How Are Crystals Formed

Lair

good point...but I have an answer for that too...

because recharge seams are highly electric (you cant even build next to them) they provoke a reaction in crystals which has been observed in real life: the piezoelectric effect.(google it, its real alright) this makes grows the solid insides in the shell, and the crystal pressure thing starts all over again. they turn purple when the fluid drains from them, leaving the outer shell only, which itself is luminescent.

*THEORY SAVER*

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonic322

• Tracker

• Cirevam

• Lair

good point...but I have an answer for that too...

because recharge seams are highly electric (you cant even build next to them) they provoke a reaction in crystals which has been observed in real life: the piezoelectric effect.(google it, its real alright) this makes grows the solid insides in the shell, and the crystal pressure thing starts all over again. they turn purple when the fluid drains from them, leaving the outer shell only, which itself is luminescent.

*THEORY SAVER*

-.- Theory crasher crasher. :P

simple, They don't use all the power, so they send some of it back

That's not simple and it don't make sense. >.<

TheEPICtrainrider

Okay, what if the Energy Crystals act like jumper cables for the teleporter, then when we need to teleport them back, we get the EC's back?

Or what if the EC's are a deposit of some sort?

TheEPICtrainrider

There should be a new forum altogether for discussions like this...RR Philosophy! (jk, and sorta not jk...)

I think that's apart of "Set/Theme Discussion"

• 1 month later...

when I look at the poll I see the only option not there

they form just like normal earth crystals <(we can actualy use power miners as an example)

and the elaments the crystals are made of give of a unique energy

This is what Shadow just suggested: They glow because they also contain phosforise

But power miners is probably potassium, that is why they carry bananas for a substitute food without the energies that shake them (not like the LRR energy). Though that's a theory.

The poll is pointless btw.

But where do they get their energy from? that's the question.

And that leads us to the matter of the mysterious recharge seams...

TheEPICtrainrider

In the real world, many types of crystals can be found near lava. I would say this would be the case for Planet U.

All Mineral Cyristals Form that way. When Magma cools slowly, large Crystals form. So Energy Crystals mush cool very slowly, or the crystals wouldn't have had time to form.

• 2 weeks later...

mabye the lava is kept a exactly rocks melting point

therefore miniscule changes freezes or melts the lava.

(also meaning lava monsters are huingrier!)

Information on lava equilibrium temperatures. Shows how differently-composed lava cools at different temperatures and pressures. All of us should at least look through some of it. Yes, this is professor-level reading, but there are a few charts that most of us should be able to comprehend:

http://www.minsocam.org/ammin/AM57/AM57_941.pdf

• 2 months later...
SilentShadow

Crystals are organic batteries.

I vote for none of the above. I theorize that crystals are like stalagtites/mites that form from minerals eroded by water that build up over time. the fluid within them is due to the fact that after a crystal hardens, the outer shell becomes extremely hard, resulting in a crushing internal pressure that generates tremendous friction resulting in heat which in turn literally liquifies the minerals inside, which can be used as fuel. thats my geeky theory.

Sorry, but I found a video from part of a game (called Lego Land) the lego company made at:

As soon as doc put the crystal into the Chrome Crusher, the engine and lights were immediately on. A liquid fuel would never have the time to be converted into energy that quickly. The crystal has to be something like a battery or a magnet, because those are the only things that could produce such an energy.

Interesting, but how does this fit in with recharging them?

*THEORY CRASHER*

!*THEORY OBLITERATOR*! :)

As I said before, The crystal has to be either a battery Magnet/Super Lodestone because of what happened in the video.

They are probably Batteries though because...

Evidence:

1) Creatures in LRR move. Whenever something (including rockmonsters and slimy slugs) moves it degrades because of friction and other things. Creatures repair themselves with proteins, fats, and other nutrients to fix this.

2) Slimy slugs and Rock Monsters eat/consume ECs. Therefore, they get the nutrients they need to replenish/fuel their bodies only from ECs (Unless someone has seen them eating something else?). Rock Monsters may get nutrients from the rock on Planet U to repair their bodies, but they still need fuel to move and terrorize Rock raiders. If ECs were lodestones I doubt creatures would eat them. :x

Conclusion: The crystals must be a meal for bacteria, archebacteria, protozoas, or some other small creature, which are meals for the slimy slugs and rock monsters of the game. The bacteria, or whatever is in the crystal, processes the inside layer of the crystal into food (for it to eat) and electricity as a by product. The electricity is stored within the small creatures and with differing energy levels, comes different colors. Electricity created probably makes energy crystals all form into one shape too. If the Electricity within a crystal is low (Purple), you can recharge it with another energy source (like a recharge seam) to turn it back to a full charge.(Green)

• 3 weeks later...

1. I read it but I still don't get where the energy comes from.

2. How are there different energy levels? (G1,lB2,dB3,O4,R5,G10)

Isnt energy not something able to be created or destroyed.....so these crystals are after effects of massive nuclear fusion/fission?

Well That was my poor guess but I bet they all came from the stars then the planet underwent an earthquake so that everything sunk deep into the planets underground.

Sky

Ja Mata Ne

Ummm...I've had this theory for quite a while but I've been afraid that if I told you guys that I would be harassed and ridiculed because it sounds a little illogical.

