Loco Rf Tool V2.0

Cyrem

LOCO RF Tool v2.0

This tool will extract the resource archive (*.RFD,*.RFH) files LEGO LOCO uses.

v2.0 Features:

• Ability to re-build LEGO LOCO RFH and RFD archives.
  • 500x faster file processing (took a total of 6 seconds to pack and unpack the files for me)

v1.1 Features:

• 2-3 times as fast processing (this version was complete by the time v1.0 reached 30%)
  • 20 times smaller file size
  • Console window instead of GUI
  • No file selecting any more. Just drag, drop and run.

How to Use:

Just put the program in the same folder as Resource.RFD and Resource.RFH is and run the program.

Download: here.

Tauka Usanake

Hurray! I'm trying it right now! What do you think we will be able to do with this? How much can we change?

Hurray! I'm trying it right now! What do you think we will be able to do with this? How much can we change?

There are some BMP's that you can edit but, but there is also some other BMP's in a weird format. Additionally there are some other files you can edit... but more info later.

Packing new Resource archive is not far off finished, I've just got to do some final things and it's done.

Tauka Usanake

More than half the .bmp files are unreadable. I guess that's to be expected. Some did show up and the .dat files along with them show the properties like walk speed and pattern it seems. Too comfusing for me to understand though. Hopefully you are working on a guide too.

Think it is possible to recreat some of the missing .bmps? They look the same size in pictures as they do on the game. A PrtSc would capture them and then just fill in the alpha layer. Only problem is that the missing .bmos I have don't have height and width. Guess they won't be perfect then?

More than half the .bmp files are unreadable. I guess that's to be expected. Some did show up and the .dat files along with them show the properties like walk speed and pattern it seems. Too comfusing for me to understand though. Hopefully you are working on a guide too.

Think it is possible to recreat some of the missing .bmps? They look the same size in pictures as they do on the game. A PrtSc would capture them and then just fill in the alpha layer. Only problem is that the missing .bmos I have don't have height and width. Guess they won't be perfect then?

I guess that means the extractor is working for you.

It seems to be marked in the archive file which files have a custom format, so once a finish the next version of this can start working on that. Also, the extraction process of the next version is like 500x faster than v1.1, it completes in like under 30 seconds now.

EDIT: Version 2.0 released with archive packing. See the first post for details.

... version is like 500x faster than v1.1, it completes in like under 30 seconds now.

like this, like that xD

As I've said before, can I have two of those odd BMPs please?

lol username

Interesting, for most of the .bmp and .wav files, there are corresponding .dat files. The ones that don't have .dat files along side them are the ones you can open normally...

Ok, I took a good long look at the pieces that you can look at and found out the following:

All the tiles are a power of 2 (Not including the standing up parts. smallest I found 16x16)

Animals do not follow the pattern

In the .Dat files that I looked at, I noticed that for the path one part was like this

physical_occupancy

1 1 1 
and for the Factory like this
physical_occupancy

4 4 3 

so my guess is that the 16x16 represent one tile.

Well thats all I found

Ok, I took a good long look at the pieces that you can look at and found out the following:

All the tiles are a power of 2 (Not including the standing up parts. smallest I found 16x16)

Animals do not follow the pattern

In the .Dat files that I looked at, I noticed that for the path one part was like this

physical_occupancy

1 1 1
and for the Factory like this
physical_occupancy

4 4 3

so my guess is that the 16x16 represent one tile.

Well thats all I found

While the building may have tiles, the dat files for the animals only seem to have locations of each sub image. Also not most wav files also have the same encryption/compression as some images.

All the encrypted files have the same size header before what looks to be the actual data begins. In total the header is 2056 bytes. The first part of the header, which consists of mostly nulls is 1032 bytes and the next part which has some sort of information is 1024 bytes which then is followed by the actual data.

Tauka Usanake

Oh WOW that was fast! Super fast! Still same .bmps that I can't see though.

So Lair Anonymouse. I would just upload a .zip into General Files and that would work? Or would a normal file be okay? Well I got a .zip done and I'm doing it right now. Click me!

Oh WOW that was fast! Super fast! Still same .bmps that I can't see though.

So Lair. I would just upload a .zip into General Files and that would work? Or would a normal file be okay? Well I got a .zip done and I'm doing it right now. Click me!

Yeah, in the archive file it marks which files are encrypted so it knows what it needs to decrypt. I have no idea way they would do some files like that and others without. It's as if they either changed their mind during development.

Oh and Anon actually asked for the files, not Lair :D

• 4 months later...
Tauka Usanake

So has anyone found out anything else on LEGO Loco? All I've been able to read is what RR Rocks said above. Although the buildings are kind of interesting. I found a file in the tracks folder called newb-h :af: and found it to have 12 3 3 dimensions. There is another for vertical postitioning. I guess this is the red train bridge with the opening it has in the center. Also buildings can have employees which is why some minifigs go to certain buildings all the time. Can't read the PossibleEmployees data though.

Also, if anyone had seen old, probable beta versions of the game, did anyone else notice that there were walk-bridges that were made above train tracks? Maybe they're still in there somewhere?

I hope that a new version of the RF tool is being made that will allow us to read those weird .bmps *hint hint*

• 4 years later...

I Know its long time ago, But can i get the unpacker??, Thinking to change some Reskin :D, my kid like this game, even its an old game.

• 7 months later...

Bumps are totally fine if you've really got something to say. I'll edit that link into the OP, as it was trying to link to that but got broken by the forum upgrade.

• 10 months later...

Hi all! :) I know this is an old topic, but I wondered if there has been any progress on opening all of the audio files reliably. There are some particular sounds from my youth I'd like to recover (and turn into ringtones).

Glad to see there are still people out there playing this old gem.

1 hour ago, cluto said:

Hi all! :) I know this is an old topic, but I wondered if there has been any progress on opening all of the audio files reliably. There are some particular sounds from my youth I'd like to recover (and turn into ringtones).

Glad to see there are still people out there playing this old gem.

Ah yes, I'd personally love to be alerted to new emails by the horrified howl a toddler makes when they're grabbed by a giant hand from the sky

Jokes aside, I'm not sure anybody's been looking at this game for a while. I'd like to see more done with it though.

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.