Lego Star Wars Modding!

aLPHA

I might make some youtube videos of this in the future but oh well...

Lego star wars has a layout very similar to that of LRR (Cfg, AE files, etc.) I have managed to mod the game by editing the LSW equivalent of the AE by making a giant running gonk droid. I have also made bar tender yoda, and enabled Zam Wesell and the naboo star fighter (those are not in the game by default, but with some clever CharacterTXT file editing I have done it)

All these files are located in the Lego Data folder, under Chars. I hope we see a future of many great LSW mods!

UPDATE:

Found this.

http://www.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?30024-Lego-Star-Wars-2-modding&p=4670

LSWii Xbox=LSW PC?

UPDATE:

Skinning mods? I'll take a look at that.

http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork.com/forum/1962

I now need a DAT. file cracker. Notepad won't open it because the file is too large (1.03 GB)

Any ideas? LSWii would be alot more fun to mod than LSW IMO.

I don't have it, but I believe that it has a similar layout as LSWii

I wish this was a forum, would make posting stuff much easier. *sighs* Anyways, the audio files (AKA WGT. files) can be played (edited?) with Evil Player.

http://www.hakeem.gigahost.dk/download.php

UPDATE:

These files are also found in LSWii

Good ol' LSW Modding, first times first times...

If you need any help with how skinning works or what has been found out about it, Im your man! LSW was the first game I EVER modded. I have done it for 6 years now (wow time sure dose fly).

If you mod the demo, you can even change the size, gravity, speed, health as a NPC and so on and so on...

Fluffy Cupcake
If you mod the demo, you can even change the size, gravity, speed, health as a NPC and so on and so on...
I remember doing that with the demo. I remember a friend who I borrowed the full version from and I could still do that with it. But when I bought my own sometime later, I couldn't do it anymore. -.-

• 4 weeks later...
JrMasterModelBuilder

I might make some youtube videos of this in the future but oh well...

Lego star wars has a layout very similar to that of LRR (Cfg, AE files, etc.) I have managed to mod the game by editing the LSW equivalent of the AE by making a giant running gonk droid. I have also made bar tender yoda, and enabled Zam Wesell and the naboo star fighter (those are not in the game by default, but with some clever CharacterTXT file editing I have done it)

All these files are located in the Lego Data folder, under Chars. I hope we see a future of many great LSW mods!

UPDATE:

Found this.

http://www.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?30024-Lego-Star-Wars-2-modding&p=4670

LSWii Xbox=LSW PC?

UPDATE:

Skinning mods? I'll take a look at that.

http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork.com/forum/1962

0_o How did you get Zam and the Naboo fighter?

I now need a DAT. file cracker. Notepad won't open it because the file is too large (1.03 GB)

Any ideas? LSWii would be alot more fun to mod than LSW IMO.

Notepad sucks. Use Notepad++ or a hex editor instead.

• 5 weeks later...

Good ol' LSW Modding, first times first times...

If you need any help with how skinning works or what has been found out about it, Im your man! LSW was the first game I EVER modded. I have done it for 6 years now (wow time sure dose fly).

Off topic: Dont you mean Good NEW LSW Modding? e342158.pnge342158.png

On Topic: if you can mod LSW 2 Can you try to make The "Use old save" Characters playable in the Plaza? i dont have it any more (sold it on eBay) cause now i have LSW TCS but i would like to see it happy.png

• 3 months later...

*necros this topic*

I managed to extract the sounds and particle effects out of Lego Star Wars 2 dat file using winstripper. I think it's some sort of package file that has a .dat extension so people can't mod it and see how it works. It's too big to open in a text editor, so I have no idea what type of file it is by comparing the header.

JrMasterModelBuilder

*necros this topic*

I managed to extract the sounds and particle effects out of Lego Star Wars 2 dat file using winstripper. I think it's some sort of package file that has a .dat extension so people can't mod it and see how it works. It's too big to open in a text editor, so I have no idea what type of file it is by comparing the header.

A hex editor should work.

• 1 year later...

*necros this topic*

I have written a .dat extractor (but no recompiler yet) that is confirmed to work on both Lego Star Wars II and Bionicle Heroes (the latter using a [very heavily] modified LSW engine).

I'll link it if there's any interest.

• Like 3

JrMasterModelBuilder

*necros this topic*

I have written a .dat extractor (but no recompiler yet) that is confirmed to work on both Lego Star Wars II and Bionicle Heroes (the latter using a [very heavily] modified LSW engine).

That'd be great! Game extractor is slow especially since I can only get it to work on my old XP laptop.

lol username

*necros this topic*

That'd be great! Game extractor is slow especially since I can only get it to work on my old XP laptop.

Yeah, it works on my XP laptop too, but not my 7 desktop. Odd. I did get it to launch once, then it froze... I'd certainly be interested in one that might actually work on this computer.

I've been looking into the Traveller's Tales newer engines, and a little while ago I did some undocumented comparisons of the engines better LSW1, LSW2, LSWTCS and LIJ2. It seems that they change the animation and model file formats with every new game they release, but mostly everything else stays the same. Read my topic for more info.

EDIT:

*then realises I don't have the PC version of LSW2*

It'll work with Bionicle Heroes (confirmed), and theoretically any other TT Lego game since 2006.

I tried your tool on LIJ2 (knowing it hasn't been confirmed yet.) And it worked fine, from what i saw. Fantastic work! (Again!)

I extracted the file called GAME.dat, and in the root directory of the resulting folder, there was a file called trackedfiles.txt. What's weird about it is that in the file there was written "This program cannot be run in DOS mode.". Isn't that usually only found in .exe's, .dll's, etc.? Well, I just found it a bit strange.

And just one more thing... HOW ON EARTH DO YOU MAKE IT WRITE YELLOW?!?!

lol username

I remember somewhere around a year ago extracting the .dat file of the Bionicle Heroes demo and finding two very interesting text files inside, written by the developers. If I remember right, one was a list of bugs to fix from when they were working on the game (and comments on them and notes about when they were fixed and such), the other (more interesting) one was a list of trivia points about the game, written by the developers, for people to find. There was a ton of stuff in there, but what I remember most is them mentioning that they actually bought a bunch of old Bionicle sets off of eBay for artist reference, and a list of other games the Bionicle Heroes developers had also worked on, including LEGO Soccer Mania (and they called it Soccer, not Football, too). I'll re-download the demo and extract it again with the new tool.

I remember somewhere around a year ago extracting the .dat file of the Bionicle Heroes demo and finding two very interesting text files inside, written by the developers. If I remember right, one was a list of bugs to fix from when they were working on the game (and comments on them and notes about when they were fixed and such), the other (more interesting) one was a list of trivia points about the game, written by the developers, for people to find. There was a ton of stuff in there, but what I remember most is them mentioning that they actually bought a bunch of old Bionicle sets off of eBay for artist reference, and a list of other games the Bionicle Heroes developers had also worked on, including LEGO Soccer Mania (and they called it Soccer, not Football, too). I'll re-download the demo and extract it again with the new tool.

You mean wacky.txt?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.