It's somewhat funny if you think of it but still we must come up with an agreeable way on how energy crystals work. A physics definition (in my terms) of energy is any action or force that acts upon an object to change or move it in any shape, form, or way. Energy cannot be destroyed or created because it is always being transfered to anther form. Also, technically, a voltcrystal isn't possible unless it had a predefined point of negative and positive electric terminals. You've heard how the vehicles make a petrol engine sound and this is where one of my Rock Raiders theories comes into play. The energy crystals could be a stable form of anti matter that needs a special force to make them unstable and neutralize the anti matter. In the process electromagnetic radiation is produced that is then collected by cells in the energy crystal energy extraction thingy. The power station works on a much larger scale by using a beam of light energy put in a mass-like form that reacts to the energy crystal and producing power for RRHQ!

This antimatter theory could also be used to explain the LMS which has the ability to cross massive distances in space. (this is where the quantum theoretical stuff comes in ) The energy crystal's anti matter is used to create negative energy that when it comes in contact with anything (including the space time continuum) will cause it to do strange stuff. The negative energy is produced and put to the back of the ship (special magnetic beams keep it from coming in contact with anything and neutralizes it) and is ejected into space. This then creates a ripple in the space time fabric ,which like a surfboard, propels it forward. (now the good stuff ) In theory, the ship isn't moving (which means it won't have infinite mass because the theory of relativity says that stuff moving at the speed of light has infinite mass and we know what that would mean) but the whole space time fabric is. Essentially you are putting all of the universe on a conveyor belt of negative energy.

Please accept my theories and don't put this as spam, it explains alot and we could use this.

Please,please accept this because I've put alot of time and thinking into this.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, I'm going for the Recharge Seam theory myself, in that they're a by-product of some mysterious radiation that the huge gems from these seams emit. :doc:

I believe I have a better answer. It's a mineral, but it is not shot out from the recharge seams. >.>

The local star emits a higher concentration of neutrinos (I haven't googled the various types, otherwise I'd pick a specific type) than our home star, Sol. Because of the high concentration, they react with matter much more often than back home at earth. On Planet U, there is a particular mineral that is more reactive to the neutrinos than other minerals and become excited and ionized as a result. When these minerals are dissolved and then deposited by water, the ionized minerals form crystallized structures. These structures are somewhat porous, which allows water to seep through it and actually causes these minerals to grow upwards through capillary action.

1: In most cases, these crystals form and grow in caves along the floor and the walls, which often become buried after cave-in's. (this explains why crystals can be found in dirt, loose rock, and hard rock)

2: In some cases, however, these crystals may actually grow through the rock and form what are known as crystal seams. As the crystals grow through the rock, it actually hardens it in the same way steel grids reinforce concrete. (this explains why it takes so freaken long to drill through seams)

3: As a crystal seam ages, the neutrinos continually excite and ionize the crystals. Because the mineral has become a crystal, it has more capacity to hold ions and electric charges. This turns crystals and crystal seams into somewhat of a capacitor. The only difference b/w these crystals and capacitors is that they do not discharge everything in an instant.

In LRR, RR's cut through the rock to find small crystal formations that have been buried because those are the easiest and safest to collect (although not necessarily easiest to find). They have classed crystal seams into two categories however. The most common type is simply referred to as crystal seams and mine those only if they have the resources to spend mining the crystal-reinforced rock. The other type is referred to as "recharge" seams. These seams are much much larger (and most likely older) than the regular seams they find. Because of their shear size, cutting into them would be nearly impossible and a waste of time... more importantly however, there is the possible danger of electric shock if they were to accidentally cause a discharge while mining it. Even so these do serve a purpose. If an RR had to rapidly drain the energy from a crystal to power a large laser, then it is possible to take the drained crystal to a "recharge" seam to replenish the energy. This is possible due to the nature of the crystal seam and the nature of ions which seek an evenly distributed charge.

Nice idea there!

It's really well thought out and it explains everything.

I was wondering, who came up with rock raiders in the lego group. Maybe we could contact them and ask what the energy crystals really are.

Maybe we could contact them and ask what the energy crystals really are.

Do you think they'd have wasted time writing a backstory if it was never released?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GreenRocks

All i'm sayin' anymore on this topic.

Wha'? No! TV Tropes? Curse youuuuuuuuuu...!

• 5 months later...

*uses HUGE amout of E to rez this topic back*

Anyway,s after reading about plasma in a book, I came up with this theory.

What if the energy from energy crystals was a form of stable plasma? If the universe is infinite, than anything is possible. A stable plasma would allow it to flow (as illustrated by these paths) and slimy slugs would be able to "drink" it. The plasma, giving off electrical energy to its surroundings would also create a bluish glow as it ionizes the air. The ionization process could be used to make ion engines for the LMS Explorer, who's engines from reverse very much resemble modern ion engines (blue exhaust caused by the ions being created by the plasma).

Oh! and a recharge seam is a type of rock that is constantly switching it's poles. When an energy crystal get un-powered (goes purple) the plasma looses its charge and is brought down to a lower state of matter. The recharge seam's constant pulsing would energize the matter inside the crystal enough to "recharge" the plasma inside. The different crystal colors could mean different levels of the plasma's activity.

The energy crystals might actually be the remains of a star that imploded billions of years ago. Plasma is ejected by the star and before it has a chance to change state of matter, the shockwave of the star hits it, super-compressing some of the material around the plasma. The plasma becomes embedded into the matter that the shockwave compressed, and continues floating through space.

Better build more adv. solars to bring my E back up...

Better yet, build some energy crystal mining stations.

Another, more down to Earth theory exists. Tritium. It emits high energy electrons. I hope I don't have to explain what an electron is, do I? Keep in mind tritium is hydrogen, so it can react with a phosphor in the crystal, changing its color. The electrons excite it and it emits light. They also can deflected by a strong electric or magnetic field.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.