Lego Star Wars Modding!

aLPHA

lol username

I remember somewhere around a year ago extracting the .dat file of the Bionicle Heroes demo and finding two very interesting text files inside, written by the developers. If I remember right, one was a list of bugs to fix from when they were working on the game (and comments on them and notes about when they were fixed and such), the other (more interesting) one was a list of trivia points about the game, written by the developers, for people to find. There was a ton of stuff in there, but what I remember most is them mentioning that they actually bought a bunch of old Bionicle sets off of eBay for artist reference, and a list of other games the Bionicle Heroes developers had also worked on, including LEGO Soccer Mania (and they called it Soccer, not Football, too). I'll re-download the demo and extract it again with the new tool.

You mean wacky.txt?

Yeah, that's one of them, but I remember seeing another one in there as well.

I remember somewhere around a year ago extracting the .dat file of the Bionicle Heroes demo and finding two very interesting text files inside, written by the developers. If I remember right, one was a list of bugs to fix from when they were working on the game (and comments on them and notes about when they were fixed and such), the other (more interesting) one was a list of trivia points about the game, written by the developers, for people to find. There was a ton of stuff in there, but what I remember most is them mentioning that they actually bought a bunch of old Bionicle sets off of eBay for artist reference, and a list of other games the Bionicle Heroes developers had also worked on, including LEGO Soccer Mania (and they called it Soccer, not Football, too). I'll re-download the demo and extract it again with the new tool.

You mean wacky.txt?

Yeah, that's one of them, but I remember seeing another one in there as well.

niggles.txt

Thank you for this tool origamiguy! I was going to test it on LIJ2, but that seems to be confirmed already! :D I'll download and run it first chance I get, and report back here with the report. (Maybe now I can better look into the game to find sone more info about LAN play in LIJ2...)

(Maybe now I can better look into the game to find some more info about LAN play in LIJ2...)

We disproved this, didn't we? It was from the patch on consoles.

Look at the LSWCS multiplayer. Available from day one on consoles, never available on PC port.

• 7 months later...

This site is down. is there another link for this?

Sigh. Another day, another time we find out IP.Board trashed his post edit.

http://will.kirk.by/uploads/rru/TTLegoDatExtractStandalone.zip

There. ;)

Thank you good sir! :D I've seem to run into a problem :/ It just flashes a MDOS screen (tiny black screen) for a brief second and goes away :(

Just tried running as admind and in all Vista and XP compatiblitity modes. Im running windows 7 x64 :P

Sigh. Another day, another time we find out IP.Board trashed his post edit.

There. ;)

Thank you good sir! :D I've seem to run into a problem :/ It just flashes a MDOS screen (tiny black screen) for a brief second and goes away :(

Just tried running as admind and in all Vista and XP compatiblitity modes. Im running windows 7 x64 :P

Have you tried dragging the .dat files onto the program?

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoy!

"Open With..." or pass the filename(s) via commandline if you're that kinda person.

I'm new one here, but I'm using this:

http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/gameextractor/Game%20Extractor%202.0x/2.01/extract_201.exe

It's a Game extractor and can open various data files from many games. I had no problems with LSW2.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how to change the music on LSWII? I've been trying, but it's not working. (renaming .ogg files to .wgt mostly....)

That's a weird situation. I don't have the game so I can't run the audio through a Hex Editor to find the format details, but I can tell you there would be no way they would just be renamed .ogg files.

I asked if anyone knew how... I'm not sure that answers my question.

One question: I opened up a random .wgt file in PSPad, and the top says this: 52494646C433ED0057415645666D7420, which (converted from an online hex2string converter) says: RIFFÄ3í�WAVEfmt 

Is that the format details?

I asked if anyone knew how... I'm not sure that answers my question.

If you want help, don't take an attitude with me. I don't take kindly to people who think they've got any power when in reality they don't.

One question: I opened up a random .wgt file in PSPad, and the top says this: 52494646C433ED0057415645666D7420, which (converted from an online hex2string converter) says: RIFFÄ3í�WAVEfmt 

Is that the format details?

I would have just used the Hex Editor to get the Hex code instead of doing the PSPad method (which can give you corrupt information), but thankfully part of what I need is there. The file is a .wav file but without the rest of the header I can't figure out the full codec. It does look like WWise, though, which may mean you need to use wwise2ogg (again, I need to see the full header to determine if you can use the old codebins or if you need to use the new a06 ones) and revorb to properly convert the file.

tl;dr I think I know what to do but to be sure I need you to upload a file you want to extract and I'll take a look at it.

If you want help, don't take an attitude with me. I don't take kindly to people who think they've got any power when in reality they don't.

Sorry, McJobless. I didn't mean to offend you. I don't really want to talk like that to anyone anyway, and I didn't know you'd be offended.

The file is a .wav file but without the rest of the header I can't figure out the full codec. It does look like WWise, though, which may mean you need to use wwise2ogg (again, I need to see the full header to determine if you can use the old codebins or if you need to use the new a06 ones) and revorb to properly convert the file. tl;dr I think I know what to do but to be sure I need you to upload a file you want to extract and I'll take a look at it.

So, what is this wwise2ogg, exactly? 

EDIT: Isn't uploading the music illegal?

Sorry, McJobless. I didn't mean to offend you. I don't really want to talk like that to anyone anyway, and I didn't know you'd be offended.

Nowhere near offended, but I don't like having tone from people who ask for help. Seems rather backwards to me.

So, what is this wwise2ogg, exactly?

A program (it's actually called ww2ogg, typo on my behalf, sorry) used to convert audio files in the WWise format, made by the legendary hcs. Most developers use WWise as their audio system nowadays, so give the case for your game a quick scan to see if you can find the WWise logo (something similar to this: http://www.izotope.com/newsletters/2012_02/images/wwise_logo.png).

The big problem is that recently they overhauled the format, so while hcs was thankfully able to build a new codebin for converting the newer format, it's difficult to determine which games use the new one and which use the old one. You'd have to try them both, and whichever produces an .ogg file that works with revorb is the winner.

I'm confused... Do you feel dirty because of the acidity between each other, or the fact the solution was so simple?

but I can tell you there would be no way they would just be renamed .ogg files.

I manage to do it by just renaming a .wav file to .wtg!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I get it now.

To be fair, I was right.

They were renamed wave files. So yeah. I win. $50 please.

Leumeister

That doesn't make any sence... Wait, hang on

The file is a .wav file

Is that what you mean?

That doesn't make any sence... Wait, hang on

The file is a .wav file

Is that what you mean?

I give up. Take my clothes. Take my laptop. Just don't hurt me, no more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.