Bridges Of Some Sort?

PWNZOR

Is it possible to make bridges of some sort? Like another Power-path terrain, but it works only on water and lava? Or like a building that Rock Raiders can somehow walk on top of?

If this is possible, it'll take massive amounts of modification, but I'd like input on how this can become a reality.

I've not seen anything in the code that tells the game specifically what each different tile type does... however, I do have a theory on how to add new tiles, it's just idk if the game would crash or if the game even works the way I think it does. I'm going to do a little research on the theory first though.

It would also require being able to select water or lava....which isn't possible.

Though, it could be like a building that can only be placed near a powerpath/bridge...if we can get that working.

How about floors, you know? Like, the ground is first floor, there's an RR elevator, they take it up, walk along the top floor, find another elevator, and take it down?

Would probably take more than the bridge, but hey, its a cool design.

How is the Docks defined that it has to have a water tile next to it?

WaterEntrances		1

WaterTeleporter		TRUE

Will changing that to LavaEntrances also work?

And is there a way to make RR's walk across buildings? (or can we do this via LWS?)

Will changing that to LavaEntrances also work?

And is there a way to make RR's walk across buildings? (or can we do this via LWS?)

1, I have no clue

2, there's a couple methods you could try,

A, change RouteAvoidance to false (in the pilot stats)

B, change the collisionhight and collisionradious to 0 or a near-zero number

C, change the picksphere to 0 or a near-zero number

---------

As to the above theory I mentioned, forget it... lol. I thought maybe there was a correlation between surf.map hex#'s and the texture names in the biomes. According to the wiki, only the lava tile actually correlated with its texture number (X6).

What I was thinking is making a one-way bridge vehicle. Since you can change where the vehicle will deposit the raider, you can make the raider deposit several tiles away. Have it enter the vehicle and immediately exit, and he's across the river. It might have to be set up with a LavaDocks, so they enter the building, are transferred to the vehicle which actually sits in the lava, then can transfer to the other side. It's complicated and would require anyone who uses the bridge to be trained as a Pilot, but it's doable.

Alternatively, if we can make a "dismount vehicle" activity which was originally planned for the slug, then I'd suggest just making a catapult.

To answer the water entance thing: I've been snooping around and found that there is a waternull in the LWS for the docks. Also, I wonder what would happen if this could be changed to lava.

Lol catapult.

I think it can be done. It will take some LWS and cfg, but it is possible. There is also code in place for tiles to change from one thing to another. It's called erosion. It's probably hard coded, but we can always hope. Wait... No, no. There's isn't a lava lws, is there.

*Idea*

Do it Tak style. Have a monster throw you across the water.

There's isn't a lava lws, is there.

*Idea*

1) Yes there is, but I think it's for the steam puffs whenever the damage gets worse.

2) An immobile monster that you have to walk into and throws you a certain distance? That would work, but you wouldn't be able to build them. They could be shaped like cannons.

There's isn't a lava lws, is there.

*Idea*

1) Yes there is, but I think it's for the steam puffs whenever the damage gets worse.

2) An immobile monster that you have to walk into and throws you a certain distance? That would work, but you wouldn't be able to build them. They could be shaped like cannons.

2) won't this mean that RR's will be thrown several tiles by any and every monster that can throw them?

Then what's this for?

Activity_ThrownByRockMonster	Thrown

You can't use this twice and use two different animations for being thrown by two different "rockmonsters"

The only file we'd change is ONE LWS, for the new monster, so it wouldn't affect other monsters.

There's 2 LWS involved in throwing an RR. The RM's throwing animation and the RR's flying animation. You'll be changing the RR's flying animation, not the one for the new monster.

You can also add animations...you don't have to edit them.

But can you add activities? There's only one in pilot.ae for being thrown. So unless you know how to change the in/out for action/reaction, then your only option here is to change the fly animation. Of course it'd be funny to watch, but it would be best to disable throwing for the non-catapult RM's.

Cirevam has already explained to me once that there is a specific attack for RMvsRR, RMvsBuilding and RMvsVehicle, and that there's no way to add additional attacks/animations; you can only change the existing ones.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a special Pilot deposit null in the RMvsRR animation. Just change that, even though the Pilot won't look right. Here, I'll even take a look at it right now.

The file in question is pickup_shake.lws. There are two special nulls, Start_NULL and End_NULL. Take a look at this picture for locations:

Look familiar? Start_NULL is where the raider is put to be picked up, and End_NULL is where he lands. I think this is no more difficult than moving that End_NULL several squares away and then changing some of the monster's stats to make it act like a cannon. If anything, this will let us see if it's possible and we can worry about visuals later.

I also forgot to mention 3 things about the cannon.

1. The issue of aim

2. What happens if the target is across a wall

3. What happens if the target is IN a wall

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.