Stunt Rally Rf Tool V1.1

Cyrem

Stunt Rally RF Tool v1.1

This tool will extract the resource archive (not build yet) (*.RFD,*.RFH) files LEGO Stunt Rally uses.

v1.1 Changes:

• UI
  • Decompression

Download v1.1: here

And no this is not the LEGO LOCO RF Tool renamed, the formats are similar but different.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Removed outdated version link
  • Like 3

Wow, Cyrem! your on fire!!! thats the second game I declared unmoddable! Now if you would just make it possible to convert brick files from Lego Creator, then you would be crowned king of modding!

Well phoo. Not only are all the sound files oddly unreadable (why won't these wavs work) but it doesn't look like any of them could be music.

Why again are the WAVs unreadable? It doesn't seem to make sense.

Ah... blame IG.

lol username

The .wav and .tga files are either corrupted or in an unknown format. And where the heck is the scene data for the stadium?!

Well phoo. Not only are all the sound files oddly unreadable (why won't these wavs work) but it doesn't look like any of them could be music.

Why again are the WAVs unreadable? It doesn't seem to make sense.

Ah... blame IG.

The .wav and .tga files are either corrupted or in an unknown format. And where the heck is the scene data for the stadium?!

Corrupted? /:|

If you look closely, all the compressed files have similar headers. If they were 'corrupted' the game would not be able to load them.

lol username

I don't know anything about file types, so I wouldn't know if a file was corrupted, compressed, or in some other format. And I've been dealing with other corrupted files on my computer recently (It wrecked FireFox and I am using Chrome...) so I didn't know for sure.

I don't know anything about file types, so I wouldn't know if a file was corrupted, compressed, or in some other format. And I've been dealing with other corrupted files on my computer recently (It wrecked FireFox and I am using Chrome...) so I didn't know for sure.

Well never fear, they are just using some sort of weird compression I haven't see before.

• 3 weeks later...
JrMasterModelBuilder

Stunt Rally? I think I still have that game. . . somewhere. I'll have to try to find it. Double compressed? That's wierd. Does this tool support re-archiveing?

In my experience (mainly Toa Inika Flash bios & GA3 for Mac) corrupt files tend to have their bytes turn from seemingly random hex values to like 98 2C A5 BC to 00 00 00 00. Strings of "00" are common in non-corrupt files though, so it's not always apparent.

Double compressed? That's wierd. Does this tool support re-archiveing?

Yes, some games use archives inside archives, this is somewhat common. This game either uses some sort of compress or weird formats. Not at this stage, I was going to see if anyone really cared about the tool and based on that I would build re-archiving into it.

lol username

Double compressed? That's wierd. Does this tool support re-archiveing?

Yes, some games use archives inside archives, this is somewhat common. This game either uses some sort of compress or weird formats. Not at this stage, I was going to see if anyone really cared about the tool and based on that I would build re-archiving into it.

I wouldn't worry about re-archiving until we figure out how to open and modify the files inside. Really, the only thing we can modify right now is the game's text...

• 1 year later...

I would like to report that this tool extracts not headerless files, but completely blank files.

I've known this for sometime.

I would like to report that this tool extracts not headerless files, but completely blank files.

I've looked at the audio files from the demo, Lair, and they have plenty of data. They just need headers, thus they cannot play. I'm looking into that. I think your RF's must be messed up.

lol username

I've looked at the audio files from the demo, Lair, and they have plenty of data. They just need headers, thus they cannot play. I'm looking into that. I think your RF's must be messed up.

Did you look at them in a hex editor like Lair did? They're nothing but a bunch of zeros.

On 3/28/2012 at 12:54 PM, jamesster said:
On 3/28/2012 at 12:35 PM, le717 said:

Did you look at them in a hex editor like Lair did? They're nothing but a bunch of zeros.

There is data at the very beginning of the file from helpmainmenusmm001.wav.

Spoiler

14c8xp5.pngkey15ba7cdebfabbe557421c19188

This is from the Demo, but it should be the same from the full game.

lol username

The .wav files aren't the music, Stunt Rally uses Microsoft DirectMusic, like LEGO Island 2, Soccer Mania, Creator Knights Kingdom, and I think a few other games. You're looking at the wrong files entirely.

The .wav files aren't the music, Stunt Rally uses Microsoft DirectMusic, like LEGO Island 2, Soccer Mania, Creator Knights Kingdom, and I think a few other games. You're looking at the wrong files entirely.

