• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonic322

• Tracker

• Cirevam

• Lair

DeactivatedAccount

Ive gave this much thourght, ive been planing our Planets U eco-system (Based on Science, EG: Make it work in real) and this was the only problem i had (Ill post my Eco-system soon)

My theroy is that Energy Crystals form much like Dimonds, In Compressed Lava tubes. But, this is impossible. When you conisder that there are 5 types of Energy Crystals:

Aqua-Crystals, Formed under water, Only found in water or ice. As seen in Lego Aquazone theme

Energy-Crystals, Formed by Unknown, an highly concentrated form of Aqua-Crystals, with double the energy of Aqua-Crystals. As seen in Rock Raiders theme

Energy-Orbs, Formed by Unknown, an Extremely concentrated form of energy crystals, differcult to collect energy from, shaped more like an hexagon than an average crystal, As seen in Insectoids Theme

Biodium-Fule, found in asteroids orbiting mars, Formed by the vacume of space, Not very concentrated - acts more like Noss. Quick burst of energy. As seen in Life on Mars theme (This cancel's out the Mars Mission 'Fragment's' of energy crystals becuase Life on Mars and Mars Mission take part on different timelines)

Fusion-Crystals, ent going to even start on them, As seen in the Slizers/Throwbots, Slizers Millenium/Throwbots Millenium

From this i gues energy Crystals and Energy Orbs are formed from the Lava, but are not compressed. Glass forms natualy, FACT. An energy crystal could be an form of glass, filled with pure energy from an planets core (Electromagnetic & heat), Due to the Gass and presure the glass AWAYS forms that shape, compacts, and eventualy breaks through an Rock Wall. Energy-Orbs would be formed when the Energy inside the Glass breaks the usual crystal mould. Creating an hexagon. Then containing more enbergy the glass compacts even more that usual. Breaks through Rock wall, but being more compact is differcult to obtane energy, without Insectoids thermo, light energy lasers.

Aqua Crystals take the same path, but becuase of them being in water, less energy is contained before glass forming, and water polution creates Silver crystals.

Biodium, remains of space matter, collected. Chemical create energy. Asteroid forms around Biodium, Asteroid crashes, Martains get fule

Fusion Crystal. As one of the Leading Slizers/Throwbots experts im not typing all that out. Im lazy.

Anything more?

(And Cirevam, i only create lots of paragraphs on the Internet to seperate my ideas. Don't have an go.)

Very informative post, Niall. I like how you covered the other Lego crystals as well. I never thought that Insectoid Crystals could merely be a different form of Energy Crystal belonging to the hexagonal crystal family. 10/10, will read again.

Also, paragraphs are much preferable compared to walls of text.

Yeah... Have you maybe got an inspiration from matt? ;)

Great theories, a really worthwhile post, and I pretty much agree with that. :)

vv don't take the following too seriously even if it's the longest part of the post :P vv

But IM(H)O you spent too many words on explaining what the types are and not enough on the actual formation...

DeactivatedAccount

I inter-connect all lego themes (Except Mars Mission and Agents, becuase Alpha Team and Life on Mars are already set in stone in my lego timeline)

Energy Crystals do apear in many themes, and my theroy on Insectoids energy orbs and 'Energy crystals' makes sence when you consider the fact that insectoids are proberly the lost advenced race in the lego universe

(Excluding Bionicle & technic univese in that, like i say, two galaxys, one filled with minifigures, one filled with technic life. Split Universe theroy. Planet u is in Technic universe BTW. Should do an RRUwiki page on split universe and my crystal theroy)

And that Energy Orbs are twice the size, but are the same colour as Evergy crystals. Based on 'More advenced technoligy = more power' theroy it makes sence to belive that Energy Orbs are just 'Energy Crystals an crack'

Fusion Crystals have the ability to increase the power of an Slizer (Throwbot) but when 4 or more Crystals come in contact, with 4 or more slizers (Throwbots) they 'fuse'. Ill explian when (and IF) i do an energy Crystal's page on RRUwiki (All kinds)

Oh, and for you Bionicle Guys out there,

LIGHTS STONES

are energy crystals, but are not used for creating fuel.

They (like RR energy Crystals and Energy Orbs, makes me thing they are actual fragments of Energy Crystals) have an by-product that they create light. Matoran use this by-product insted of using there actual energy content.

Meh, ill make an RRUwiki page about this... Saves me from adding more to this topic...

Oh, and to answer your question lair of RockWhales, look at it from an realistic point of vew.

You only mine what you need.

You mine more of an less efficient fule than an more efficient fule.

Rock Raiders do not mine alot of Energy Crystals

But Aquazone mine almost all the Aqua Crystals

And even Insectoids, although they use alot of power. Only mien small amounts of Energy Orbs at an time.

From this i figure that there 'MUST' be different powerlevels.

(Also from the PS1 game, RED crystals have more ower then Average Green Crystals)

Dang! Forgot to mention Red crystals above.

Ill add it to the RRUwiki page when i create it.

I apollogise for sometimes typinf fule' than 'fuel'

Just seems quicker to type 'fule' on an keypad.

• 2 weeks later...
InADarkMirror

Just a suggestion...

