• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonic322

• Tracker

• Cirevam

• Lair

Ulinks

What are these Ulinks you keep talking about.

"Ulinks" like in, planet U. you now that we earthlinks are called earthlinks becose we comes from Earth. then the "Ulinks" are called "Ulinks" becose they comes from planet U. And "no, i could not have called them someting else, becose what else could i have called them that have "U" in it.

I thought of something else when posting in the Purple Crystals topic. I'll copy what I said there then continue with my points.

I find it odd that the most powerful crystals amongst the two games are red, and the least powerful are purple, with green in between. As you know, purple light and red light are the boundaries of the visible spectrum, with purple having the most energy and red having the least... what? Shouldn't it be the opposite? Do the colors mean that the crystal is dumping too much energy, which makes them unsafe to use? Maybe if the crystals used some sort of magnetic field, we could compare them to magnets. Purple means no magnetism, red means perfect magnetism. A Recharge Seam is nothing more than a huge permanent magnet that remagnetizes the crystals, effectively recharging them.

As for the energy contained within, think about this. Does a magnet ever "run out" of magnetism? If you set up a bunch of permanent magnets right in an isolated system, you can place a ferromagnetic material between all of them and it will never drop. That is, unless something disturbs the system. Magnets have been used in perpetual motion concepts for precisely this reason. Like gravity, they never run out. Perhaps the Rock Raiders figured out how to use a free-standing magnet to power something. If that's the case, it answers many questions but raises others.

+ It makes long-range space travel feasible.

+ It becomes much easier to find these crystals as all you have to do is look for planets with unnatural spatters of magnetic fields.

- Why would monsters eat magnets?

- How do slugs demagnetize the crystals?

Cire and I are thinking along the same lines here. The liquid inside the crystals would them either be magnetically induced plasma OR heavily ionized gas, compressed to liquid form, and highly magnetic.

Answer 1) The monsters bodily functions are HEAVILY based upon electrical nerve pulses, not unlike those found in humans. Due to their physical composition, they need an adequate source of power that can magnetize their internal organs, and possibly even a specific type of "heart" that needs this type of charge to make their limbs move, or holds them, slowly using the charge up.

Answer 2) The slug's body is also electrical based, but instead of acting as a bio-generator, the slug's body is like a bio-battery. It uses a current generated by its organs (like an electric eel) to create a powerful circuit between its jaws. When the circuit closes, the slug drains the crystal's energy like a battery, and stores it in special glands in its back that act as natural batteries. Since crystals appear to be functioning as electromagnets, when they lose electricity, they lose magnetism. The slug can siphon electricity from any source using this method.

I was talking about the power station using a small reactor.

Lithium bombarded with nutrons will release tritium. All you need is a source. Fusion, fission, or decay, take your pick.

The "Ulink" scientist made the energy crystal seed by turning energy into a fast material that generate more energy, and thes more energy thes larger the crystal gets. the crystal is like a reactor, but if it gets its energy drained to fast, it is dead, and must be re-carted. The re-cart crystal is one of the bigger crystals with have some small cracks in it, if a drained crystal is close to it, the energy that the bigger crystal is leaving out will go to the smaller crystal.

My theory is tritium and "flourecent litmus" for the crystals, a small fusion reactor for the power stations, and decay heat and steam engines for the vehcles.

And my counter for the short post complaint:

Brevity is the art of wit.

-William Shakespeare

I've removed the stupid poll as it generated no good and your discussions bring up lots better things, and really this should be more group effort and logical thinking. You're welcome.

Perhaps a new poll should be made with the more logical theories discussed as the voting options.

Perhaps I should repeat myself.

I've removed the stupid poll as it generated no good and your discussions bring up lots better things, and really this should be more group effort and logical thinking. You're welcome.

Perhaps a new poll should be made with the more logical theories discussed as the voting options.

Perhaps I should repeat myself.

Then why don't you make a smart poll for once.

Make a poll with these so called "better things" you mentioned as voting options instead.

We don't need a poll, we need speculation. A poll would just limit how people think (if they even cared about it) and this is a Wild Mass Guessing thread. You can't have both until the people decide on a few plausible ideas, and then you can have a poll to decide what the community thinks. No matter the outcome, it's all fan speculation, so it means absolutely nothing in terms of the LRR universe.