Then how come when I extracted the RFs from the demo copy from the CD we have, I got the same files and the same folder structure? Unless the demo uses different audio files then the full game, something is up.

lol username

Then how come when I extracted the RFs from the demo copy from the CD we have, I got the same files and the same folder structure? Unless the demo uses different audio files then the full game, something is up.

I don't have an extracted copy of the Stunt Rally files with me at the moment so I can't give you a path to the music, but I can say for a fact that the music in the demo is the same as the music in the main game, and that you're probably looking at Mr X's audio files or something else similar to that, not music.

EDIT: I installed the game on this computer and extracted the files. Music is at ART0001music, and uses standard DirectMusic file types (not a .wav in sight), but they aren't blank for me, I even opened the file Lair showed in the screenshot he sent me. DirectMusic Producer can't load them though. Lemme try the demo files and see what happens.

EDIT: ... except I can't find the disc. Ugh. Downloading the ISO I submitted to the Bionicle Media Project... So while the demo downloads, to recap, it seems that for some reason Lair got blank extracted files, and when I extracted and checked the same files, they weren't blank like his, but still unusable. Wonderful.

EDIT: Demo downloaded and extracted, the music files are 100% the same as the main game. Also, le, I looked up the file you posted, it's a speech file for sure (for starters, it's in the SPEECH0001english folder... :P ).

On 3/28/2012 at 2:21 PM, jamesster said:

I don't have an extracted copy of the Stunt Rally files with me at the moment so I can't give you a path to the music, but I can say for a fact that the music in the demo is the same as the music in the main game, and that you're probably looking at Mr X's audio files or something else similar to that, not music.

EDIT: I installed the game on this computer and extracted the files. Music is at ART0001music, and uses standard DirectMusic file types (not a .wav in sight), but they aren't blank for me, I even opened the file Lair showed in the screenshot he sent me. DirectMusic Producer can't load them though. Lemme try the demo files and see what happens.

EDIT: ... except I can't find the disc. Ugh. Downloading the ISO I submitted to the Bionicle Media Project... So while the demo downloads, to recap, it seems that for some reason Lair got blank extracted files, and when I extracted and checked the same files, they weren't blank like his, but still unusable. Wonderful.

EDIT: Demo downloaded and extracted, the music files are 100% the same as the main game. Also, le, I looked up the file you posted, it's a speech file for sure (for starters, it's in the SPEECH0001english folder... :P ).

Go ahead, Extreme. Go get a good laugh from jamesster's post telling me that I was wrong :P

You know, right after I posted that, I went and extracted the files again (I had pulled those .wav files out and had them somewhere else), and I found the music files. I then relized that I was looking at Mr. X's voice (which I would personally like to use in a movie sometime). I pulled out my flash drive, and extracted DXMusicProducer and tried to run it, but I got an error. I proceeded to install it, but the installer hung at the beginning and used 0 CPU and only around 1,512 KB of RAM for about 5 minutes. I put it in Compatibility mode for WinXP (SP2 &SP3), then Win95, running as admin the whole time, and it kept doing the same thing. I had to leave the house then, and I haven't tried it since (I'm not at home right now because I had to go cut grass. *Yipee.*). So I guess I'll take a look at it later.

I knew the whole time I was looking in the SPEECH0001.rf file. I was thinking that was what Lair was talking about, and didn't proceed to look for the music files in the ART0001.rf.

You know that I posted a link to the SR English demo on this topic, and you didn't have to download the entire disc just for that, right? :P

Edited by Slimy Slug

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh whoops, forgot to tell the suprise.

The files within the acrhive are zlib compressed. After decompress, everything is back to their orginal formats.

• Like 2

Oh whoops, forgot to tell the suprise.

The files within the acrhive are zlib compressed. After decompress, everything is back to their orginal formats.

Great! Finally I can mod Lego Stunt Rally like Lego Racers :D The overhauls I'm thinking up already...

Could someone give me some help please? I've downloaded three different zlib programs - one from the creator's website, one from some Geek forum (signed up just to download it - sssh), and another which I couldn't figure out how to use. I found no decompression program in the official program, and the second program just compressed it instead (performing the same process on the new zlib file just extracted it again). I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering - how do I do it?

Well, you first will need the working RF Tool that correctly breaks down the archives.... which I haven't released yet due to a bug to be fixed.

The one I found to work is offzip: http://aluigi.altervista.org/mytoolz/offzip.zip . It's commandline however.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.