are made from biomaterials which are not ores. Simple as that. If you're getting plastic materials from those brown blobs in LRR, then the term "ore" is being used incorrectly. It would be more correct to call them coal, because then you at least have biomaterial to make into plastic. The same is true for rubber, which would be needed for making lego tires. Which leaves only the motors and conductors you need for vehicles, buildings, lights, etc that would need anything from an "ore." That means you need iron and/or gold/silver/copper/aluminum.

The powerpath would need halides to glow, which are binary compounds between metals and halogens. A good halide for the powerpaths would be CuCl2, which would glow blue when power is run through it... but again I say the fact that powerpaths glow in the first place is purely aesthetic and wouldn't be beneficial in anyway to the RR's.

..Alright, I'm breaking this down.

1. Ore doesn't have anything in it to make plastics with.

2. Plastics are made from biomaterials which are not ores. Simple as that.

3. If you're getting plastic materials from those brown blobs in LRR, then the term "ore" is being used incorrectly. It would be more correct to call them coal, because then you at least have biomaterial to make into plastic. The same is true for rubber, which would be needed for making lego tires.

4. Which leaves only the motors and conductors you need for vehicles, buildings, lights, etc that would need anything from an "ore." That means you need iron and/or gold/silver/copper/aluminum.

5. The powerpath would need halides to glow, which are binary compounds between metals and halogens. A good halide for the powerpaths would be CuCl2, which would glow blue when power is run through it... but again I say the fact that powerpaths glow in the first place is purely aesthetic and wouldn't be beneficial in anyway to the RR's.

1. There's one problem with that: We see the ore go into the Refinery and turn into building studs.

2. And repeating myself a THIRD time:

I didn't say the plastic was made of metal. I said whatever's in the ore can be refined into plastic. No one ever said what kind of plastic. The base of the buildings could be anything, the plastic buildings themselves are teleported in.And there's all sorts of Plastics in Lego World: Lego people/animals appear to be made from some plastic that's organic enough to be flesh.
The universe of Lego is full of plastics. Therefore, some type of plastic can be made from whatever ore it is. ALSO, the ore goes into the BASE of the buildings, not the buildings themselves. And the bases just look like gray plastic-metal-ish foundations. So the type of "plastic" here is getting SOME of itself from ore. Note that it's refines in a big building with whoknowswhat in it.

3. See 2. Also, coal is associated with burning fuel, so why would they be called "coal"? Ore is building material. Which is what these are. And what do tires have to do with this? The only time tires are even assoiated with ore is when you upgrade the small digger, and those don't even spin.

4. There's just one issue here... these buildings, vehicles, lights, and etcs... they're all made from plastic!

5. The power paths glow because they're transmitting energy. And SciFi effects are cool. End of story.

6:

Furthermore, your point is moot, because no matter you look at it, we get plastic from ore.

You two, quit bickering about plastics and metals. It's lego universe. No wonder those lego universe characters were looking for pure imagination. I mean seriously.

Ore doesn't have anything in it to make plastics with. Plastics are made from biomaterials which are not ores. Simple as that. If you're getting plastic materials from those brown blobs in LRR, then the term "ore" is being used incorrectly. It would be more correct to call them coal, because then you at least have biomaterial to make into plastic. The same is true for rubber, which would be needed for making lego tires. Which leaves only the motors and conductors you need for vehicles, buildings, lights, etc that would need anything from an "ore." That means you need iron and/or gold/silver/copper/aluminum.

The powerpath would need halides to glow, which are binary compounds between metals and halogens. A good halide for the powerpaths would be CuCl2, which would glow blue when power is run through it... but again I say the fact that powerpaths glow in the first place is purely aesthetic and wouldn't be beneficial in anyway to the RR's.

If coal is a bio-material and can be found underground, maybe there's coal in ore. Just because one of the many materials inside is a bio-material, you can't whine about it being called ore.

But in any case, it's not really that important; ore is just a generic substance you use to make stuff, like you use ECs for powering everything. The devs aren't going to bother to make everything perfectly scientific and plausible; if that were the case, we wouldn't have giant slugs or monsters made out of solid rock, and the drilling vehicles would be extremely slow cylinders that require tons of rock to be shipped out.

I think you've all forgotten the part where Lego men are made of plastic but are also alive and can combine non-living bricks with themselves as shown in games like Lego Island (unless that was already covered). Obviously, Lego plastic is not the same as real-world plastic. We don't make buildings and cars out of human flesh, but that doesn't mean that Legos can't, so stop using real-world logic as arguments until someone synthesizes organisms from petroleum. Yes, this is a challenge to destroy my logic. Show me the papers detailing the creation of a living being made FROM petroleum or other fossil fuels and I'll concede the point. Plus, it would help us figure out a viable stance in this topic.

so stop using real-world logic as arguments until someone synthesizes organisms from petroleum.

Darpa is trying to engineer synthetic organisms. We can already synthesize organic byproducts or derivatives of them (such as penicillin); we've even synthesized "primordial soup". Now Darpa is trying to synthesize living cells that are engineered to do specific functions and contain an auto-selfdestruct mechanism (such as a bacteria that will eat oil from an oil-spill and then die when there's no oil left to eat).

I'm not saying that they're being synthesized from petroleum or that they've even succeeded in synthesizing a living thing, but they are trying.

http://futurismic.com/2010/02/08/blue-sky-bioengineering-on-the-darpa-drawing-board/

so stop using real-world logic as arguments until someone synthesizes organisms from petroleum.

Darpa is trying to engineer synthetic organisms. We can already synthesize organic byproducts or derivatives of them (such as penicillin); we've even synthesized "primordial soup". Now Darpa is trying to synthesize living cells that are engineered to do specific functions and contain an auto-selfdestruct mechanism (such as a bacteria that will eat oil from an oil-spill and then die when there's no oil left to eat).

I'm not saying that they're being synthesized from petroleum or that they've even succeeded in synthesizing a living thing, but they are trying.

http://futurismic.com/2010/02/08/blue-sky-bioengineering-on-the-darpa-drawing-board/

So we can create organisms that eat oil. That doesn't mean we can make them from oil. LEGO works differently from the real world.

So it shouldn't be called ore. Who cares!? It gets the point across, and it's more or less realistic. You're whining about what is purely a matter of semantics.

1. So we can create organisms that eat oil. That doesn't mean we can make them from oil. LEGO works differently from the real world.

2. So it shouldn't be called ore. Who cares!? It gets the point across, and it's more or less realistic. You're whining about what is purely a matter of semantics.

1. Organisms are made of proteins, which are strings of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, and sometimes sulfur. Petroleum is made up of mixtures of hydrocarbons... which are strings of carbon and hydrogen. Just add some N and O to the mix and create a reaction, and you have the fundamental building blocks of life.

2. I care and quite adamant about it.

2. So it shouldn't be called ore. Who cares!? It gets the point across, and it's more or less realistic. You're whining about what is purely a matter of semantics.

2. I care and quite adamant about it.

I don't see exactly WHAT you're "adamant" about. It's ore. It's called ore. We mine it. We refine it. We build from the ore and refined materials. What's the issue here?

And why SHOULDN'T it be called ore? That's what it is.

Wikipeadia

An ore is a type of rock that contains minerals with important elements including metals. The ores are extracted through mining; these are then refined to extract the valuable element(s). An economic definition is: Ore is a mineral that can be mined at a profit.

An ore is a type of rock that contains minerals with important elements including metals. The ores are extracted through mining; these are then refined to extract the valuable element(s). An economic definition is: Ore is a mineral that can be mined at a profit.

Ore is mined and used for construction and purchase of buildings and upgrades.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.