Lego Stunt Rally Won't Run

Baz

Since I've just gotten a new computer with Windows 7, I've been able to install nearly all of my old games in working function, except Lego Stunt Rally.

I've done lots of looking around online and have found a few answers that didn't work. I'm wondering whether anyone here has that game, and has gotten it to work with Vista or Windows 7? The problem I'm having is a Windows C++ Runtime Error with _mcr.exe crashing either on start up or during the game on building a track or selecting a car.

Anyone know how to fix this? The old tech support pages have an _mcr.exe crash solution, but it involves setting up a dummy printer for it to read. I tried this and it didn't work.

I can run it with no Glitches except for the occasional game Shuting down and minimizeing like on my Alpha Team Copy

I can run it with no Glitches except for the occasional game Shuting down and minimizeing like on my Alpha Team Copy

On Windows 7? If so did you use any compatibility options?

i have vista and 7 (my laptop and desktop) and it seems to run just fine on both but i also have a printer that the game is finding. i also run it in win98 compatibility mode.

I just installed it on my laptop (Win7) and ran it with no compatabilities or any modifications to the game settings, and it ran perfectly. Even the cutscenes. Also, I realized it had been so long since I played it that my driving is horrible.

Hi ! My LRR works with windows 7 BUT, i think it's a other version. Yes i have 2 CD's of LSR, i bought one of them in 2000-1 and the other in 2007 in a 3 games pack. The first don't work with XP but the second CAN. I set the XP compatibility mode and run at admin and the game works fine, except there is no text......

Sry for my english/american.

• 2 years later...

I have an original Lego Stunt Rally CD from 2000 (part no. 1033446 if it means anything). I'm running it on Windows 7 64bit with the following compatability settings on the launcher (stuntrally.exe, found in Program Files (x86)/Lego Media/Lego Stunt Rally): Windows 2000, Run as Administrator, Run in 256 colors, and Run in 640x480 screen resolution.

part no. 1033446 if it means anything

The individual CDs have part numbers? O_O

Mine does. It's right below the IG and CDROM logos, about an inch and a half below the Lego Media logo.

It's also apparently manufactured in Canada. :S Never knew that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.