Robot Wars Arenas Of Destruction - Do You Have/play It?

Cyrem

This is quite an old game now. It was made after the (awesome) TV Show that was on many years ago, but stopped. Lucky for me, I do have a copy of the game.

There is also another one made after it: Robot Wars: Extreme Destruction. However I have been finding it difficult to track down much info on it.

So do you have or play any of these two?

THIS IS VERY REVALANT TO MY INTRESTS.

I loved that show. Sad to see it go though. I have to find an episode where one of the Mythbusters (probably Grant) was competing.

Never heard of the games though.

Any relation? Battlebots is an offshoot of the American version of Robot Wars. When Robot Wars went to the UK the people left in the US started Robot Wars. They're practically the same thing, though Battlebots is too strict with the rules regarding how the bots are built.

Anyways, I had Arenas of Destruction but it was such a crap game that I got rid of it within a few days. I'll look around for RWED.

Robot Wars was always so fun to watch, I got up early in the morning to watch them.

As for the game, I've only gotten up to the Japan Finials(I think)... I've never actually finished it.

The most irritating thing about the game though is how repetitive the commentary is in it....

"ACTIVATE!"

EDIT: Muahaha I found out how to edit the save game to change how much money I have :D

Why edit your save game when changing your username to JPEARCE gives you everything? My word! There's bits of robot everywhere!

Also, I found Extreme Destruction for cheap and tried it out. It's the same exact game as Arenas of Destruction, but you have a 2nd-person view of the bot, very subtle scrapes will appear on bots, and there seems to be more chassis choices. Otherwise, it's the same crap game. The TV studio's layout is all wrong, weapons either barely work or if they do work then they break after five seconds, and the physics are FUBAR.

I was able to win an Annihilator or two based on style and control, but for some reason my aggression is always 0, unless I make my bot as light as possible and put nothing but motors and batteries in it. With a tracked vehicle you might as well forget about aggression completely, but damage is always weighted more. Speaking of damage, axes and hammers do none of that. Put static spikes all over your robot and just ram the heck out of everything. Forget about the srimech since they just don't work. Watching Panic Attack trying to right itself was like watching a legless puppy trying to roll over... or something. It was pathetic.

Aki Dazrold

OSNAP I REMEMBER THAT SHOW

Especially hearing the kiddies tell rumors about stuff that happened in it, like "OMG DID YOU HEAR ABOUT HOW MATILDA FLIPPED A BOT OFER THE SHIELD AND KILLED A GUY"

Whether that was true or not, I don't know.

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered that I have this game in my deep pile of old CDs I got at a garage sale! It's really fun, except the commentary gets super annoying. Would you mind *ahem* giving me the *chuckle* way to editing the save file to get more credits? I really want to get to the more advanced battles.

Why edit your save game when changing your username to JPEARCE gives you everything? My word! There's bits of robot everywhere!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

What your really need is to use LEGO to build a droid that could just step on the other bots.

Where's the sport in that?

Building a bigger droid.

What your really need is to use LEGO to build a droid that could just step on the other bots.

Where's the sport in that?

Building a bigger droid.

Well in that case...

Is this big enough for you?

Joke aside, the point of combat robotics is to see which team of builders can, in combination:

• Out-design
  • Out-engineer
  • Out-weapon
  • Out-last
  • Out-drive
    -AND-
  • Out-fight

the other on a (relatively) even playing field. I say relatively because the sport is relatively new in comparison to other sports and people are still to this day finding loopholes in regulations. Walkers now have to be driven by linear actuators, servos, or fluid-powered drive systems because Son of Whyachi used a shuffle drive to compete in the 220 lb Heavyweight class (which it destroyed) despite it technically being a 340 lb Super Heavyweight.

• 3 years later...
On July 14, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Grapheme said:

This is quite an old game now. It was made after the (awesome) TV Show that was on many years ago, but stopped. Lucky for me, I do have a copy of the game.

I have played this game, but I cannot play it for some reason anymore. May I ask for a favor? The Robot Builder music in AoD is one of my favorite tracks in the whole game. Problem is, 1# Nobody has uploaded the track itself to YT... and 2# the reason stated above, so I can't record it. May I ask if you could do it for me, and send it to me? Thing is, I know you probably can't stop the woman from talking when you enter the Robot Builder, but could you enter it, and recored the track to where it at least loops twice? Please!? I'm practically begging, I so badly want that track... I miss it sooo much.. Please and Thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.