Energy Crystal Variations

Lair

This topic is involving the various LEGO Power Crystals.

So let's start with Rock Raiders. In LRR, there are Green Energy Crystals. These things are apparently powerful. And the level 5 red ones are more. There are rumors of Gold ones, but evidence for this beta has yet to be seen. Also, blue were beta items.

Power Miners. 5 Crystal colors that are different in power types than levels. Also, 5 rock monsters that eat them and have different abilities when they do. Or get gassy upon eating the wrong one.

Fun fact: The Titanium Command Rig is powered by light green ones. These may be Sulferax's Crystals... or REAL energy crystals. They're the right color...

Aquazone had Silver Power Crystals. Uh...

And the Orbs from Insectoids were obviously LRR crystals in a different form.

I know I'm forgeting stuff.

This is discussing how these crystals can all tie together despite being so different.

lol username

Aquazone crystals = Hydrolator crystals. They give off both energy and Oxygen.

And the Energy Orbs/Voltstones are NOT even related to ECs. They are artificially created by the Zotaxians and put near the core of their planet to capture solar energy. The Zotaxians then use their Insectoid vehicles to collect them. Yes, I am the ultimate LEGO Space nerd. :P

Also, in a very old Space Port comic from a LEGO Magazine, there was a crystal known as "Neptonuim" or something like that which was highly radioactive. However, I really doubt it was canon as the comic was just totally crazy.

Oh yes, I forgot about these. In LEGO Battles and the Atlantis series, there are super-powerful rare purple ECs. It seems they appear underwater on Earth and very rarely on Mars. Also, Mars is abundant in light green ECs and Biodium, a mineral that gives off oxygen much like a Hydrolator crystal, but they do not give off power and are more of rocks then crystals.

Also, before you say "Hey wait, purple ECs are DRAINED of power!", ECs depleted of power turn a dull purple/grey and lose their glow, while the rare purple ECs have a strong purple glow.

lol username

You forgot the patches of green energy crystals that show up in Legoland.

Yes, thank you for reminding me. Also, on Ogel Island in LEGO Island 2, there are 9 Energy Crystals to collect (There are supposed to be 10 but it is glitched...). However, while they look exactly like the classic light green ECs, they are called "Space Crystals" in the manual. Strange.

1) Aquazone crystals = Hydrolator crystals. They give off both energy and Oxygen.

2) And the Energy Orbs/Voltstones are NOT even related to ECs. They are artificially created by the Zotaxians and put near the core of their planet to capture solar energy. The Zotaxians then use their Insectoid vehicles to collect them.

3) Also, in a very old Space Port comic from a LEGO Magazine, there was a crystal known as "Neptonuim" or something like that which was highly radioactive. However, I really doubt it was canon as the comic was just totally crazy.

4) Oh yes, I forgot about these. In LEGO Battles and the Atlantis series, there are super-powerful rare purple ECs. It seems they appear underwater on Earth and very rarely on Mars.

5) Also, Mars is abundant in light green ECs and Biodium, a mineral that gives off oxygen much like a Hydrolator crystal, but they do not give off power and are more of rocks then crystals.

1) Oh, ok. Wait...

2) >.<

3) I read that. All the comics back then were crazy.

4) Super-Powerful? As in more/similar to red ones?

5) OH! So they use Biodium to feed themselves and the energy crystals to power their mechs! NOW it makes sense.

You forgot the patches of green energy crystals that show up in Legoland.

LRR Crystals.

Yes, thank you for reminding me. Also, on Ogel Island in LEGO Island 2, there are 9 Energy Crystals to collect (There are supposed to be 10 but it is glitched...). However, while they look exactly like the classic light green ECs, they are called "Space Crystals" in the manual. Strange.

Hm...

Still wondering about more details on this stuff... And PM Crystals are up for debate

One of the Lego Racers sets with Freeze and Chill had a light blue Energy Crystal. I understand that they probably meant for it to be an ice crystal and nothing more, but speculation is rampant here.

lol username

One of the Lego Racers sets with Freeze and Chill had a light blue Energy Crystal. I understand that they probably meant for it to be an ice crystal and nothing more, but speculation is rampant here.

Crystal pieces appear in Belville too. Just because that piece is used doesn't mean it's a named type of crystal. For instance, if you color one brown, it's just another random rock.

lol username

There was also a crystal that came with the LEGO Chess King as a CD promo....I can't remember if it was blue or chrome.

Chrome. And once again, how is it even related to Energy Crystals? It's just a gem, simple as that. Not everything that uses the crystal piece is an EC ya know.

TheEPICtrainrider

So again, how does Power miners fit in this Crystal thing?

Again. This was one of the main reasons of this topic.

Completely unrelated to LRR

Completely related to general lego. Smug Power Miners get into a movie...

So again, how does Power miners fit in this Crystal thing?

Again. This was one of the main reasons of this topic.

Completely unrelated to LRR

As is the rest of this topic, yet it exists. Therefore this question shall be asked or else every other lego theme shall be dismissed, which they will not.

