Orr-C About

Addictgamer

gallery_3_100_1036.png

What is it?

FreeRR, now named Open Rock Raiders, is a free, open source, Rock Raiders remake. For a features list, I suggest reading the design docs, read on for link.

ORR-C will differ greatly from RR. If you want something that is strict to the book, then play ORR-D. It aims to first recreate RR, then build off of that.

Just how does ORR-C differ so greatly? It aims to be a world simulation. Think of Dwarf Fortress. Or, if you don't know what that is, I guess you can think of minecraft.

How you guys can contribute.

Well, you, the community need to help with the proggramming, level design, graphics, sounds, game suggestions, etc...

Where do you begin? If you want to help, see if you can find anything that we need help with. If you don't find anything you can help out with, send me a PM. I'll try to find something for you if we need help in the certain field you can provide help in.

Download a release

Check the downloads forum for that.

Progress

Check the status here. Yes, I DO update it from time to time.

ETA of the next ORR release can be found in my signature.

Links

The website for ORR is here: http://orr.rotw.ca/

You can also find a link to the source repository (or whatever it's called) on that website.

Wiki page.

You should check this page (click this text) daily for updates.

The todo can now be found in the repo. (Click here, you lazy, lazy dev.)

There is a podcast for ORR. Click here

Screenshots, videos, etc

Can be accessed off of the website.

NOTE: Read this: before posting your ideas and suggestions.

Any and all help no matter the form will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

~ addictgamer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.