Also, this isn't your thread, so stop nagging Lair to make a poll.

I guess that you all just have put my theory on the "stupid theory" storage. I mean way do you all think that the energy crystals are natural? it is inpossible. how can energy be created from nature. and have you all just never thinked that planet U was like a twin Earth before the great disaster? And don`t answer hars on this comment.

1 I guess that you all just have put my theory on the "stupid theory" storage.

2 I mean way do you all think that the energy crystals are natural?

3 it is inpossible. how can energy be created from nature.

4 and have you all just never thinked that planet U was like a twin Earth before the great disaster?

1, I was making a smartass response to Lair in my second post in response to his smartass post. I had no intention of offending you or anyone else by that.

2, as a science fiction, there is a level of "reality" used to make it. Science fiction generally has unreal things explained with scientific possibilities (which can later be proved true/false). You could look at Star Trek and call it all fantasy, but today we have lasers, quantum teleportation, true 3D imaging (though primitive) and even plausible warp theories.

3 Actually it is possible. For one thing, there are processes where you can gain more energy than you put in (Google National Ignition Facility). Secondly, a near endless supply of energy is being radiated from U's sun and therefore planet U can naturally produce something that could store it. Thirdly, we can make up a brand new type of energy that is present on planet U and develops naturally in planet U's crystals.

4 by "the great disaster" do you mean the Biblical flood? No I don't. I think of a planet the size of Neptune that has a low gravity due to a small core and lots and lots of catacombs.

1 I guess that you all just have put my theory on the "stupid theory" storage.

2 I mean way do you all think that the energy crystals are natural?

3 it is inpossible. how can energy be created from nature.

4 and have you all just never thinked that planet U was like a twin Earth before the great disaster?

1, I was making a smartass response to Lair in my second post in response to his smartass post. I had no intention of offending you or anyone else by that.

2, as a science fiction, there is a level of "reality" used to make it. Science fiction generally has unreal things explained with scientific possibilities (which can later be proved true/false). You could look at Star Trek and call it all fantasy, but today we have lasers, quantum teleportation, true 3D imaging (though primitive) and even plausible warp theories.

3 Actually it is possible. For one thing, there are processes where you can gain more energy than you put in (Google National Ignition Facility). Secondly, a near endless supply of energy is being radiated from U's sun and therefore planet U can naturally produce something that could store it. Thirdly, we can make up a brand new type of energy that is present on planet U and develops naturally in planet U's crystals.

4 by "the great disaster" do you mean the Biblical flood? No I don't. I think of a planet the size of Neptune that has a low gravity due to a small core and lots and lots of catacombs.

planet U is that planet with the catacombs, But i meant that it was an Earth twin for many years before rock riders. and the great disaster was that made planet U into the low life planet we now about.

how can energy be created from nature.

Your theories aren't stupid, but this sentence is the least intelligent thing you have ever said. Go outside and look at a plant. It uses the sun for food production. An animal can eat the plant and take its energy. A human can eat either the plant or the animal for energy. If that doesn't convince you, we've figured out how to convert sunlight into electricity. Obviously, sunlight (nature) is energy.

I've been trying to search for natural crystals with any type of locked-in energy, be it piezoelectric or chemical, but all I find is BS spiritual healing sites or things that aren't natural. I know I've seen some type of rock with tiny spikes all over it where charge can jump across and create a very subtle glow, or something similar, so I'm trying to find that. As for magnetic crystals, I've found a few relevant results, including some interesting articles on biomagnetism. Here's two for thought:

http://www.ehow.com/about_6504639_magnetism-crystals.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081216201412.htm

I doubt they'll be very useful for our conversation, but you may like to read them.

Keywords to use if you're searching for "glowing" crystals would be phosphorescence and fluorescence. But like Cirevam said, there's a lot of fantastic stuff out there that aren't relevant to what we need for scientific backing.

As for crystals that can produce power, it would need to be either a pyroelectric or thermoelectric crystal. This would somewhat make sense since you might be able to "heat" the crystals till they became a fluid and the ionic fluid would carry the charge (that would be generated from heating the crystals) throughout the power conduits of the LMS explorer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.