How Are Crystals Formed

Lair

Another, more down to Earth theory exists. Tritium. It emits high energy electrons. I hope I don't have to explain what an electron is, do I? Keep in mind tritium is hydrogen, so it can react with a phosphor in the crystal, changing its color. The electrons excite it and it emits light. They also can deflected by a strong electric or magnetic field.

Tritium, wonderful tritium...

H3 is radioactive but I don't believe it would be reactive enough to power a several gigawatt laser, but who knows, maybe the RRs found a way to harvest this.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonic322

• Tracker

• Cirevam

• Lair

Maybe the lasers use a process where the crystal is forced to... what's the word for "let off much more radiation than it should"? Regardless of the word, it explains why crystals lose their charge when being used in a laser and not in a building, but it doesn't explain how they're recharged. After being used for enough laser shots, the radiation would be mostly, if not completely, gone. How would one re-radiate a crystal?

THROUGH A RECHARGE SEAM!!! :af:

Yes, It's all so clear now...

So what would happen if a Rock Raider was exposed to crystals for too long?

AIDS.

Eh, we know from the Legoland videos that simply touching a crystal to a vehicle's "power recepticle" will start it up. As for the glow, the only thing I can think of is a different kind of Cherenkov radiation. When the slug was draining the crystal in one of the videos, it seemed to flux between "slurps". Crystal backwash? The actuall crystal seems to be a two way semiconductor, but only to certian things. Who knows. Maybe DDI does.

Edit: as much as I don't like the idea of crystals being radioactive, the Lego people are plastic. Another thing, the crystals seem to resonate like glass when are knocked aginst something. They raiders are also reluctant to want to drop one. Does this mean that they would shatter if they were hit hard enough? They also seem to be very large, yet light enough to throw around and list with one arm. Low density? Monsters physically eat crystals, so either their jaws possess tremendous munching power, or they crack and shatter under stress. Things glow in nature under black (ultraviolet) light, and we really don't have any information on what these could possible be made out of. The recharge seams could be infinite, or the devs just hand waved it out of simplicity.

I belive the energy crystals was created by the Rock monsters ancestors (the elemental beings) but when the mysterious disaster that made the elemental beings to the monsters they are now, the young energy crystal fall down a crack on the ground, the energy crystal then began to grow like a seed, and then many years later when the energy crystal now a large main crystal that had made even more energy crystals grow over the planet. It had enough energy to power a whole planet, but then some rock monsters found the the main crystal, and sadly cracked it open. exposing the whole planet U in radiation, mutating many of the planets other creatures into some of the creatures that the RR encountered on their mining on planet U.

I believe the energy crystals was created by the Rock monsters ancestors (the elemental beings) but when the mysterious disaster that made the elemental beings to the monsters they are now, the young energy crystal fall down a crack on the ground, the energy crystal then began to grow like a seed, and then many years later when the energy crystal now a large main crystal that had made even more energy crystals grow over the planet. It had enough energy to power a whole planet, but then some rock monsters found the the main crystal, and sadly cracked it open. exposing the whole planet U in radiation, mutating many of the planets other creatures into some of the creatures that the RR encountered on their mining on planet U.

Some questions:
  • How would the monsters make the crystals?
  • What is an elemental being?
  • How can a crystal grow?
  • If the planet could support life before then why would it need the crystal to power it?
  • The radiation would kill the spiders, bats, snakes, scorpions, slugs and any other organic creature on the planet.

I believe the energy crystals was created by the Rock monsters ancestors (the elemental beings) but when the mysterious disaster that made the elemental beings to the monsters they are now, the young energy crystal fall down a crack on the ground, the energy crystal then began to grow like a seed, and then many years later when the energy crystal now a large main crystal that had made even more energy crystals grow over the planet. It had enough energy to power a whole planet, but then some rock monsters found the the main crystal, and sadly cracked it open. exposing the whole planet U in radiation, mutating many of the planets other creatures into some of the creatures that the RR encountered on their mining on planet U.

Some questions:
  • If the planet could support life before then why would it need the crystal to power it?
  • The radiation would kill the spiders, bats, snakes, scorpions, slugs and any other organic creature on the planet.

1. Through advanced processes. If they had the technology...

2. Uh... what do you think? A being of element? aka these monsters...

3. Radioactive? Don't they already glow?

4. If a remote control could work a TV why would it need a battery to power it? Of course that might be after it became unable to support life on it's own (red giant anyone?)

5. Maybe not...

FIRST:

Do you think they'd have wasted time writing a backstory if it was never released?

LASTLY:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GreenRocks

All i'm sayin' anymore on this topic.

FIRST:

Do you think they'd have wasted time writing a backstory if it was never released?

LASTLY:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GreenRocks

All i'm sayin' anymore on this topic.

FIRST:

We're a bunch of nerds with nothing more to do.

Some questions:

1. Through advanced processes. If they had the technology...

2. Uh... what do you think? A being of element? aka these monsters...

3. Radioactive? Don't they already glow?

4. If a remote control could work a TV why would it need a battery to power it? Of course that might be after it became unable to support life on it's own (red giant anyone?)

5. Maybe not...

1. I guess that makes sense.
  2. But that wouldn't explain how all of them were turned into the same type of 'rock' monster (By same type I mean how there are only 3 types of monsters when there are 100+ elements.)
  3. They glow but how would they grow?
  4. You can't use technology like that to explain how a planet supports life because it doesn't apply correctly in the scenario.
  5. That is a really slim maybe Liar.

1. But that wouldn't explain how all of them were turned into the same type of 'rock' monster (By same type I mean how there are only 3 types of monsters when there are 100+ elements.)
  2. They glow but how would they grow?
  3. You can't use technology like that to explain how a planet supports life because it doesn't apply correctly in the scenario.