The Rock Raiders somehow knew what to look for when scanning the galaxy, and they had the processing equipment for energy crystals already, so energy crystals or an equivalent would most likely have existed on their home planet or at least their home galaxy. It doesn't explain how the Power Miners didn't know about their crystals until they went and looked, but PM could be a prequel to RR for all we know. It may be that the yellow-green crystals are the most efficient so those are what the RRs mainly use once their story starts, or maybe they're the most common.

We know red is more powerful but are rarer, so red PM crystals might just be rarer or have been mostly depleted by the time RR comes around. Light blue exists in the beta, but the PMs have a dark blue crystal. Gold crystals exist in the PM universe and were supposedly going to be in the PSX RR game (right?), but they could be even rarer and probably more powerful to the point where it's dangerous. Orange and dark green... Well, maybe the orange is a median between red and orange, and dark green could be half-charged standard RR crystals or something.

Happy now, Lair?

It may be that the yellow-green crystals are the most efficient so those are what the RRs mainly use once their story starts, or maybe they're the most common.

...The Titanium Command Rig's Drill is powered by 2 light green energy crystals... 0_0

The Rock Raiders somehow knew what to look for when scanning the galaxy, and they had the processing equipment for energy crystals already, so energy crystals or an equivalent would most likely have existed on their home planet or at least their home galaxy. It doesn't explain how the Power Miners didn't know about their crystals until they went and looked, but PM could be a prequel to RR for all we know. It may be that the yellow-green crystals are the most efficient so those are what the RRs mainly use once their story starts, or maybe they're the most common.

We know red is more powerful but are rarer, so red PM crystals might just be rarer or have been mostly depleted by the time RR comes around. Light blue exists in the beta, but the PMs have a dark blue crystal. Gold crystals exist in the PM universe and were supposedly going to be in the PSX RR game (right?), but they could be even rarer and probably more powerful to the point where it's dangerous. Orange and dark green... Well, maybe the orange is a median between red and orange, and dark green could be half-charged standard RR crystals or something.

Happy now, Lair?

That was shadows idea a few months ago

but most people didn't like the idea

why is this idea now being accepted?

Yes PM exists on Earth but where did the Rock Raiders come from originally? Earth? Oh yeah, you forgot about that little detail. If the Raiders didn't know about crystals ahead of time then they wouldn't have the scanners or the equipment to find and process the crystals in the first place.

Further evidence that Rock Raiders came from Earth is that Chief traveled to Pluto (within our solar system) and several references in Lego Racers 2, which takes place on several Earth locales and wherever Xalax is.

And Earth has regular monsters? O.o?

Lego Island 2...

Yes PM exists on Earth but where did the Rock Raiders come from originally? Earth? Oh yeah, you forgot about that little detail. If the Raiders didn't know about crystals ahead of time then they wouldn't have the scanners or the equipment to find and process the crystals in the first place.

Further evidence that Rock Raiders came from Earth is that Chief traveled to Pluto (within our solar system) and several references in Lego Racers 2, which takes place on several Earth locales and wherever Xalax is.

Lego Racers 2? What about LRR other than making Axle?

And again why are there 2 different RM types on earth 8S

1) The Berg, duh.'

2) Well, Berg has the RM's design with ice textures, so maybe there's some really quick adaptation going on?

1) The Berg, duh.'

2) Well, Berg has the RM's design with ice textures, so maybe there's some really quick adaptation going on?

1) Yes...

2) So the pathetic toilets stayed underground while The big guys went to the surface. I guess there could be another variety, but it sorta makes crystals seem odd...

And Earth has regular monsters? O.o?

Lego Island 2...

Ah; yes. Those guys. Though that place didn't seem much like Earth....that was in space. Everything was floating around.

The Rock Raiders had mining equipment, but they were on a mining expedition. They did not necessarily know about the existance of energy crystals.

I don't remember anything in LR2 about Rock Raiders...there was the Berg, yes, but that was never said to be connected with Rock Raiders. For all we know, it could be some random made-up creature in the LEGO universe just for that game/theme. Like the Tygaraur (or whatever that tiger-thing from Adventurers was)....and yes, Chief went to Pluto, but there was no evidence supporting energy crystal discovery on Pluto.

For all we know, they could be parallel universes. Completely unrelated to each other.

lol username

Really, there isn't much of a difference except that the PM monsters have crystals as part of their body as well as rock for whatever reason. Trash can monsters = small/young version of Crystal King sized monster. And remember the Small Ice/Rock monsters in LRR? Hm, do I see a connection, by any chance? Just my thoughts. Remember, the PMs didn't go down until the earthquakes started. When they got there, the monsters were extremely small. As time goes on and they go deeper, they find bigger and bigger monsters as they eat more crystals, and, as they are part crystal, they grow in size (It was said on the official website that the Crystal King is over 1000 years old, if I remember right).

EDIT: Wow, lots of posts in the time I was writing. Anyways, in the Game Boy Color of LEGO Island 2, there is a Rock Monster boss underneath LEGO Island, and he is TOTALLY Rock Raiders.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.