Lego Alpha Team Audio Glitches Preventing Progress (Pc)

Shaleblade

All soundfiles loop from about 2-3 seconds in, so, for instance, LAT's main theme, which runs during the "press start!" screen, only gets the initial fanfare and a split second after, and then it loops. TV's sound files pretty much never complete (good god, it sounds like an effing youtube poop.) which makes some things impossible, as the game waits for TV to finish talking before it will start the level. I remember loving this game, and I'd really like to get back into it, but unfortunately, this is kinda stopping that.

It's happened on both copies of mine, one a legit disk and one a .iso file+MagicDisk. Two different computers, both running XP. No dice. Any ideas?

(good god, it sounds like an effing youtube poop.)

oh lol.

And congratulation, you're the Nth member to have this issue. I have this issue on one computer, the other plays no sound at all.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason, the game works perfectly in windows 7.

No compatibility mode or anything.

I finally have a chance to beat the game.

See, I never could get past TV's intro to the ice level set.

• 2 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake
TV's sound files pretty much never complete (good god, it sounds like an effing youtube poop.) which makes some things impossible, as the game waits for TV to finish talking before it will start the level.
Is it possible to remove the TV sound files from the game directory? I don't have the game so idk.

• 5 months later...
Mr. Eight-Three-One

It's a glitch in Windows XP. If you have Vista or 7, it will work if you run it as the Administrator. Unfortunately, the only known way around it in XP is this:

• 1 month later...
Addictgamer

I remember being able to play it without any problems on a XP Pro laptop.

tihs maek no sens

I am able to play with no problem on windows 7 laptop.

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately, the only known way around it in XP is this:

I tried that on my XP machine, it does work. But it's very annoying.

The game seems to use a number of DLL's found in the data that seem to be custom. We'd have to find out what changed in XP as regards sound or what functions their custom DLL's use in order to find out where the issue might start.

• 10 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.