1) In this context, the elements used would be those of nature. These almost always include earth, wind, fire, and water, but can extend into lighting, ice, and other variants of the first four. Using the periodic elements as monster types would be quite interesting...

2) Real crystals grow. I'm not going to look up any of the specific processes, but if Energy Crystals have a crystalline molecular structure, then they would likely have been grown like real-world crystals. And yes, real-world crystals can be synthesized and grown at high speeds.

3) I have to agree. Lair's argument is a bit murky here.

Maybe the lasers use a process where the crystal is forced to... what's the word for "let off much more radiation than it should"? Regardless of the word, it explains why crystals lose their charge when being used in a laser and not in a building, but it doesn't explain how they're recharged. After being used for enough laser shots, the radiation would be mostly, if not completely, gone. How would one re-radiate a crystal?

Oh! and a recharge seam is a type of rock that is constantly switching it's poles. When an energy crystal get un-powered (goes purple) the plasma looses its charge and is brought down to a lower state of matter. The recharge seam's constant pulsing would energize the matter inside the crystal enough to "recharge" the plasma inside.

Materials like that do exist IRL. Have you noticed how recharge seams have a different crystalline shape than the actual energy crystals? This PROVES that energy crystals are not made of the same substance as recharge seams, as some o the above ideas suggest.

My idea is so streamlined, and once you understand basic particle physics, it all works out! As Cirevam was saying about lasers, the crystal, when placed in a container full of a gas (which I have no clue what gas would work with the energy level of an energy crystal), would excite the atoms of the gas enough to produce photons. Now, when you speed up the process at which the energy crystal releases its energy, the crystal would not only be un-charged, but the resulting explosion of photons and other various sub-atomic particles, when channeled through the laser's output lens, would, when they hit the rock wall, cause the atoms of the wall to be excited and turn there state of matter to liquid. The molten rock, when it hits the cool air of planet U's underground caverns, would cause an explosion large enough to take down the wall.

Oh! and a recharge seam is a type of rock that is constantly switching it's poles. When an energy crystal get un-powered (goes purple) the plasma looses its charge and is brought down to a lower state of matter. The recharge seam's constant pulsing would energize the matter inside the crystal enough to "recharge" the plasma inside.
Materials like that do exist IRL. Have you noticed how recharge seams have a different crystalline shape than the actual energy crystals? This PROVES that energy crystals are not made of the same substance as recharge seams, as some o the above ideas suggest.

My idea is so streamlined, and once you understand basic particle physics, it all works out! As Cirevam was saying about lasers, the crystal, when placed in a container full of a gas (which I have no clue what gas would work with the energy level of an energy crystal), would excite the atoms of the gas enough to produce photons. Now, when you speed up the process at which the energy crystal releases its energy, the crystal would not only be un-charged, but the resulting explosion of photons and other various sub-atomic particles, when channeled through the laser's output lens, would, when they hit the rock wall, cause the atoms of the wall to be excited and turn there state of matter to liquid. The molten rock, when it hits the cool air of planet U's underground caverns, would cause an explosion large enough to take down the wall.

That is the most scientific answer I have heard in this topic.

I tip my hat off to you sir.

Are you saying that because you don't understand a word I said?

Are you saying that because you don't understand a word I said?

No I am saying that because I understand what you said and I think that is the best answer we have so far.

Okay then...

The pulsing of the recharge seam might explain why buildings can't be built in front of them. The electromagnetism would disable all of the electronics.

Apparently recharge seams function as magnetrons also, and the glowing could indeed be Magnetically Induced Plasma. (Google it, it's real, seriously) This could also mean that energy crystals, by organic or inorganic means, possess a semipermiable outer membrane capable of containing this plasma and condensing it to liquification, but keeping it from leaking out.

Gosh I love coming up with this stuff at *checks* 10:43 PM.

Recharge seams release tritium, which chemicly bonds with the phosphor changing the bandgap, and therefore the emited light (think flourecent litmus). Tritium has a halflife of about 12-12.5 years, so it will put out a surprising amount of energy in the form of heat (remember Mr. Watt?) Being hydrogen, it fairly reactive chemicly. Lastly, anyone heard of fusion?

Yes, I've heard about fusion... in stars. A chemical reaction would be more likely unless the heat and pressure at Planet U's core is immense enough. That's another thing we don't know; Planet U could be the size of Jupiter or even larger. No, the raiders would not be killed by immense gravitational forces because they're inside the planet and not on its surface. If you know how gravity works in a spherical shell, you know that anywhere inside of the shell is essentially a zero-gravity zone. A planet is not a mere shell, but after going deep enough the gravitational forces will decrease and there is a zero-gravity zone at the center of the planet. Since raiders can just teleport into a cavern with an acceptable gravity, they negate the danger of the surface gravity completely.

Anyways, now that I'm off track we should get back to crystals. Tritium's half-life is fairly short compared to other materials, and as such those recharge seams would be dead in a century. If this is true, the raiders got lucky and found Planet U while all of the crystals were fresh. A few decades later and they would be drilling purple crystals out of the walls, and monsters would start starving.

You all, did just forget my theory about the crystals. if you read my back story about planet U, it would answer those questions you would have.

All you did was say that the Planet U scientists created the first energy crystal seed. You never said HOW the scientists made them. We're speculating about the processes, not the scientists.

All you did was say that the Planet U scientists created the first energy crystal seed. You never said HOW the scientists made them. We're speculating about the processes, not the scientists.

Well, for me it still looks like you all are just trying to find other theory`s on how the crystals were made, non of you have say a word about the "Ulinks" scientists.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.