Has Anyone Attempted Lego Island?

Fluffy Cupcake

lol username

I'd really like to see if we could get some IXS file extractor program made somehow. Specifically, to see if there's any beta elements still in the files.

*coughrolfthevettexturescough*

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• STUDZ

• Fluffy Cupcake

• Lair

• McJobless

^ Like I said, Island 3 modding is wanted. It's probably similar to Island 2, or maybe not since people act like this it's probably different. Also it uses OGGs instead of Direct Music.

• 2 months later...

BUT we can always expand our horizons... soon as we get some more members...
And where would we get more members? It ain't like some random person is gonna type "The Informaniac" on Google randomly.

Do you have a Youtube account Studz? Perhaps you could post a video relating to any LI game and say something about TIC in it.

I think Legoking did that already. One member, Brikman, I stole his last name for my username (On BZP, he's known as Brikman McStudz). Like I always say, "Good artists copy; great artists steal."

Anyways, if IXS uses OGG files, then we could easily extract those sound files.. in THEORY, that is.

In theory? You can pull them straight from the disk. You don't need to rip them from an audio track or do anything special. They're just sitting as normal OGG files on the disk.

• 2 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Again, I have never done this, and I never have the time to extract files nowadays. I SUCK AT MODDING.

So you created TIC, but you don't have modding expirence.. I don't even know what to say about that.

Again, I have never done this, and I never have the time to extract files nowadays. I SUCK AT MODDING.

So you created TIC, but you don't have modding expirence.. I don't even know what to say about that.

Doesn't have to be able to mod to start a website, bro. He obviously has the intention of finding modders AND then learning how to mod himself.

Fluffy Cupcake
Doesn't have to be able to mod to start a website, bro. He obviously has the intention of finding modders AND then learning how to mod himself.
Well, I know that, but still he should of at least learned something about modding (and maybe found some more modders) after 10 months.

Needless to say: WE HAVEN'T HAD MUCH PROGRESS IN TEN MONTHS.

You see, I'm still trying to get more members. I've been thinking about asking Wes Jenkins (the Creative Director of the original LEGO Island) to come back and do a Q&A topic, which would lure many a fan over to my cyber shores...

But I'm waiting for the right moment to get back in touch with him. Just give me time...

• 4 weeks later...

Even if someone made tools to mod LI1, what could we do with it? Just about everything is scripted and voiced over, so you could change models and maybe make unique racetracks, but anything more starts going into overhaul territory. The holy grail would be making a completely custom island with its own events, buildings, challenges, and citizens, but that would take so much work that you might as well remake LI1 on a newer, more flexible engine. LRR's engine is bad enough; I almost don't want to see how terrible LI1's might be.

remake LI1 on a newer, more flexible engine.

But keep the looping glitch in it as a feature! ARE YOU READY TO LE? GREEN-RED BRICK, YOU STAY!

• 4 months later...

i would help i have no experince moding LI1(i didnt know it could be done!)

but ill help anayone who wants to

i have modded battle front 2

jedi knight jedi academy

and working on rock raiders.

• 2 weeks later...

jedi knight jedi academy

Mhmm, as far as I understand, Battlefront has an SDK so it's a lot easier. Both LegoRR and Jedi Knight have community developed tools. Right now, not enough tools to fully mod Island.

• 1 month later...

jedi knight jedi academy

Mhmm, as far as I understand, Battlefront has an SDK so it's a lot easier. Both LegoRR and Jedi Knight have community developed tools. Right now, not enough tools to fully mod Island.

if only.....

well as my dad said once

'if wishes where horces then beggers would ride'

i still wish we could get an extractor for it....

Edited by peanut

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.