Even though several types of crystal use the same LEGO peice, do we have to assume they're all actually... you know, related? Maybe those Aqua Crystals were really just, I dunno, silver?

EDIT: Also, the more I think about it, the more I figure Energy Crystals are useful through a combination of heritho-undiscovered harmless harmless radiation and the ships generators using some sort of Mass-to-Energy conversion engine.

Edited by InADarkMirror

• 4 weeks later...

^ While that could theoretically work if the crystals had ferromagnetic metals in them (or were magnetic themselves due to something else) and suspending the antimatter in a vacuum away from the inner crystal walls, or storing it in some way that modern science hasn't discovered yet, it doesn't explain how they power vehicles. Yes, throwing the crystals into the Power Station, extracting the energy, then storing it in capacitors would actually work well for the buildings, but it doesn't explain how vehicles can process this energy.

We don't even know that much about antimatter (nor matter itself), or why normal matter is preferred over antimatter in a universal sense. Then there's dark matter which is just like "woah now! That may not be as crazy as string theory, but it's still whack. I'm going to make a chart of all this whack!"

i use to be like that....when i was little i thought pokemon was real.......i was really not thinking......

You mean Pokemans ARENT REAL?!?!

my world is crashing down around me

it doesn't explain how they power vehicles. Yes, throwing the crystals into the Power Station, extracting the energy, then storing it in capacitors would actually work well for the buildings, but it doesn't explain how vehicles can process this energy.

Well, the buildings need more power then vehicles (even though that may not be true for the larger vehicles). Well, actually, no. Buildings only need 1 energy crystal to power it. All but the hover scout need more. Hmmmmm....

The Chrome Chrusher clearly has a 10(12?) piston engine behind the "control room/cockpit". The crystals may not directly power the vehicles. They might act like batteries, or the vehicles might be some sort of hybrids. You would assume that you cant hook up jumper cables from a crystal to say, the small digger. The crystals grow outward from the base; does that mean that they have poles? I could make an animation of how they grow...

The power extracts and stores power. This means the buildings use pure energy crystal energy. The vehicles have engines. You can hear them (and see some). The vehicles cant be purely electric, or what ever form power energy crystals provide, because you can heas/see the engines they have. If they were "electric", they would be silent.

Basically, the buildings and vehicles don't use power in the same way.

TheEPICtrainrider

Well they wouldn't be pin-drop quiet, they would make some noise at least.

I say that the reason it costs more EC's for a hoverscout then to power a building, is because they teleport it down. The EC's could just be used to operate the teleporter to get it own to the planet.

Well they wouldn't be pin-drop quiet, they would make some noise at least.

I say that the reason it costs more EC's for a hoverscout then to power a building, is because they teleport it down. The EC's could just be used to operate the teleporter to get it own to the planet.

But when you tele it back, the number of crystals you used are returned to you.

I think they need more crystals do to the vehicles not being part of the base, so they need more power.

sometimes I don't understand how you guys look over the obvious -.-

But why do most buildings need crystals as well? Obviously the buildings are part of the base which is hooked up to a power station, and teleporting a building to the LMS_E gives you the crystals back, implying that they're not used for teleportation (ignoring the fact that it may be to avoid the penalty of permanently losing crystals via construction). Two buildings don't even need crystals, furthering the theory that they aren't used for powering the teleporter.

For vehicles with clearly visible engines, the crystals don't make much sense except for perhaps an electric starting mechanism. Remember that petrol engines don't need a battery to run; they can be started with a ripcord or anything that can turn over the engine. Supporting the fact that these vehicles run off of something similar to a petrol engine is how they vibrate. An electric motor will NOT vibrate that much unless it's horribly imbalanced and therefore about to tear itself apart (actually, an engine shouldn't either. I had to replace a burnt valve in my car because it was vibrating horribly and had terrible fuel efficiency and power loss. It broke one of the engine mounts too). However, trying to manually start a V12 Chrome Crusher engine really wouldn't work unless you used another vehicle to pull the ripcord or turn the spinny handle, so it makes sense that it should have an electric start. A Small Digger, on the other hand, is no more than a big lawnmower with chainsaws on the front, so it could be started manually. Also, the Small Digger only takes one crystal, not two as implied by an earlier post.

sometimes I don't understand how you guys look over the obvious -.-

you stole that from me, but just so this dosn't count as spam

I would say that the vehicles are electric powered due to the lack of other types of fuels on the planet and in space.

• 4 weeks later...

I vote for none of the above. I theorize that crystals are like stalagtites/mites that form from minerals eroded by water that build up over time. the fluid within them is due to the fact that after a crystal hardens, the outer shell becomes extremely hard, resulting in a crushing internal pressure that generates tremendous friction resulting in heat which in turn literally liquifies the minerals inside, which can be used as fuel. thats my geeky theory.

I vote for none of the above. I theorize that crystals are like stalagtites/mites that form from minerals eroded by water that build up over time. the fluid within them is due to the fact that after a crystal hardens, the outer shell becomes extremely hard, resulting in a crushing internal pressure that generates tremendous friction resulting in heat which in turn literally liquifies the minerals inside, which can be used as fuel. thats my geeky theory.

Interesting, but how does this fit in with recharging them?

*THEORY CRASHER*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.